Home

Reviving The Big Red Machine: A Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

This is a discussion on Reviving The Big Red Machine: A Cincinnati Reds Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Reviving The Big Red Machine: A Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

Stubbs is a young guy, he'll get better as time moves on. he's got great range and great reaction time. i'll have him and Dickerson share CF this season while i'll have Dickerson and Gomes sharing LF. maybe Stubbs could be the next Tolan or Geronimo, who knows? time will tell

Hernandez has experience. he's been around long enough to know what's going on and teach younger players. i'll have him and Hanigan sharing the catcher spot. aslong Ramon is not giving up too many plays like missed blocks and errors, he should be just fine. same with Stubbs
Old 08-05-2010, 02:34 AM   #10
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

ahh crap. i got finished with the second game yesterday but the OS deleted my stats while i was filling them out and my computer was f'ing up so i decided to turn off my PS3 and redo game tomorrow(today) since (i would assume) the first game was saved. well i come back to it today and appearently opening day was not saved except for the fact, Lincoln still got injured.

so i basically have to start all over -.-
Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #11
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

http://pujols4mvp.webs.com/osdyn/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
MLB Scoreboard - St. Louis Cardinals (1-0) at Cincinnati Reds (0-1)
April 5, 2010123456789RHE
St. Louis Cardinals002000010390
Cincinnati Reds901001000270
WIN: Chris Carpenter (1-0) LOSS: Mike Lincoln (0-1) SAVE: Ryan Franklin (1)
Scoring Summary
3rdSchumaker homers 2 runs to right field. Freese scores.20
3rdHernandez homers on the first pitch of the inning to left21
6thBruce homers a line drive to the visitor's bullpen ceiling in right22
8thAlbert homers to left32
St. Louis Cardinals
HittersABRHBIBBSOAVG
Schumaker, 2B411201.250
Holliday, LF401000.250
Pujols, 1B411100.250
Ludwick, RF402000.500
Molina, C401000.250
Rasmus, CF400002.000
Ryan, SS400001.000
Freese, 3B412001.500
Carpenter, P301001.333
Lugo, PH100000.000
Franklin, P000000.000
BATTING:
HR: Schumaker (1), Pujols (1)
RBI: Schumaker 2 (2), Pujols (1)
St. Louis Cardinals
PitchersIPHRERBBSOERA
Carpenter (W, 1-0)8.07220102.25
Franklin (S, 1)1.0000020.00
Totals9.00722012
PITCHING:
WP: Carpenter 2 (2)
Cincinnati Reds
HittersABRHBIBBSOAVG
Cabrera, SS402000.500
Phillips, 2B401002.250
Votto, 1B400003.000
Rolen, 3B401001.250
Bruce, RF411103.250
Dickerson, LF301000.333
b-Gomes, PH100000.000
Stubbs, CF300002.000
Lincoln, P000000.000
Masset, P000000.000
Hernandez, C311100.333
Harang, P200000.000
Herrera, P000000.000
a-Nix, PH-P100001.000
Nix, CF100001.000
BATTING:
HR: Bruce (1), Hernandez (1)
RBI: Bruce (1), Hernandez (1)
BASERUNNING:
CS: Dickerson (1)
Cincinnati Reds
PitchersIPHRERBBSOERA
Harang6.0522033.00
Herrera1.0200000.00
Lincoln (L, 0-1)1.0211019.00
Masset1.0000020.00
Totals9.093306

http://dynasties.operationsports.com" target="_blank">OperationSports.com

Once again, Opening Day is here but unfortunetly, not the same result as Cincy's Redlegs fell short to their division rival, the St. Louis Cardinals. Carpenter brought his A-game as he wiffed 10 Reds in 8 innings before giving the ball up to Franklin. No one was able to hit Carpenter's curveball as it both froze hitters and had them swinging outta their shoes.

Carpenter's counter part, righty Aaron Harang, didn't do so bad either. Only gave up 5 hits in 6 innings with a 2 run homer. Only struck out 3 but didn't walk a batter. This game was basically "if you wanna see a walk, go watch the mailman!" kinda game as no one walked the entire game.

The little lefty Danny Ray Herrera came in the 7th to relieve Harang. He set the first 2 batters down on the first two pitches but then gave up two straight hits but was able to get out of trouble unscaved. Lincoln came in to get some work in an inning later.

The Reds thought they were pretty good with Albert as they held him to 0-3 in the game until Lincoln gave up Pujol's first hit and homer to give the Cards' the lead back, 3-2, in the 8th.

Masset came in to keep the deficit at 1. He struck out the first two batters to face him and got the third to ground out. Cardinal's closer came into 9th looking to shut the Reds down.

The almighty righty Rolen stepped in thinking either a tie game with one swing of the bat or get on base for Bruce to hit a walk off. He hit a pop up. It was Bruce's turn to make some late inning magic. He got sent down on strikes for the 3rd time in the game. Dusty Baker made the powerful Jonny Gomes pinch hit for Dickerson with one thing in mind -- bomb to left. That plan was backfired when he popped behind first base. Pujols caught the pop and the Cardinals win against the Reds on Opening Day.

Last edited by Spider Tre; 08-05-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

alright, screw the code. i'm screen shotting it

The second game of the Reds' 2010 campaign was Opening Night at Great American Ballpark and was in hopes of getting the first win and draw even with the Cardinals. Bronson Arroyo was the starter for the Reds as Adam Wainwright was the starter for La Russa's ball club.

After a routine inning and a half for both clubs, the Reds grabbed their second baserunner from a liner to right from Bruce. Dickerson was able to put the Reds ahead with a 2 run dinger to right. Arroyo remained spotless in the third, while Wainwright serves up another home run to the young lefty Votto in the bottom half of the inning. A popup, flyout and a groundout was the story for the Cardinals in the top of the 4th as Arroyo seemed to have his A-game.

In the bottom half, Bruce grabs a leadoff double. Dickerson grounded to Pujols and got Bruce to move to 3rd. With Stubbs coming up to the plate, the Reds were looking to put another run on the board. On a 1-0 count, the Reds lay down the suicide squeeze. One problem -- Stubbs pops the ball up. A throw on to third by Pujols, a double play and the inning is over. Brilliant move if successful; costly move if not.

With two out in the 5th, Arroyo seemed to have another perfect inning going. That was until Colby Rasmus lined up the middle. Perfect game and no-hitter gone. But all was well when Brendan Ryan grounded out to 2nd baseman Phillips to end the inning. The Reds went down in order in the bottom of the inning.

With 2 outs in the 6th, Arroyo was looking to set down possibly his batter of the outing. Skip Schumaker grounds to Cabrera but he drops the ball. He picks it up and throws to Votto but it was well to late and chalks up an E6. Now Arroyo has to deal with Holliday with two outs and a man on first. Holliday rips a ball to the wall left center. Schmaker goes from 1st to home and Holliday winds up in 2nd. Cabrera's error really made a difference now. The rookie Ondrusek warms up in the bullpen incase Pujols makes it a 2 run inning. He popped to Votto and the Reds avoid what coulda been a big inning. Phillips lined out to Ludwick, Votto struck out and Rolen struck out in the bottom half of the 6th.

Making his major league debut, the 6'8" right hander, Logan Ondrusek. He faced trouble already as Ludwick doubled to center. Molina then lined to center. Stubbs racing towards the ball to catch it but was just behind it. He threw it to the cutoff man, Votto, who threw to Hernandez but Ludwick just missed the tag and it's now a 3-2 game. Masset and Rhodes were called to warm up in the bullpen. Luckly, Rasmus flew out, Ryan grounded out and Freese lined out to end the top of the 6th. Bruce struck out, Dickerson flew out and Stubbs popped out to end the 7th.

Masset came out of the bullpen to pitch the 8th and hope to keep it a one run game for Cordero in the 9th. After pinch hitter Tyler Greene struck out, and Schumaker grounded out, it was Holliday's turn. He hit his second double of the game to about the same spot he hit in the 6th. Rookie Shane Robinson was to take Holliday's place on the bags. Masset intentionally walks Albert. At that point, it was a wise move, until Ludwick sent one out to left. Instead of Pujols homering and making it a 4-3 game, Ludwick homered to make it a 5-3 game. Molina grounded to Phillips to end the inning. The Reds went down in order, once again, in the bottom of the 8th.

The 40 year old Rhodes was called on to pitch. Rasmus flew out, Ryan popped to Rolen and Freese popped to Votto. It was the Reds' last chance to put something together to make this game go into extra innings or win right here in the 9th. Phillips didn't help much as he grounded to Schumaker. Votto popped behind first to Pujols. In stept Rolen. The first pitch he saw, he sends over the wall in left. It had Reds Country on their feet as the deficit was cut down to 1 run. In stepped Bruce, hoping to get on base to have Dickerson end the game with a walk off. On an 0-2 count, Cardinals' closer, Franklin, tied Bruce up knots with an inside fastball and this game was over.

Reds fall to the Cardinals, 5-4.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

Great American Ballpark
April 8th, 2010
Attendence: 33,015 (71% capacity)
Weather: 64*F, clear
Wind: 17.3 mph blowing to RF
First pitch: 1:05pm

kso i wrote a play-by-play kinda thing for this game like i did the last and it was longer but my computer acted up and now i lost it so eff it, i'm not writing all that again.
the most notables of the game were that Gomes hit three home runs, the game ended by a single into left by Stubbs and Gomes scores from 2nd. and in the 10th, the Cardinals' catcher, pitcher and third baseman played catch while Brandon Phillips is running back and forth in between them for close to a minute. he was out on a 7-6-5-2-5-1-6-2 (buncha numbers that the game log cut off) play. Phillips got hustle!

oh and i deleted the post above because the dynasty table picture wouldn't show up so i had to copy the summary i made, try to reupload the pic but then my internet shut down and everything on my clipboard was lost so yeah. bummer :\

Last edited by Spider Tre; 08-05-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

One more win we're at .500!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

yep! let's hope the bullpen can hold it's own against the Cubs haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

great chise so far but if you want help with you codeing ill help you out it was happening to me so yeah message me back.

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »