Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs: A Story of Vengence and Apple Pie

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs: A Story of Vengence and Apple Pie within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs: A Story of Vengence and Apple Pie

Turner Field
1:19 am

Holman Keezel shook the last hands he'd shake this night with a security guard standing by the front door of Turner Field.

Quote:
Security Guard
Say... You're not waiting on Robert tongiht?
Quote:
Holman Keezel
Hmm.. Oh no not tonight Josh. Tonight, I think I'll just take myself home.. it's pretty late, I'll let Robert have the night off.
Quote:
Security Guard
Oh alright then.. it was a great game today Mr. Keezel. Congrats on the team getting that win. I guess... this is it until next season.
Quote:
Security Guard
So it is old friend... and Josh, you I keep telling you, you don't have to call me Mr. Keezel. Just Holma... like always. Like before... You'll be back in a few weeks, I'll find you some work here. I'll make sure of it.
Quote:
Security Guard
Awesome... ok well you have a good one.
It had been a great night, the Braves had won and the immpending doom and gloom of a Ted Turner filled OffSeason had been spared for another two days.

It was late.

Mr. Keezel

Haha...

Most times, Holman utilized his personal limo service to get back to his home after games. it had been a way of rewarding himself, treating himself after his many years in the shadows as a lowly expendable worker under Liberty Media.

However tonight wasn't most times... tonight Holman had decided to drive himself home.

And it was this night that as Holman fiddled in his pocket for his keys, that he was approached from behind by a mysterious man. The Man stuck his gun right below Holman Keezel's ear and began silently talking...
Old 10-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #50
MVP

Turner Field Parking Lot
1:26 am

Quote:
Man
Holman... Holman... Holman! My Man! Good to see you coming up all fancy like in this world today! But when I sat in my car tonight listening to the game on the radio, and hearing how the Braves straight smashed the Indians tonight.

I thought. Surely, Holman F'N Keezel would be far too difficult for me to have a quick conversation with. Surely he'd be with the team. Surely it wouldn't be this DAMN easy.

Heh

I sometimes surprise myself
Quote:
Holman Keezel
What do you want? Is it money? I don't have any
Quote:
Man
Oh.. come off of it, Holman. Who wants your pitiful money. I've already got all the money that I will need tonight from a man who told me, and I mean these are his words so don't call me a liar...

"You were the man that fired him for no reason".

So he tells me, can you have a conversation with Holman... maybe talk him to him about my situation. Persuade him...
The Man sticks the gun a little harder into Holman's face

Quote:
Man
..to reconsider
Quote:
Holman Keezel
I.I... I don't know what you're talking about..
Quote:
Man
You don't know what I'm talking about? Haha funny how a man who is so good at holding grudges. So good at planning how to take over a business like the Atlanta Braves, suddenly can't remember the little things of life all of a sudden. Funny how this same man can't remember the one guy that he's fired in his short miserable time as owner.

Quote:
Holman Keezel
Quote:
Man
Ah yes... you remember now don't you. Ah yeah, your memory wasn't as bad as you thought it was. Was it Holman?
Quote:
Holman Keezel
Quote:
Man
WAS IT?!
Quote:
Holman Keezel
No... no it wasn't. It wasn't my fault... believe me, someone else forced me to fire him.
Quote:
Man
That's what we thought too. and we'll get into that in just one second if you have the time. It was quite strange that a man of your, and I don't mean to be rude... but a man of your background would overnight become fortunate enough to find $500 Million dollars in a garbage can. We were smart enough to realize that.

Don't you realize that? You're not the only that's smart Holman... You have fooled no one but yourself.

So the question now is... is that man big enough to save your life right here right now!

Quote:
Holman Keezel

Quote:
Man
I'll answer that for you. He's not... so here's what you're gonna do. I'll give you some options. First you're going to tell me who gave you the damn money. Second, you're going to cooperate with us, or I will be back to finish what I should be doing right now. And Third, you're going to lose tomorrow night.

Quote:
Holman Keezel
What does losing have to do with this?

Quote:
Man
All I know is that it is in your best interest that the Atlanta Braves lose this series... make it 6, games, or 7... My message to you is that IF the Braves win the world Series...

... you're a dead man walking

Quote:
Holman Keezel
... ok. Am I free to go.

Quote:
Man
You're forgettig the most important part. Who, gave you the money to buy the Braves?!

Quote:
Holman Keezel
It was...

Last edited by lilbiggio; 10-22-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #51
MVP

A light flickered in the distance, the man looked over his shoulder instinctively and saw a figure walking towards the car. He quickly threw Holman to the ground and fled off into the night.

Quote:
Quote:
Security Guard
Mr. Keezel... I mean Holman. What the hell was that?

Quote:
Holman Keezel
Someone pulled a f***in' gun on me man?! ****!
Quote:
Security Guard
Are you serious?!
Quote:
Holman Keezel
Yes... if you hadn't come I don't know what what would have happened. He told me something though...
Quote:
Security Guard
What's that Holman?
Quote:
Holman Keezel
We got to... (****)... he wants me to throw the Series.
Quote:
Sercurity Guard
What? Whoa... the team just now showed a sign of life. You can't ask them to do that?! They'll murder ya.
Quote:
Holman Keezel
Whoever "they" is... they're arbitrary. He... is dead serious about his threat.
Quote:
Sercurity Guard
You can't do it... Holman. We got you man. Don't tell the team to throw the series. We'll protect you..
Quote:
Holman Keezel
.... It's been a long night, and I got a lfight tomorrow. Josh can you do me one favor? The next time I ever.... ever decide to not wait on Robert. I want you to do one thing for me?

Slap the hell out of me.

Holman Keezel got into his car and drove off, as Josh stood in the parking lot, looking confused at the speeding car getting away.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 10-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #52
MVP

Indians Look to Finish Series in Cleveland

Indians at Braves - Turner Field
Oct 27, 2010123456789RHE
Cleveland ()001011000380
Atlanta ()30014000x8130
W: John Smoltz L: Aaron Laffey

The wait in Cleveland to celebrate the city's first World Series title in an eternity amount of years must wait atleast one more night. Game 5 would go to our Atlanta Braves.

Rather than bore you with the particulars of who hit 2 doubles, who struck out 3 times blah blah... yadda yadda..., I'll instead mention the adjustments that have been made which has led to us gaining some ground on these pesky Cleveland Indians.

Quote:
Adjustments #1.

1. Playing to the matchups (this past game featured an entirely all right handed batting order)
This was risky to do, as I basically told Jason Heyward, Carl Crawford, Brian McCann, and Nate McClouth to all sit on the bench and watch the potential final game of the season. By taking out all our lefty batters, and placing scrubs like Melky Cabrera (switch hitter), Yuniel Escobar, and Rookie catcher Alvin Colvin in the game, we basically cut the plate approach of Cleveland's pitching in half.

With the slider now taken away from a guy who now only has 2 pitches out of 3 to use, we feasted on the Indians pitchers. If they did decide to throw an ill advised slider, I was sitting on it, and as a result there were 3 HR's in this game. (Lee, Jones, and Cabrera).

Quote:
Adjustments #2.

2. Pitching with a little more urgency
This one is a bit more simple... all season long I have used minimal effort to pitch the ball, because it's stupid and unrealistic to think John Smoltz or whoever is on the mound is going to be pumping all 80+ pitches he throws at 100% energy in the red.

But from here on out, we're throwing with a little more power on our pitches and looking to get guys out of the game by the 5th inning instead of the 7th. Balls that weren't breaking the right way have now found themselves not sitting smack dab in the middle of the plate, and it has seemed to at the moment kill those annoying *** 0-2 hits for now.

Off to Cleveland... this time for real, for game 6 of this series... Hope for the best.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 10-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #53
MVP

Billy Wagner Holds on for Save, World Series Tied at 3-3

Braves at Indians - Progressive Field
Oct 31, 2010123456789RHE
Atlanta ()0200002105120
Cleveland ()0000001124111
W: Kehnshin Kawakami L: David Huff S: Billy Wagner

It's been a season of bouncing back. We were down 10+ games to the NYM and Philly to start the month of April, having not won one series the whole time.

We had a horrendous time with Tim Hudson, and bounced back our pitching staff at the half way point.

And now here we are in the Fall Classic, down 3 games to none. We have clawed our way back into this series for a decisive game 7. The monkey was taken off our back by finally issuing the Cleveland Indians their first home loss of the post season.

But funny enough it didn't come easy,, the 9th was very Rocky as Billy Wagner gave up 2 runs, and allowed the game winning run Mark Grudzielanek to reach the plate, but struck him out in an exciting 11 pitch at bat with a high and tight 97MPH fast ball.

Game 7 is tommorrow... I was conflicted on whether to go with the Time Tested Derek Lowe, or with our newest stud out on the mound Kris Medlen.

We're going Lowe. No offense to Medlen, he's our future... but this has been Derek Lowe's role all year long. When we've needed a big win, a big stop, or a clutch performance, Lowe has given it to us all season long. I hope he can dial it up just one more time.

I'll see if I can videotape this game so you can all see how it turns out.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 10-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #54
MVP

2010 World Series: Game 7

After deciding over the game 7 starter for about 2 minutes, Derek Lowe goes out and gives us a very quality start. As I referred to earlier, I went and put the deciding game on YouTube so you can see for yourself how it all played out.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #55
MVP

And so with that, the first season of the Ted Turner Memoirs comes to a close. Chipper Jones would be the World Series MVP as he put up 4 jacks throughout the series and was easily our best hitter. I'm not sure if Chipper will be back for the 2011 season, and if he isn't then I will miss his switch hitting abilities by far.

This was definitely sweet to get one with him on the team.

From this point, we will now proceed to chapter 2. of this story. I'll let this thread go down the page a little before Part II gets started up, but I want to thank everybody that followed the first season. Part II will be even better as our top storylines going into 2011 are:

Quote:
The Offseason/Retirees and a new Regime in Atlanta with Ted Turner officially taking his place as General Manager for the 2010 Winter Meetings.

The Mysterious Man and his deathly promise to Holman Keezel. With the Braves having won the World Series, there is certainly more legs to this story now.

The Rise to Glory of Julio Gomez A third baseman selected in the first round of the June 5th draft. His AA games pick up next season.

The Powers that Be reaction to the appointment of Ted Turner. For those keeping up, the powers that Be have been referred to a couple of times in part 1, but never really explained. Part II will have a little more development of them clearly.

And finally... can the Atlanta Braves repeat?
Stay tuned for Part II of the Ted Turner Memoirs... I'mma sit back and drink me some lemonade now for the time being and enjoy this championship a little. Until next time peace.

End of Chapter 1

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042482759

Last edited by lilbiggio; 06-12-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »