Home

New York Yankees Franchise(GM:Andre (me))

This is a discussion on New York Yankees Franchise(GM:Andre (me)) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New York Yankees Franchise(GM:Andre (me))

Yankees, Cliff Lee trying to work it out
Recently we have all heard that the Yankees and Cliff Lee were not in the same page, so much that he was even placed in the trade waivers, however both sides GM Andre and SP Cliff Lee are still trying to work out their issues and trying to see if Cliff Lee stays with them until at least the end of the season. A big reason why they are trying to work this out too is their recent pitching struggles, Cliff Lee has not pitched in a while and that has been to try and avoid injury but with the pitching struggles as of lately Cliff Lee might stay in the rotation even though Andy Pettitte just came out from the DL, Phil Hughes will most likely move to the bullpen which is in need of big help and David Robertson will be sent down to the minors most likely. I guess we will soon find out what the Yankees will do because there is one hundred percent chance a team claims Cliff Lee, we'll see if the Yankees wihtdraw or let him go.

Teams For Life:
MLB:New York Yankees
NHL:New York Rangers
Football(Soccer):F.C. Porto
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #58
Rookie

Lee Stays, Berkman Hurt, Yankees Reject Trade
To begin with the last four days for the Yankees have been a bit rough, first they had some Lee issues which they have resolved for now. Cleveland Indians claimed Cliff Lee from the waivers but the Yankees decided to keep him. "Disagreements happen, between players and the organization I understand that everyone has their own feelings and emotions which is why I wanted to try and work things out with Cliff Lee, we worked it out, we compromised, he'll stay with the club until the end of the season where he will then become a free agent and go wherever he feels most comfortable in," GM Andre said. Inside source tells us that the Rangers made an offer to the Yankees which would send SP Rich Harden, RP Darren Oliver, and 2B Christian Guzman to the Yankees for three potential A prospects, two SP and one RP. The Yankees best offensive hitter of the season Lance Berkman has been sent to the 15 day DL and could be out for about one to two months with cartilage damage to the knee, this is bad news for the Yankees since this could make Lance Berkman miss the playoffs.

Call Ups, Send Downs: Andy Pettitte has come back from the DL and David Robertson has been sent down to the minors

Lance Berkman placed in the 15 Day DL

Scores against Detroit-
Tigers 7-8 Yankees W-David Robertson L-Johnny Cueto SV-Mariano Rivera
Tigers 10-4 Yankees W-Kevin Milwood L-A.J. Burnett
Tigers 5-6 Yankees W-Joba Chamberlain L-Enrique Gonzalez (Andy Pettitte pitched 5.2IP and allowed 2ER, Mariano Rivera had a blown save in the top of the 9th, but A-Rod hit a 2 run HR in the bottom to give the Yankees a walk off win)
Tigers 3-1 Yankees W-Justin Verlander L-Cliff Lee (Verlander pitched a complete game, while Lee pitched 7.2 allowing 3 runs, two of them in the 8th inning)

The Yankees have six games left of the twenty consecutive games without any days off. They will next play against Mariners next in Yankee Stadium which they will then go on the road to play the Blue Jays.

Next 5 Games:
(Mariners)Ryan Rowland-Smith(2-5, 6.37) vs. (Yankees)Francisco Liriano (8-9, 6.07)
(Mariners)Zach Duke (5-13, 5.46) vs. (Yankees)C.C. Sabathia(16-3, 3.80)
(Mariners)Ian Snell(5-7, 5.97) vs. (Yankees)A.J. Burnett(9-9, 4.22)
(Yankees)Andy Pettitte(5-4, 5.43) vs. (Blue Jays)Marc Rzepczynski(4-9, 5.40)
(Yankees)Cliff Lee(9-6, 5.04) vs. Brandon Morrow(4-4, 5.31)

Teams For Life:
Old 12-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #59
Rookie

American League East
New York Yankees
-Right now the Yankees are in first place ten games ahead. With a winning percentage of.677 they are on pace to win 110 to 109 games however September is going to be a tough month for the Yankees so a lot can happen until then.

Tampa Bay Rays-The Rays seem to be secure of at least the wild card, they are eight and a half games ahead in the wild card with just a little bit over 30 games left in the season.

Boston Red Sox-It's turning out to be a disappointing season for them and does not seem like that any of their moves have paid off, it will be interesting to see what they will do in the offseason.

Toronto Blue Jays- The Jays are currently 63-64 so they have a shot at finishing above .500 it did not help them that they lost the last their last three games, two of them against the Yankees

Baltimore Orioles-Baltimore is looking for another under .500 season.

Last 6 Yankee Games:
Mariners 2-3 Yankees W-Francisco Liriano L-Ryan Rowland-Smith S-Mariano Rivera
Mariners 4-3 Yankees W-Zach Duke L-C.C. Sabathia S-Kelly
Mariners 1-2 Yankees W-A.J. Burnett L-Ian Snell S-Mariano Rivera (A.J. Burnett pitched a beauty of a game going seven innings allowing five hits, and one earned run. Kerry Wood got his 14th held whileRivera got his 25th save)
Yankees 1-12 Blue Jays W-Joe Blanton L-Andy Pettitte (An embarrassing game for both the Yankees and Andy Pettitte. Pettitte pitched 3.2 innings allowing 8 hits and six earned runs before being taken out for Hughes who pitched 3.1 innings and allowed one run. Chamberlain pitched 0.1 innings and allowed four runs while Frasor pitched 0.2 and allowed 1 run. Joe Blanton pitched a complete game and only allowed 9 hits. The run was a home run b Curtis Granderson in the ninth)
Yankees 9-6 Blue Jays W-Cliff Lee L-Marc Rzepczynski (Cliff Lee pitched a beauty of the game demonstrating that he knows how to keep his issues a side also probably trying to get his value up for free agency, he went eight full innings without allowing a run before he allowed three in the 9th and was taken after one out.)
Yankees 5-3 Blue Jays W-Francisco Liriano (10-9) L- Ben Sheets (6-9) S-Mariano Rivera (26)

Next 7 Match Ups
(Yankees)C.C. Sabathia (16-4, 3.81) vs. (White Sox)Gavin Floyd (9-8, 3.28)
(Yankees)A.J. Burnett (10-9, 4.11) vs. (White Sox)Edwin Jackson (12-7, 4.12)
(Yankees)Andy Pettitte (5-5, 5.91) vs. (White Sox)Freddy Garcia (7-2, 3.45)
(Athletics)Gio Gonzalez (5-9, 5.06) vs. (Yankees)Cliff Lee (10-6, 4.95)
(Athletics)Brett Anderson (12-4, 3.56) vs. (Yankees)Francisco Liriano (10-9, 5.87)
(Athletics)TBA vs. C.C. Sabathia
(Athletics)TBA vs. A.J. Burnett

Teams For Life:
Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #60
Rookie

Inconsistency=Bullpen
Andy Pettitte has been very inconsistent this year and his last star was an awful one he pitched 3 innings allowing 9 hits, only allowed 3 runs but that was thanks to Phil Hughes that came in and got the team out of a tough situation. Phil Hughes goes back into the rotation while Pettitte will be in the long relief role for now.

Last 7 Games:
Yankees 1-2 White Sox W-Gavin Floyd(10-8) L-C.C. Sabathia(16-5) S-Matt Thorton(4)
Yankees 3-2 White Sox W-A.J. Burnett (11-9) L-Bobby Jenks(0-3) S-Mariano Rivera(27)
Yankees 6-4 White Sox W-Jason Frasor(7-0) L-Erick Threets(2-9) S-Mariano Rivera(28)
Oakland 1-0 Yankees W-Gio Gonzalez(6-9) L-Cliff Lee(10-7) S-Andrew Bailey(33)
Oakland 0-2 Yankees W-Francisco Liriano(11-9) L-Brett Anderson(12-5)
Oakland 1-2 Yankees W-C.C. sabathia(17-5) L-Michael Wuertz(1-7) S-Mariano Rivera(29)
Oakland 7-6 Yankees W-Tim Wakefield(6-4) L-A.J. Burnett(11-10) S-Andrew bailey(34)

Teams For Life:
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #61
Rookie

Trenton Thunder Reaches Playoffs & Call Ups
The minor league season is over. Scranton Yankees did not make the playoffs but Trenton did make it and the Yankees are hoping they can go the distance. Also with the minor league season the Yankees have been able to make som call ups already to fill the 40 man roster of September. The following players have been called up as September Call ups, 1B Juan Miranda, IF Ramiro Pena, IF Chad Tracy, 2B Kevin Russo, IF/OF Eric Bruntlett, SP Ivan Nova, RP Jonathan Albaladejo, RP David Robertson, RP Blake Wood, RP Alfredo Aceves, RP/SP Dustin Mosely. Once the Trenton Thunder playoffs are over there should be a few more September call ups.

Trenton Thunder have lost their first two playoff games and are in danger of being eliminated if they lose one more they are playing against the Rock Cats.

Yankees Last 6
Toronto 11-4 Yankees W-Joe Blanton(14-3) L-Phil Hughes(6-9)
Toronto 9-4 Yankees W-Mark Rzepcynski(6-10) L-Cliff Lee(10-8)
Toronto 2-4 Yankees W-Francisco Liriano(12-9) L-Ben Sheets(6-11) S-Mariano Rivera(30)
Baltimore 1-3 Yankees W-C.C. Sabathia(18-5) L-Jeremy Guthrie(8-12) S-Mariano Rivera(31)
Baltimore 2-6 Yankees W-A.J. Burnett(12-10) L-Armando Gabino(0-1)
Baltimore 7-5 Yankees W-Jason Berken(1-0) L-Mariano Rivera(0-4) S-Jim Jonhson(33)

Teams For Life:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #62
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Andre, this has been and continues to be one of the best franchise threads i have ever read. very deep, and very detailed. you have put a lot of passion into this and it shows. keep up the good work and i look forward to reading all you have to offer on this.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Andre, this has been and continues to be one of the best franchise threads i have ever read. very deep, and very detailed. you have put a lot of passion into this and it shows. keep up the good work and i look forward to reading all you have to offer on this.

Thanks, that means a lot. I haven't updated with more in game stats lately because I'm trying to rush and finish this season so I can get to the offseason start a cleaner thread and have a season with the more difficult settings where it doesn't seem like I own the computer. I'll update very soon, or I might just start updating again when I get to the playoffs since I only have 11 games left, I will definitely update with the standings though even though mines mine be a bit too much since I started the season in Hall of Fame.

Yet again thanks for reading.

Teams For Life:
Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #64
Rookie

Quick Updates on Yankees
Well as playoff time approaches we will show you the scores for the last few games the Yankees had. However before that last time we said that Trenton Thunder had lost the first two games well after that they won six straight games to win the whole playoffs, so congratulations to Trenton Thunder for putting up a great fight and coming out on top.

Yankees 2-8 Texas W-Javier Vazquez L-Cliff Lee
Yankees 3-2 Texas W-Joba Chamberlain L-Chad Gaudin
Yankees 6-2 Texas W-C.C. Sabathia L-Rich Harden
Yankees 9-6 Tampa Bay W-Ivan Nova L-Dan Wheeler
Yankees 8-5 Tampa Bay W-Joba Chamberlain L-Dan Wheeler
Yankees 6-9 Tampa Bay W-Andy Sonnastine L-Dustin Mosely
Yankees 8-7 Baltimore W-Francisco Liriano L-Brian Matusz
Yankees 4-2 Baltimore W-C.C. Sabathia L-Jeremy Guthrie
Yankees 4-2 Baltimore W-A.J. Burnett L-Jason Berken
Tampa Bay 5-7 Yankees W-Phil Hughes L-Logan Kensing
Tampa Bay 8-10 Yankees W-Ivan Nova L-Virgil Vasquez
Tampa Bay 4-3 Yankees W-Lance Cormier L-Boone Logan (In this exciting game David Price had a no hitter going into the 6th inning it was broken with no outs, on the opposite side Francisco Liriano had a no hitter going in the 8th inning with one out before Gabe Kapler doubled to right. Because of Liriano's pitch count being way over 100 he was immediately taken out for Kerry Wood who blew the game. In the end Tampa Bay won 4-3 in extra innings.)
Tampa Bay 8-3 Yankees W-James Shields L-C.C. Sabathia

There are nine games remaining in the season 3 at home against the red sox, 3 away against the Blue Jays and then to end the season three at Fenway against the red sox.

Three teams have clinched the playoffs the Yankees and Angels have both clinched the division. While the Giants have clinched the playoffs but not the division yet.

Teams For Life:

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »