Home

Turning around the Cubs

This is a discussion on Turning around the Cubs within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14
Turning around the Cubs

This is my new dyansty that isn't based on any game. We begin on September of 2000:

Chicago Cubs Front Office
September 16th, 2000

Cubs GM Thomas M. Ford sat with team Owner Frank Hill after the 8-0 loss against the Montreal Expos. “I think we are just struggling this year and next year will be a better year. I Promise” Ford stated.
“I realize that but we can’t keep going on and on with losing. We have already lost 90 games and I think it is time for a change. Ford, your services are no longer required as General Manager of the Chicago Cubs Baseball Club effective at the end of the season.” Hill said with an agitated tone in his voice.
As Ford went to his office he saw the photo of the 1989 team, the first year he had been General Manager of the team. They made the playoffs but lost in 5 games to the Giants, who in turn were swept by the A’s in the World Series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

Re: Turning around the Cubs

Ford walked back to the Cubs clubhouse were the players were getting ready for the game against the St. Louis Cardinals. He walked into the locker room and called for everyone's attention: "I want you guys to know that I have been been relieved as the manager as the General Manager of the Cubs. I wish you kids good luck in the future." As he left he saw some shocked looks on players faces.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

Re: Turning around the Cubs

He walked back to his office and sat down looking at the scouting report for the Expos, he knew how the beat them, but his team just didn't have the defense. He looked at the waiver wire and saw a shocker: CF Ken Lofton was on waivers. immediately he filed paperwork to claim him from the Indians. He knew it wouldn't go through but he tried anyway.

You may comment

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »