Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs part 3: Painkillers Are A Man's Best Friend.

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs part 3: Painkillers Are A Man's Best Friend. within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs part 3: Painkillers Are A Man's Best Friend.

Get used to seeing this photo. It'll be hanged in a nice frame in Cooperstown one day.

It could possibly hang over the cash register at a random Deli and Grocery up in the Bronx. You mght also be lucky to see it in every corner barbershop down south in Atlanta.

For the purposes of this dynasty, this will be a moment, frozen in time forever.. Easily going into the hall of fame of memories for the duration of this memoir. We'll refer to this play as if it was the second coming of Bobby Thompson's called shot. Yaz steering it fair, Gibson's fist pump, or any other contrived MLB classic moment. And yet... here you are reading about this as it happens. Live, this is the moment, let's take a look:

Game 6 after nine innings would come down to a bang bang, suicide squeeze in the ninth inning. Alex Rodriguez vs. Rafael Furcal. Both starting from point A 90 feet away. both running to point B. with the winner either becoming a World Champion. Or extending his team's season for another night.

Damn did it really come down to this?

Did the Braves really over come a 3 run defecit with a 3 run 3rd immediately stopping the Yankee rally?

Did the Braves Nate McLouth really hit yet another homerun, continuing his historic tear through the world series. The same Nate McLouth who was our number one priority to trade after the emergence of Jordan Schafer in 2011?

Did Nick Swisher really hit a game tying homerun on the first pitch from Craig Kimbrell thus blowing the save and gicing us flashbacks of game 1 where it would become impossible to beat the Yankees?

...Did we really just win the 2012 World Series?

The Ted Turner Memoirs part 4: The Rise of the Power's That Be

- To Be Contnued

Last edited by lilbiggio; 01-04-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #74
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Damn that was too exciting to be a video game. I can't wait to know what happened at homeplate.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #75
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Awesome video. I don't how you're taking real audio clips and putting those audio tracks on top of the MLB The Show video but it's fantastic.

It's an absolute disgrace this dynasty only has 2,000 views. It should have like five times that many.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

woah........
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Awesome video. I don't how you're taking real audio clips and putting those audio tracks on top of the MLB The Show video but it's fantastic.

It's an absolute disgrace this dynasty only has 2,000 views. It should have like five times that many.
Ah well for that, I've found the most reliable way for the audio has been using Mozilla and getting a video downloader extension..

And that really goes to illustrate how great a game The Show is in realism. There's no arranging things around the audio, their development team just really nailed the gameplay down because everything seems to have a real life influence and as a result it replicates well. I haven't been doing this a long time, but in the amount of time that I have done it, I think there has been maybe one instance where something happened in the game that didn't happen in some form and that was the Placido Polanco going through Jason Heyward tag play.

Unfortunately there was no audio for that.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #78
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Minimum.

I don't know the Devs well, but I have a feeling they'd LOVE this Dynasty.

What an experience. Lilbiggio, I thank you.

I know it's hard to believe - especially if you or anyone else has followed my love-fest on OS about this game - but this Dynasty is actually making me enjoy my own personal Franchise more! Breaking down player and team rivalries, heroes versus villains (Oh! Look! He said it! He used his own name in a sentence!...Who does that?!?! ), etc.

This is quite the ride...

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 07-07-2012 at 09:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »