Home

San Francisco Giants Franchise... Ideas?

This is a discussion on San Francisco Giants Franchise... Ideas? within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

OVR: 0
San Francisco Giants Franchise... Ideas?

So I wanted to do a Giants Franchise Thread taking you guys through every step of the way. And I really want to know what are YOU guys interested in, because i'll have fun no matter what but I want you guys to enjoy and be entertained, and really read and follow the thread .... So I have an HD-PVR so maybe I could give you the High lights of Good games and some series also showing you the off season and in-season roster moves I can even make it a series on youtube. Any Ideas would be awesome, and with the coming details of "Diamond Dynasty" and that could be a thing to do also instead or even with a Franchise.

Thanks Sincerely,
Jetfire

Current Series
Portland Snowhakws: A Dynasty Born l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: San Francisco Giants Franchise... Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire
So I wanted to do a Giants Franchise Thread taking you guys through every step of the way. And I really want to know what are YOU guys interested in, because i'll have fun no matter what but I want you guys to enjoy and be entertained, and really read and follow the thread .... So I have an HD-PVR so maybe I could give you the High lights of Good games and some series also showing you the off season and in-season roster moves I can even make it a series on youtube. Any Ideas would be awesome, and with the coming details of "Diamond Dynasty" and that could be a thing to do also instead or even with a Franchise.

Thanks Sincerely,
Jetfire
I'd sure like to see the 18 videos of you losing to the Rockies.

I kid...I kid...

Seriously, though, my only advice is this: to show what you do outside of games (management side) but also not have it take forever, you should set up a trade, and only show it when it succeeds. Basically, don't show a bunch of failed trade attempts, failed free agent signings, etc. Just do a bunch of cuts to quickly show who you got for who/what your final lineup looks like, etc.

Also, how much did that PVR cost you, and how well does it work? I've been kind of interested in trying one out.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
I'd sure like to see the 18 videos of you losing to the Rockies.

I kid...I kid...

Seriously, though, my only advice is this: to show what you do outside of games (management side) but also not have it take forever, you should set up a trade, and only show it when it succeeds. Basically, don't show a bunch of failed trade attempts, failed free agent signings, etc. Just do a bunch of cuts to quickly show who you got for who/what your final lineup looks like, etc.

Also, how much did that PVR cost you, and how well does it work? I've been kind of interested in trying one out.
Yeah I would plan on doing that trying to keep the Management videos length shorter with some commentary.
And the Pvr was 180 Plus you need a double sided HD-Component cable about 15-20 bucks at best buy. It self it works Amazing records it on any type of PC I have almost never had a problem. The Problem is rendering and editing videos I have had the PVR for 2 months I still havent found a editing and publishing software (Vegas Camstasia) that is affordable + Likable, I guess I need to torrent one from that. even at 180$ its way worth it over other capture cards.

Current Series
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I would plan on doing that trying to keep the Management videos length shorter with some commentary.
And the Pvr was 180 Plus you need a double sided HD-Component cable about 15-20 bucks at best buy. It self it works Amazing records it on any type of PC I have almost never had a problem. The Problem is rendering and editing videos I have had the PVR for 2 months I still havent found a editing and publishing software (Vegas Camstasia) that is affordable + Likable, I guess I need to torrent one from that. even at 180$ its way worth it over other capture cards.
You can't just edit and compress with Windows Movie Maker?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
You can't just edit and compress with Windows Movie Maker?
unless you really know what you are doing, its difficult to get good production value out of wmm. i picked up a hauppage pvr at best buy for 80 bucks this past xmas and a great deal on sony vegas through amazon. i was going to use it for fifa 12, but honestly its just going to sit here till i start playing the show again this spring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
unless you really know what you are doing, its difficult to get good production value out of wmm. i picked up a hauppage pvr at best buy for 80 bucks this past xmas and a great deal on sony vegas through amazon. i was going to use it for fifa 12, but honestly its just going to sit here till i start playing the show again this spring
Yep, but until i get Vegas for cheap Ima use Wmm not to terribly hard just more work . So anything you guys would like to see specific sides what i said.

Current Series
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

Quote:
Yep, but until i get Vegas for cheap Ima use Wmm not to terribly hard just more work . So anything you guys would like to see specific sides what i said.
I don't know how you normally play your franchises from the management side, but I like to limit myself to only offering trades that involve people on the trading block (at least as the starting point of a trade, then add from there), and also only look at the trading block once a month. It helps to speed things along (otherwise, I'd spend all day trading), and makes it a little harder to build a dream team. I'm also assuming you'll be playing with budgets on, and forced trades off. Otherwise, I think it would be boring.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

Quote:
I don't know how you normally play your franchises from the management side, but I like to limit myself to only offering trades that involve people on the trading block (at least as the starting point of a trade, then add from there), and also only look at the trading block once a month. It helps to speed things along (otherwise, I'd spend all day trading), and makes it a little harder to build a dream team. I'm also assuming you'll be playing with budgets on, and forced trades off. Otherwise, I think it would be boring.
I'll see how the Budget works in the game and make sure i don't go right into dept, of course force trades off, and yeah I hope 12' has a good active CPU Trade block, sounds like a good idea

Current Series

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »