Home

The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show

This is a discussion on The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I don't know. I was hoping you knew the answer to that one. I think I might start mine out and hope that it will work when the patch comes and I won't have to restart. If I have to restart I will but hopefully we shouldn't have to.
That's true, I won't get too far anyways. I don't even know when the patch is going to come out. There was an April fool's thing going around yesterday a patch was coming out this week. We'll just have to see. I planned on playing a few Spring Training games for the heck of it too, so I'll start with the hopes of a patch.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCub
That's true, I won't get too far anyways. I don't even know when the patch is going to come out. There was an April fool's thing going around yesterday a patch was coming out this week. We'll just have to see. I planned on playing a few Spring Training games for the heck of it too, so I'll start with the hopes of a patch.
I plan on playing almost every spring training game so I can set my rosters for the season. I doubt I'll go with what the Cubs opening day is but with who is hot in spring and earned the spots.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
the team

k_mac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I plan on playing almost every spring training game so I can set my rosters for the season. I doubt I'll go with what the Cubs opening day is but with who is hot in spring and earned the spots.
I was going to skip straight to the season, but I'm not too good, so I'll play some, I just wont post all of them here. Just a few to test the tables out and stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

Quote:
I was going to skip straight to the season, but I'm not too good, so I'll play some, I just wont post all of them here. Just a few to test the tables out and stuff.
I understand, I'm pretty much dead set on my lineup I hope if Campana has a good spring that's my starting CF and lead off guy, I'm probably going to keep Rizzo up starting at first and platoon LaHair in RF LF with DeJesus and Soriano. Man I can't wait to get started on this.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
the team

k_mac's Arena

Preparing For the Future
Cubs Make Two Big Deals to End Spring Training
April 2, 2012

The Chicago Cubs end spring training with two trades, and it's obvious that they're prepping for the future. The first trade sent Chicago's second round draft pick in the 2012 draft, starting pitchers Randy Wells and Casey Coleman along with reliever Lendy Castillo to fellow NL Central member Pittsburgh for Gerrit Cole and Robbie Grossman. Gerrit Cole is a name some may recognize, he was selected 1st overall by the Pirates in the 2011 MLB draft out of UCLA. Cole, who was looked at as the top prospect in the Pirates organization will be coming to the windy city along with another Pirate top 5 prospect, outfielder Robbie Grossman. Grossman is a switch hitting center fielder, but can play all outfield positions. Both players look to start the year in Iowa, the Cubs AAA affiliate.

In the second trade, the Cubs added more pitching from the Atlanta Braves. A trade that got rid of a outfield liability added two quality arms to the Cubs roster. Alfonso Soriano, Bryan LaHair, Marcos Mateo and Chris Volstad were traded to the Braves for Julio Teheran, Mike Minor and a player to be named later. Teheran, another top-tier prospect will begin the season in AAA Iowa, while Mike Minor will crack the major league roster as either the 5th starter or at a reliever position. He'll have to battle with newly acquired Travis Wood for his spot in the rotation. Expect the player to be named later be a mid to low level prospect, nothing extremely special.

All in all, the Cubs gave up some starters at the major league level, but bolstered their pitching staff in the long run. Gerrit Cole and Julio Teheran are two of the best pitching prospects in the game today and the Cubs are lucky enough to have them both in their organization. Chicago says goodbye to a fair share of players, but gets plenty back in return. These trades also mean that Anthony Rizzo will be called up to the majors to fill the void of Bryan LaHair at first base. Expect many young players to play on the big stage in this 2012 season.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

Quote:
Preparing For the Future
Cubs Make Two Big Deals to End Spring Training
April 2, 2012

The Chicago Cubs end spring training with two trades, and it's obvious that they're prepping for the future. The first trade sent Chicago's second round draft pick in the 2012 draft, starting pitchers Randy Wells and Casey Coleman along with reliever Lendy Castillo to fellow NL Central member Pittsburgh for Gerrit Cole and Robbie Grossman. Gerrit Cole is a name some may recognize, he was selected 1st overall by the Pirates in the 2011 MLB draft out of UCLA. Cole, who was looked at as the top prospect in the Pirates organization will be coming to the windy city along with another Pirate top 5 prospect, outfielder Robbie Grossman. Grossman is a switch hitting center fielder, but can play all outfield positions. Both players look to start the year in Iowa, the Cubs AAA affiliate.

In the second trade, the Cubs added more pitching from the Atlanta Braves. A trade that got rid of a outfield liability added two quality arms to the Cubs roster. Alfonso Soriano, Bryan LaHair, Marcos Mateo and Chris Volstad were traded to the Braves for Julio Teheran, Mike Minor and a player to be named later. Teheran, another top-tier prospect will begin the season in AAA Iowa, while Mike Minor will crack the major league roster as either the 5th starter or at a reliever position. He'll have to battle with newly acquired Travis Wood for his spot in the rotation. Expect the player to be named later be a mid to low level prospect, nothing extremely special.

All in all, the Cubs gave up some starters at the major league level, but bolstered their pitching staff in the long run. Gerrit Cole and Julio Teheran are two of the best pitching prospects in the game today and the Cubs are lucky enough to have them both in their organization. Chicago says goodbye to a fair share of players, but gets plenty back in return. These trades also mean that Anthony Rizzo will be called up to the majors to fill the void of Bryan LaHair at first base. Expect many young players to play on the big stage in this 2012 season.
Man that's some big moves to start the season there.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

How did you do a trade with a PTBNL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #16

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Looking good but would Pittsburgh and Atlanta really do those trades? Cole is going to be Pittsburgh ace for a long time and both Minor and Tehran are highly coveted in Atlanta. You could get one but I doubt both, especially for soriano.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »