Home

The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show

This is a discussion on The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The New Chicago Cubs | MLB 12 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCub
Can I get some feedback on the layout of the box scores? What looks better in your opinion, the OS tables or the cropped and edited screenshots straight from the game? Just thought I'd try something different, and IMO it doesn't look too bad.
Personally, I prefer the OS box scores, but it's all the same information so it's not a big deal. I say do whatever is easiest for you. I can crank out those OS box scores pretty quickly, and I'd rather do that than copy picture files and crop them. Whatever works for you.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #50
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Just found out about the franchise glitch with the new patch, so going to sim the rest of April. For me, it's not a big deal because I only have two or three games in April left. If you're having problems, check this thread out http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-rtts.html I don't want to mess up my save file, so I'm playing it safe.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #51
the team

k_mac's Arena

Series Recap
Drop Final 3 To Phillies
4/30/12

Game 2 of 4

Philadelphia Phillies at Chicago Cubs
Apr 28, 2012123456789RHE
Philadelphia 000000000050
Chicago 00010031X590
W: Roy Halladay (3-2) L: Matt Garza (0-3)

Game 3 of 4

Apr 29, 2012123456789RHE
Philadelphia 4000000105121
Chicago 01000007X8110
W: Jose Contreras (2-1) L: Kerry Wood (1-1) S: Jonathon Papelbon (6)

Game 4 of 4

Apr 30, 2012123456789RHE
Philadelphia 000000001151
Chicago 00000004X490
W: Cole Hamels (2-1) L: Rafael Dolis (1-2)

Last edited by k_mac; 04-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #52
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCub
Just found out about the franchise glitch with the new patch, so going to sim the rest of April. For me, it's not a big deal because I only have two or three games in April left. If you're having problems, check this thread out http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-rtts.html I don't want to mess up my save file, so I'm playing it safe.
I haven't had any freezing issues yet but I'll be mindful of this so thanks for the heads up. If I have to restart my franchise I will though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #53
the team

k_mac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I haven't had any freezing issues yet but I'll be mindful of this so thanks for the heads up. If I have to restart my franchise I will though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I haven't had any freezing issues yet either, but I don't want to take the chance. In the thread with instructions it said if you played a number of teams you were at risk, and one team I remembered was Miami. I just went through the steps in the first post and I hope I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #54
the team

k_mac's Arena

Series Split
NL Central Matchup Ends Tomorrow
5/2/12

Game 1 of 3
MLB 12 The Show_5.jpg

Game 2 of 3

MLB 12 The Show_3.jpg

Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
the team

k_mac's Arena

Lowrie A Cub
Chicago Makes Trade With Division Foe
5/2/11

The Chicago Cubs have sent closing pitcher Carlos Marmol to the Houston Astros along with backup second baseman and utility infielder Jeff Baker. This marks the third trade the Cubs have made with a division member this year. As you recall, Chicago sent Cincinnati Sean Marshall before the season and ended spring training with a 6 player deal with Pittsburgh netting the Cubs highly touted prospect Gerrit Cole. The Cubs will receive SS/2B Jed Lowrie and 19 year old pitching prospect Adrian Houser in return for Baker and Marmol.

The Astros, who felt they needed an upgrade in the closer department, went out and got one they were familiar with. Marmol, who at times could be very dominate has had recent struggles, but that didn't defer the Astros. They were willing to give up Lowrie, the switch hitting SS who looks to play second for Chicago. Lowrie, 27, only had a 1 year deal with the Astros, so they weren't giving up a long term investment. The real gem of the deal may be right handed pitching prospect Adrian Houser. Houser is a 19 year old flamethrower who will be playing in low A ball. Scouting reports have shown that Houser can crank his fastball up to the high 90's.

The Cubs were very intrigued by the deal, mostly because their starter at 2B, Darwin Barney, has been struggling early on in the season hitting the ball. The move takes pressure off Barney, and will allow him to play his original position of SS when Starlin Castro needs a break. Lowrie, who some may remember from his playing time in Boston, brings a player with a winning attitude into the clubhouse in Chicago. The Cubs also unload Marmol's deal, freeing up more money.

What this means for both teams:

Chicago will move Lowrie to second, and Darwin Barney will serve as the middle infield backup. Kerry Wood will take over the closing duties and Rafael Dolis will become the new setup man.

Houston will utilize Baker off the bench, using him as a role model for their young team. Marmol will take over their closing duties and former closer Brett Myers will be moved into the bullpen. For the Astros' SS job, 21 year old Jose Altuve will be called up to play the position.

Last edited by k_mac; 04-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #56
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Nice looking trade man hopefully Wood can hold down your closer role for the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »