Home

The Next Big Thing: Colt Dupree's Road to the Show || MLB 12 The Show

This is a discussion on The Next Big Thing: Colt Dupree's Road to the Show || MLB 12 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #33
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Next Big Thing: Colt Dupree's Road to the Show || MLB 12 The Show

Blog Entry #28
NLCS

What I Did (7 Games)
8/28, .286 BA, 6 R, 9 RBI, 2 BB, 2 SO, 1 2B, 4 HR

Playoff Totals (10 Games)
14/39, .359 BA, 11 R, 13 RBI, 2 BB, 4 SO, 3 2B, 6 HR

Game One
Game one was over about as quickly as it started. We put up one run in the first inning and six in the second. By the end of the fourth inning we were ahead 10-0 and just cruised from there. We didn't score anymore runs but the Reds didn't get on the board until the eighth inning when they scored one run. I was only 1/5 for the game, but that one hit was a two-run home run so I got in on the action a little bit. Not sure why Cincy didn't pitch Jurrjens in game one since he won the Cy Young Award and all, but they gave the ball to Johnny Cueto and we shelled him.

Game One Two-Run Home Run

Game Two
Game two almost started off with a bang for me. I thought I had crushed a ball in the bottom of the first for a two run homer but, after getting 3/4 of the way down the first-base line, I look out into LF and see Chris Heisey on the warning track closing his glove on the ball for an out. I got my revenge in my second at-bat in the third inning, though. Jurrjens just left a fastball up in the zone and I destroyed it, sending the ball over the seats in right-field and into the Allegheny River. It was measured at 462-feet! It was a solo shot but it put us ahead 3-1. Defensively I had a frustrating game. Three different times a short sinking liner landed just in front of me before I could get there to make the catch; once the ball ate me up and went bouncing all the way back to the wall. Fortunately we got the ball in and held the runner at third and got out of the inning still ahead 3-1.

Game Two 462' HR into the Allegheny

Game Three

Game three, for me, was about the same as games one and two, but without a home run. I had a paltry 1/4 showing to run my series total to 3/13. The one hit was an RBI-single so I guess that was good. We blew the game though. We were up 6-1 after 3.5 innings but the Reds made a nice comeback. They scored two runs in the fourth, one in the sixth, three in the seventh, and two in the eighth to win 9-7. Ouch. We were that close to being up 3-0. Hopefully letting this one slip away won't come back to haunt us.

Game Four
Not a lot to say about game four. We just got our butts handed to us. Pittsburgh was up 5-1 after the fifth inning and we never really threatened. I continued my one hit that's a homer trend by going 1/3 with a solo shot. Yay. Right now I'm definitely in an "all or nothing" slump. I either crush the ball for a homer (or long out) or hit a weak grounder or popup for an out. It's really aggravating. Don't get me wrong, I love hitting home runs but I'd like to lace a double into the gap every once in awhile, too. At the end of the day it just sucks that now we've got to play game five in Cincy tied 2-2 instead of being up 3-1 like we should be. Yes, we get games 6 and 7 at home but we really don't want to go back home needing to win both games to advance.

Game Five
I don't know what it is about facing Jurrjens, but at least once a game I get a hold of one of his pitches. I hit a three-run homer in the first inning and, after our turn at-bat in the sixth inning we were up 4-0. Once again, though, we let the game slip through our fingers as the Reds scored five runs in the bottom of the sixth and won 5-4. We were headed back to Pittsburgh down 3-2.

Game Six
Well, we finally ended the three game skid and forced a game seven. We scored two in the first and one run in the second to jump on them 3-0 and held on. I had another one hit game, going 1/4 with a double and run scored. I've got a hit in all nine of our postseason games so far. Hopefully I can put together a multi-hit game tomorrow in game seven and we can clinch the series and move on to face Detroit for the World Series. The Tigers have had plenty of rest since they swept the Orioles, and they're going to have their rotation set and everything. Anyway, we've got more important things to worry about. On to game seven!!

Game Seven
I got my first crack in the first inning with a runner on second and two outs. I sent a 1-1 pitch back up the middle for a single, scoring the runner from second. Things only got better as Yonder Alonso worked the count on Homer Bailey to 3-0. After firing a strike to make it 3-1, Alonso crushed a ball into the right-field bleachers to put us ahead 3-0 after the first inning.

Chase Headley extended our lead in the third inning with an RBI double, and that's when I came to the plate for my second at-bat. I jumped all over the first pitch and got nearly all of it. Frustratingly, though, I hit it to dead center, the Reds center-fielder caught the ball literally with his back on the wall at the 399 mark. Loud outs put a scare into the opponent but are frustrating for the hitter. It was deep enough to move Headley to third and Alonso continued his big game with an RBI single to put us ahead 5-0 after the third inning. The Reds got on the board in the fifth after an Angel Pagan single drove in two runs. Their very next batter, Brandon Phillips, roped a ball down the third-base line for a triple, scoring Pagan to make it 5-3.

My third at-bat (in the 5th inning) was similar to my second, just another loud out to the warning track. Chris Heisey tied the game in the top of the seventh with a two-run homer, but Andrew McCutchen's RBI single in the bottom half of the inning put us back on top 6-5. I moved him to second base after my second single of the game. Alonso drew a walk to load the bases with one out but Neil Walker, on the first pitch, hit a weak popup in the infield. David Mesoraco struck out swinging on a 3-2 pitch to end the bases-loaded threat. Nothing else dramatic really happened, and we held on to win the game 6-5!! We're National League Champions!!!!

GAME ONE
Cincinnati Reds at Pittsburgh Pirates
Oct 12, 2013123456789RHE
Cincinnati (0-1)000000010161
Pittsburgh (1-0)16120000X10121
W: James McDonald (2-0) L: Johnny Cueto (0-1)

GAME TWO
Oct 13, 2013123456789RHE
Cincinnati (0-2)010000000190
Pittsburgh (2-0)01200000X380
W: Charlie Morton (2-0) L: Jair Jurrjens (1-1) S: Huston Street (3)

GAME THREE
Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds
Oct 15, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (2-1)0231001007100
Cincinnati (1-2)00120132X9140
W: Nick Masset (1-0) L: Brad Lidge (0-1) S: Sean Marshall (3)

GAME FOUR
Oct 16, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (2-2)000101000270
Cincinnati (2-2)10004200X7100
W: Drew Pomeranz (0-1) L: Johnny Cueto (1-1)

GAME FIVE
Oct 17, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (2-3)300001000470
Cincinnati (3-2)00000500X590
W: Carlos Fisher (2-0) L: Jeff Karstens (0-1) S: Sean Marshall (4)

GAME SIX
Oct 19, 2013123456789RHE
Cincinnati (3-3)000110010390
Pittsburgh (3-3)21000120X6130
W: James McDonald (3-3) L: Mat Latos (1-2) S: Huston Street (4)

GAME SEVEN
Oct 20, 2013123456789RHE
Cincinnati (3-4)000030200571
Pittsburgh (4-3)30200010X6100
W: Joe Thatcher (1-0) L: Carlos Fisher (2-1) S: Huston Street (5)

Last edited by hoopla32; 05-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #34
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #29
World Series Preview

It's Time
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 ET tonight. Right now it's a little after 9:00 a.m. and I've already got a lump in my throat and butterflies in my stomach. There was only one team in all of baseball that had a better record than us, and it's the team we're playing in the World Series. They went 105-57 in the regular season and swept through the first two rounds of the playoffs. They didn't just sweep both round, they did so impressively. They beat the Rangers in the LDS 10-3, 5-2, and 12-3. Their games against the Orioles were a little closer (3-1, 2-1, 4-2, 5-0) but they still got the job done in four. Their rested, their rotation is set, and we're running into a buzzsaw. Fortunately, due to the NL winning the All-Star game, we get home field advantage.

We showed a ton of poise to comeback and win games six and seven in the NLCS after seeing our 2-0 series lead end up as a 2-3 deficit after three games in Cincy. We let game three slip away and that series and, who knows, had we won game three we might have had just as much time as Detroit to rest. That doesn't matter, though. What does matter is that we're in the World Series playing for it all. It's time. I listed the pitching matchups for the first three games; after that it's just up to the manager. I figure we'll be seeing 2011 and 2013 Cy Young Award winner Justin Verlander games one and three, and possibly game six or seven if it goes that far.

GAME ONE
Jameson Taillon (1-0, 2.57 ERA, 15 K, 0.86 WHIP
vs.
Justin Verlander (3-0, 1.38 ERA, 27 K, 1.15 WHIP0

GAME TWO
Jeff Karstens (0-1, 7.94 ERA, 2 K, 1.76 WHIP)
vs.
Edwin Jackson (2-0, 1.69 ERA, 12 K, 0.75 WHIP)

GAME THREE
James McDonald (3-0, 2.45 ERA, 21 K, 1.27 WHIP)
vs.
Doug Fister (2-0, 2.81 ERA, 10 K, 1.25 WHIP)

Last edited by hoopla32; 05-12-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:21 AM   #35
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #29
World Series Part One

Game One
Game one started with a bang in my first at-bat. With runners on first and second and one out, I lace a sharp liner up the middle for what appeared to be an everyday single. However, Austin Jackson misplayed the ball, allowing it to roll past him all the way to the wall, and I end up on third and both runs scored. I was credited with nothing but one RBI and a single, but still. A few minutes later I scored and we were up 3-0 after the first inning. Unfortunately, Ryan Raburn hit a three-run home run in the top of the second to tie the game.

We struck again in the third inning and, by we, I mean me. With a runner on first and one out, I roped a double into the left-center gap, scoring the run, and we took a 4-3 lead. That lead didn't last long, though, as the Tigers scored three runs in the fifth inning to take a 6-4 lead. After fruitless double in the 5th inning, I got another AB in the 6th with two outs and the bases loaded. I hit sharp grounder up the middle for a single, scoring two runs. In all, we scored four runs in the sixth inning to take an 8-6 lead.

I capped off a brilliant night in my fifth and final at-bat of the game. With a runner on first, and two outs, I crushed a ball into the right-field seats for a two-run homer and it gave us a 10-6 lead. My line for the game: 5/5, 2 R, 6 RBI, 2 2B, HR.

Game Two
Not a lot of scoring early on in this one. Clint Barmes hit a two-run homer in the second inning and that was it for awhile. I started the game off 0/2 but extended my hit streak with a bases empty single in the sixth inning. Two batters later, I was on third, and Devin Mesoraco singled to left. We added another run in the sixth to take a 4-0 lead. In the seventh I hit a sharp single to right-field. Andrew McCutchen tried to score from second but was thrown out at the plate. The Tigers added a run in the eighth but wast it, and we were heading to Detroit. halfway to a World Series championship.

Game Three
Up 2-1 in the fifth inning, I came to the plate with a runner on first, and drilled a home run to dead center. It barely cleared the wall, but it it counts nonetheless. It appeared we were set to win game three and take a commanding 3-0 series lead with a 6-2 seventh inning lead. Detroit, though, put together a comeback spurred on by a three run seventh and two run ninth inning, for a 7-6 win. Ouch. I'm having NLCS flashbacks after we let game three sip through our fingers and a chance to take a 3-0 series lead. Hopefully we'll recollect ourselves and take game four.

Game Four
Well, what I feared would happened, did. We fell behind 2-0 after the first inning and ended up losing 5-3. Just like that, after leading 6-2 in the 7th inning of game three with a 2-0 series lead, were tied up 2-2 with one game left in Detroit. I did have a 2/4 day but both were singles with no one on base.

Game Five
Game five started off good enough. I came through win an RBI single in the first inning to give us a 1-0 lead. Detroit answered, though, with four runs in their half of the first inning. We scored two more runs in the third before I got my second at-bat with no outs and runners on second and third. As dumb luck would have it, though, the runners had to hold up to make sure the center fielder didn't catch up to the deep line drive. It did fall in and bounce off the center field wall, but only the runner on third was able to score while I wound up on second with a double. That's all we got in the inning but we fought back to tie the game.

We were ahead 5-4 in the seventh inning when I came to bat with a runner on first. Joaquin Benoit left a fastball up in the zone and I crushed it 450' for a two-run homer. That put us ahead 7-4 but Detroit answered with three runs in the bottom of the seventh to make it 7-7. A bases loaded walk by Detroit in the top of the 8th put us back on top 8-7. Andrew McCutchen then singled to left scoring Nick Swisher and Jose Tabata. That's when I topped my 5/5 game on performance. With two runners on, and a 10-7 lead, I fought off four straight 0-2 pitches before belting a 420-foot homer into the right-field bleachers to put us ahead 13-7. That would be the final score and we were going back home needing just win for a World Series championship. My line for the day: 5/5, 2 R, 7 RBI, 2B, 2 HR.

The only bad news is that something happened to the USB flash drive I had the highlight reel saved on from the game. The win and my big day definitely take away almost all the frustration but I still sucks that I misplaced the flash drive. Oh well, on to game six and hopefully a win!

GAME ONE
Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates
Oct 22, 2013123456789RHE
Detroit (0-1)0300300006111
Pittsburgh (1-0)30100402X10123
W: Chris Resop (1-0) L: Justin Verlander (3-1) S: Jonathan Broxton (1)

GAME TWO
Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates
Oct 23, 2013123456789RHE
Detroit (0-2)000000010181
Pittsburgh (2-0)02000200X490
W: Jeff Karstens (2-1) L: Edwin Jackson (2-1) S: Huston Street (6)

GAME THREE
Pittsburgh Pirates at Detroit Tigers
Oct 25, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (2-1)0101202006110
Detroit (1-2)000101302780
W: Phil Coke (1-0) L: Huston Street (0-1)

GAME FOUR
Oct 26, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (2-2)000010020391
Detroit (2-2)20001101X571
W: Vance Worley (1-0) L: Charlie Morton (2-1) S: Jose Valverde (4)

GAME FIVE
Oct 27, 2013123456789RHE
Pittsburgh (3-2)12110026013150
Detroit (2-3)4000003007120
W: Brad Lidge (1-1) L: Phil Coke (1-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #30
World Series Part Two

World Series Totals
17/27, .629 BA, 6 R, 16 RBI, 4 2B, 4 HR

Playoff Totals (16 Games)
31/66, .469 BA, 17 R, 29 RBI, 2 BB, 5 SO, 7 2B, 10 HR

We are The Champions!
We did precisely what needed to be done in a closeout game by scoring five runs in the first inning and never giving Detroit a chance. I contributed with an RBI double in the first and single later with the game in hand. It wasn't my best game of the series but, with two 5/5 games I guess I wasn't too shocked I was named World Series MVP.

Before the Tigers knew what hit them, they were down 9-1 in the 5th inning, and we just savored what was to come. It was all so surreal. This was my first season in the majors and we had this much success. I mean can I do any better as a professional? I'm only 19, hit 34 homers, led the league in RBIs, and won a World Series. It all just feels like a dream. I have to stay grounded and stay motivated for next season and beyond.

The team didn't waste anytime extending my contract and it's more money than I know what to do with. I inked a 7yr/$12.75M deal. The first thing I'll be doing is buying a house for my parents to stay in during the summer here in Pittsburgh so they can see more of my games in person. Since it appears I'm going to be here for awhile, I guess I better get myself a more permanent place of residence, too. I guess that's all for now. Hope you come back next season!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #37
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Alright, obviously the numbers got a little ridiculous, especially by the playoffs when my contact and power ratings were in or near 70+. The batting average, I cant' really explain. Early in the season it was a lot of singles. It seemed like even once a game I could wait out a pitcher, get a good pitch, and get a hit.

Anyway, I made some slider tweaks and hopefully the numbers will be a little more realistic.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #38
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #31
2014 Season Intro

Opening Day Lineup

RF Jose Tabata | R
3B Chase Headley | S
1B Yonder Alonso | L
LF Colt Dupree | S
CF Andrew McCutchen | R
2B Neil Walker | S
C Devin Mesoraco | R
SS Yamaico Navarro | R

Bench
RF Nick Swisher
2B Skip Schumaker
LF Alex Presley
CF Starling Marte
C Tony Sanchez

Pitching Rotation
James McDonald | R
Charlie Morton | R
Jameson Taillon | R
Drew Pomeranz | L
Jeff Karstens | R

Bullpen
LRP Archie Bradley | R
LRP Brad Lincoln | R
MRP Chris Resop | R
MRP Christopher Leroux | R
SU Jonathan Broxton | R
SU Joe Thatcher | L
CP Huston Street | R
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #32
April 1-15, 2014

What I Did (9 Games)
12/34, .353 BA, 4 R, 6 RBI,, 1 BB, 9 SO, 4 2B, 2 HR

First Injury
First off (since the injury just happened yesterday) I'll cover the beginning of the season. It didn't start off very good. We lost three of our first four - two of three at home to the Braves and the first game at home against the Reds - before going on a five game win streak. Unfortunately we closed this stretch losing two one-run games to the Brewers and Phillies. I got off to a rough 4/20 start in the five four games, but turned it on in my last four going 7/14. That includes a 3/5, 3 RBI, HR, 2 2B game against the Brewers.

Now, for the injury. First off, we were in Philly facing the Phillies who signed Justin Verlander in the off-season. Their rotation now features Roy Halladay, Justin Verlander, and Cliff Lee. Scary. But I've had good success against Verlander and laced a single into right-field in my first AB. Then I got the steal signal from the 3B coach, promptly recorded my first career stolen-base, and injured myself. It's just a strained tricep and I don't have to go on the DL, but it's still frustrating. I should only miss a couple of games at most.

Anyway, I attached a clip of my first homer of the season at home against the Reds. I'm going to hold-off and just post the standings at the end of each month until August.

Last edited by hoopla32; 05-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #40
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Blog Entry #33
April 16-30, 2014

What I Did (8 Games)
6/22, .273 BA, 3 R, 5 RBI,, 1 BB, 5 SO, HR

Not a whole lot to report because, guess what....I got benched again for "stealing" after a called hit-and-run where the batter swung and missed. I guess this was the "last straw" because the benching lasted two and a half weeks with only some sporadic pinch-hit appearances. I'd request a trade but I actually love playing in Pittsburgh. I like the city, we've got a young talented team, and we're coming off a World Series win. This may get me benched even longer but, as far as I'm concerned, Clint Hurdle can go jump off a cliff.

Last edited by hoopla32; 05-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »