Home

Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

This is a discussion on Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise! within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #73
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
Poker, how do you do posts like this, with the HTML tables?
I can answer that for him...the tables are found here: http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

And I agree with lilbiggio and AC, do what's enjoyable for you and people will come. With doing mine, I'm a fairly creative guy and I love baseball...so intermixing the two is like a dream come true. But when I look to others, I'm looking for someone who is enjoying what they do and who does a good job with it. Commitment is big too, which you have as well because this is an "Every Pitch Franchise"

Plus you're doing the Tigers, which draws me in instantaneously

Do 'em proud man! Like I was before my 2K one got killed because of my 360s RROD. I was sad when that happened, but happy at the same time because it led me to the gloriousness of The Show. But I digress, bottom line is this: enjoy yourself and others will come.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #74
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I can answer that for him...the tables are found here: http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

And I agree with lilbiggio and AC, do what's enjoyable for you and people will come. With doing mine, I'm a fairly creative guy and I love baseball...so intermixing the two is like a dream come true. But when I look to others, I'm looking for someone who is enjoying what they do and who does a good job with it. Commitment is big too, which you have as well because this is an "Every Pitch Franchise"

Plus you're doing the Tigers, which draws me in instantaneously

Do 'em proud man! Like I was before my 2K one got killed because of my 360s RROD. I was sad when that happened, but happy at the same time because it led me to the gloriousness of The Show. But I digress, bottom line is this: enjoy yourself and others will come.
First: Thanks for the link!

Second: Agree completely.

Third: You played 2K?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #75
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
First: Thanks for the link!

Second: Agree completely.

Third: You played 2K?
It's not as good as The Show, but its definitely not as bad as it was in year's past. But yes...I used to play 2K, it was my only choice at the time! I used to have the link to the dynasty in my sig, it was a decent read...kinda dull as there wasn't really a story and I wasn't going in-depth like Poker either. So it was basically game recaps and the occasional paper article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #76
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
It's not as good as The Show, but its definitely not as bad as it was in year's past. But yes...I used to play 2K, it was my only choice at the time! I used to have the link to the dynasty in my sig, it was a decent read...kinda dull as there wasn't really a story and I wasn't going in-depth like Poker either. So it was basically game recaps and the occasional paper article.
I played it this year (demo), it was so.... bad....

Anyways, do whatever you want Poker. Either way, I'll be following
Old 08-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #77
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
you're doing good man.. just keep playing man. As ACMilan has been saying, just do what's enjoyable for you. The biggest thing I'm trying to see is if someone else can make it the full 162, that alone will hold my interest as you proceed through this season.
Well, with no offense intended to the other great writers here on OS -- you're my favorite writer on here, and just the fact that you are following what I'm doing is good enough for me.

Plus, seeing all of these posts from TN35, AC, HnV, and others makes me sure its at least keeping interest. It was slow going at first because obviously in April playing every game, they don't seem to mean that much...

You (Lilbiggio), AC, and others here just have such great backstories -- but I didn't really get into that. I mean, my stepdad actually works as security at the Joe and did for years at the Tigers. Head of security at the suites at the Joe... I mean I could have played an angle to where he (Mr. Ilitch) saw my baseball mind or something and named me as consultant and heir-apparent to Dombrowski when he becomes commissioner when Selig finally decideds to step down... but, I didn't.

Now that some storylines and at least some ideas of division races, hot teams and players and the like -- I'm sure it will pick up. Just going to have to kind of experiment with how much content I give, and keep those game-milestone Team and League updates when they are supposed to be... so both the stats junkies and those that just want to read about the squad each have a little something.

If no one else is doing a dynasty with a full season of played games, you've at least got my guarantee you have one now. It was just a question of if I dedicated any time to a separate Play 1--Sim 5 dynasty as well.

THANKS TO ALL of you for your SUPPORT and KIND WORDS.

I don't want to seem like I'm singling anyone out for thanks, but I don't want to have a bunch of replies in the middle of the story saying the same thing -- SO THANKS!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #78
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Wow, that sounds like a reaaaallly good backstory lol. Oh well. You and Hurst are the only ones who can get a full 162 done (WELL), which is great, because it's so rare. Good luck, and, uh....

Enough blabbering, get back to working on the next update!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #79
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Wow, that sounds like a reaaaallly good backstory lol. Oh well. You and Hurst are the only ones who can get a full 162 done (WELL), which is great, because it's so rare. Good luck, and, uh....

Enough blabbering, get back to working on the next update!
Yeah, it will get done. It was always gonna get done -- just wasn't sure if I was going to add a 2nd "Play One - Sim Five" on, as I *would* love to have one with the Nationals, even though they aren't a secondary team of mine that I support I love what they are doing there.

But, we'll just stay with one franchise and try to progress faster. I played 6 innings of JV's start before work yesterday, finished it last night... he again got NO run support, lost a 1-0 game to Braden and the A's, throwing 8 innings of 3 hit ball for a complete game. Only run was on a blast by Reddick. He's been such a hard luck guy this year, at 1-3 so far.

Fister came right back after and pitched very solidly in Chicago, only allowing two runs (one earned) and was able to pitch with a lead the entire outing as Cabrera had an RBI single in the 1st, with Prince following up with a three-run shot (421 feet) before the Tigers had made their first out.

New acquisition Luis Ayala did give up 3 earned in his appearance to wind up giving Valverde a save opportunity, which he converted, in his first appearance in a few games after a heavy workload over the past two weeks or so. Very strange save situation, as he entered the game with a 7-2 lead, but he got the save situation as the tying run was in the on-deck circle when he came in after Ayala loaded the bases. Valverde did allow the three earned charged to Ayala to score on a bases-clearing double on his first pitch -- but he earned the final out and his eighth save.

I'd have made this into one of the "newspaper" articles, but I was just really rambling about what I remembered about last nights game, and hadn't really intended to when I started this post.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #80
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

detroitfreep.gif

Tigers to start Porcello: Showcase or Role Change?

Chicago, IL- The player in the biggest state of flux since the Tigers acquisitions of pitcher Anibal Sanchez and utility man Omar Infante from the Miami Marlins -- has without question been pitcher Rick Porcello. Porcello will start Tuesday's game in Chicago, and has some fans wondering if his role has been changed to spot starter and long reliever -- or are the Tigers showcasing him in this start for a possible move?

When the trade occurred, Sanchez's scheduled turn was in Porcello's spot, so he and fans weren't sure to think when he was sent to AAA Toledo for a start. Would he stay in the minors? Had the organization given up on him?

Manager Jim Leyland had the following to say, "This decision was never an indictment on Ricky Porcello, rather that we had a chance to acquire yet another quality pitcher, and it left us with a lot of quality arms. You can never have enough pitching in major league baseball."

Pressed on whether the Tigers were trying to trade Porcello, Leyland continued, "Dave (President and GM Dombrowski) will always listen to offers on pretty much anyone. I do not think we're actively looking to trade Rick, and I haven't been told to "showcase" anyone, and Dave and Mr. I both know that I don't manage that way, I manage to win games and try to win this division."

"Sanchez just could use an extra day's rest. He pitched strong in his normal turn right after the trade, but he has a bit of fatigue with moving his family from Miami, and the like. We're just going to give the entire rotation an extra day of rest and get Ricky some work. Don't look any more into it than that... if a deal happens down the road, it certainly won't be because I start Rick on Tuesday," Leyland continued.

Leyland finished his statement on the topic by saying, "Rick will get some spot starts at this point, and he will work in long-relief out of the bullpen. As of right now, my rotation is Justin, Fister, Maxy, Sanchez, and Javy... Vazquez has been great for us since joining the team."

The Tigers were reportedly in talks to acquire outfielder Carlos Beltran before he injured his shoulder and is now expected to miss 3 to 4 weeks, but Porcello was not rumored to be as part of the package the Tigers were proposing for the outfielder.

It still looks as if the Tigers are still actively trying to make improvements to the ballclub, so even if the Tigers aren't actively shopping Rick Porcello, don't be surprised if you hear his name in trade rumors later on this summer, as he is still only 23 years old with a lot of potential.

Let's just hope that some of that potential shows itself this Tuesday in Chicago.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 08-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »