Home

Sluggin' San Diego- A San Diego Padres MLB 12 The Show Franchise

This is a discussion on Sluggin' San Diego- A San Diego Padres MLB 12 The Show Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #65
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sluggin' San Diego- A San Diego Padres MLB 12 The Show Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I'll wait to see the lineups. I hate the Giants trade haha but way to be creative.
Also it could've been worse! Remember the braves traded saltalamachia, Elvis Andrus, neftali Feliz, and Matt harrison(among others) for Mark Texiera! All those listed(except for texiera) could actually be back together at the all star game! Texiera was only at the braves from deadline to the next deadline! He hit .295, but didn't help them reach he WS! Bumgarner is already signed for next 4 years, and was dominant in his first start(will post in a little bit)! Hope this helped make you realize it wasn't that bad! (Also the only other player the braves received was Ron Mahay, a pitcher who was like 35 at the time! We received a prospect who is 21, and with these rosters, he becomes one of best players in league! I wouldn't have had to throw in Gyroko, but I had to in order to get Panik. I would've only got a low B and C if I didn't include him. I included a mid-high B in Gyroko, and I received a very high A in Panik. I agree that irl, Gyroko is better, but in game, Panik is and he is 2 years younger.) I hope this helps you understand better!

Last edited by msuboy11; 06-15-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #66
Rookie

s0crates12's Arena

OVR: 4

Man I love the matt Joyce trade!!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #67
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0crates12
Man I love the matt Joyce trade!!
Thanks man! Loving your franchise too man! Thanks for the read, and for all your help! The other thing you made for me will make its appearance in this dynasty also!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #68
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

7/30-31/12

The Padres have finalized deals for a couple of new role players on their MLB roster. They have finalized 3 trades to do that.
In the first one, they fininshed a deal with the Red Sox. They aquire Mike Aviles, who was hitting .170 in AAA! It may not sound like that big of a deal, but he is a good hitter in MLB. They also aquired Marlon Byrd(released irl, so was just like a F potential.) He was in MLB, and he wasn't doing good there either. The Red Sox also threw in 2B Prospect Sean Coyle, who was blocked by Dustin Pedroia, and he wasn't doing anything in the minors either. The Padres gave away infielder Carlos Guillen, who was hitting about .275 in the majors as the Padres starting 2B. With the Red Sox making a playoff push, and since they included Marlon Byrd in the deal(released irl) The Padres included ultilty outfielder Chris Denorfia. He was only hitting .218 in the majors, but he is a great lefty hitter, so he is a good pinch hit/spot start canidate. Mike Aviles will help off the bench, while Byrd will start against RHP.

The second one, they aquired C/IF Brandon Inge from the Athletics. They sent the Athletics SS Beamer Weems. Inge was only hitting .241 on the MLB level. Weems is a SS prospect, who was hitting .277 on the AAA level, but he doesn't have too high of a ceiling(C potential). Inge will be the backup cather, and help in defensive substitutions as he is a great fielder!

The third one got the Cubs infielder/outfielder Blake Dewitt. He was hitting .249 on the MLB level. The Padres included C John Baker, who was hitting .280 on the AAA level. They wanted him to help develop C Geovanny Soto. Dewitt will start in RF against LHP. He will also give spot starts/pinch hitting opportunities against RHP.

Kirk Plum did these trades to help really make his MLB team better, without having to give up too much. Now, he has good options from the bench for spot starts, pinch hitting opportunites, pinch running, pinch fielding(I guess is what you call it) or just for veteran prescense in the locker room as they make a push for the playoffs!!

Here are the trade screens for these trades:
MLB 12 The Show_75.jpg
MLB 12 The Show_76.jpg
MLB 12 The Show_77.jpg

Here is the transaction screen from after these trades:
MLB 12 The Show_112.jpg
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #69
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuboy11
Also it could've been worse! Remember the braves traded saltalamachia, Elvis Andrus, neftali Feliz, and Matt harrison(among others) for Mark Texiera!
But that trade also wasn't within the division

Last edited by franch1se; 06-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #70
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
And how! Was Street doing? Cause this shows why the trade logic ain't great.

When I saw in the first screenshots that Miguel De Los Santos for Pedro Alvarez would go through, I was admittedly worried...

Does anyone really care where I sent this from?
He had an era like low-mid 3s. He had 10 saves in about as many opportunities. In his first appearance as a Giant, He gave up 2 runs in not even a full inning. In each of his next 2 apperances, he gave up an er in each! His era is low 4s now, so he hasn't done good for them yet, but he probably will!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #71
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuboy11
Fair enough! But then again, when was the last time they made a playoff push? I will post them tomorrow!
2010. Lost the division on the last game of the season.

All i ask is keep Grandal and Luebke haha

Also, not sure how much you follow the Padres IRL but Cashner is now a SP and has just been sent down to stretch his arm out. Are you planning on keeping him a RP or converting him?

Last edited by franch1se; 06-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #72
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
But that trade also wasn't within the division
Ya, but they probably still gave up more than we did!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »