Home

A Concurrent Prequel- The Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on A Concurrent Prequel- The Atlanta Braves within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 25
A Concurrent Prequel- The Atlanta Braves

Even though I am a huge Royals fan, I have been wanting to delve into the National League where it is more of a challenge. I was trying to choose between 3 teams when I realized that maybe in order to understand more about the Royals, I must go back to the organization's roots, the Atlanta Braves.

When Dayton Moore took over as Royals GM, he effectively took half of Atlanta's front office with him and many of their ideas too. Perhaps the most gleaming example of the Royals Atlanta influence is Jeff Francoeur who was once a star for the Braves before he fell out of favor after completely falling off of the table. Frenchy represented Atlanta's most prized prospect and was proclaimed, "The Natural" by Sports Illustrated.

There have also been smaller hints of Atlanta in KC, Brayan Pena, Melky Cabrera, Current Royals bench coach, Chino Cadahia who was a coordinator for the Braves, Tim Collins, Rick Ankiel and Kyle Farnsworth to name just a few all where involved with Atlanta before coming to KC.

However off of the pro stage and at facilities across the nation, Dayton Moore and his staff have enacted the Braves Player Development philosophies. And the Royals have gone as far as the draft hometown hero Bubba Starling perhaps in hope to make him their own star hybrid with Jeff Francoeur's hype and Bo Jackson's skill.

I will play every single Braves game with 30 team control so I can keep it realistic and thwart any idiotic trades or free agent signings. I will be in this for the long run and will be developing players.

I value most of the players currently on the team but I will acknowledge that there is room for improvement and we will always try to improve the ball club.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
MVP

Re: A Concurrent Prequel- The Atlanta Braves

Somehow the Atlanta Braves pulled of a walk off win after whiffing 14 times. I'll admit, the Tigers got us. They started us off with Justin Verlander then hit us with their two top pitching prospects who where on that day. Luckily for us, all of our rookie relievers where spot on and allowed only 1 run in 7 innings of work. We where definitely rusty but I'm sure we will get on the right track.

However we do have some questions about our team moving into the season and the biggest one is actually a nice little problem to have.

Who will we hand the ball to on opening day? Tommy Hanson or Tim Hudson? I love both guys' ability but its all going to depend on who pitches the best.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Last edited by royals19; 06-24-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

BREAKING NEWS: Kevin Youkilis goes on the block
Slugger goes on trading block after comments about organization, Middlebrooks.

After sitting the 1st game of Spring Training while rookie third baseman Will Middlebrooks made his big league debut, Kevin Youkilis had a few things to say about the Red Sox. "You know this is typically when you send your veterans and proven big leaguers out for the 1st part of the game. This isn't a time to send out rookies unless they are breaking camp with the MLB squad. I guess Bobby and Cherington forgot about me. I guess they forgot what I've done here for about 8 years and I guess it looks like they forgot that about that ring I brought here. I show up every **** day and do my work while Bobby V. and cherington sit on their ***** and write lineup cards and shoot the breeze." Ranted Youkilis. "Theo would have never let this happen and its a **** shame that our organization forced him out." With Youkilis fired up, reporters asked him about Rookie Will Middlebrooks. "That kid does nothing all offseason, shows up to camp and what do you know? He's starting at 3rd base. I'm in the weight room for about 6 hours a day. I don't see him there at all." Ranted Youkilis. "I guess what I learned is that hard work gets you no where here but maybe it will elsewhere."

When reached for comment, the organization said that "It will be dealt with privately and internally." However Will Middlebrooks had a one liner for the Youk. "Sorry bro. You mad?"

Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

What happened to your Royals franchise?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by princealbert
What happened to your Royals franchise?
I am still going with that one but I wanted to do a Braves franchise as well. I'm not getting rid of that one. Waaaaaaaay to much work put in to back out now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
MVP

Once again, the Braves found a way to win again as the offense was horrendous. The Braves whiffed a grand total of 15 times and the pitching was a little shaky.

Top Prospect Julio Teheran struggled allowing 2 earned runs which hurt us pretty bad.

The Astros once again just kept pulling top pitching prospects out of nowhere to face us.

Jason Heyward had an awesome game going 3-3 with a home run.

As for the Ace Battle, Tommy Hanson struck out 3 and allowed one earned run. Right now Hudson and Hanson are tied.

Another position battle is now on the Horizon.

Last edited by royals19; 06-26-2012 at 11:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »