Home

Sunrise In San Diego

This is a discussion on Sunrise In San Diego within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sunrise In San Diego

After really a mediocre performance, we went to Washington, the home of one of baseball's best pitching staffs. Who would we face today? Gio Gonzalez. Crap. Another guy with a nasty breaking pitch.

We would get on Gio early and tag him for 4 runs in the first and Clayton Richard was solid for most of the game. But before we get to that, lets take a look at Bryce Harper the phenom, folks.

Yep, this is the first overall pick that you have all come to know and love. He missed a ball hit by Yonder Alonso and crashed into the wall. Clown....

Alright back to Clayton Richard. The nam fool really ticked me off this game. We gave him a four run lead, he takes a no-no into the fifth then just falls apart. Allowing 2 runs here, 2 runs there and another run. So after battling back to 7, we made a run to win this thing and it completly blew up in our faces as Joe Thatcher let Danny "Bossman" Espinosia hit a walk off grand slam!

Dang Nabbit.... I have pitchers in AA who can win us that game! These kind of loses P*** me off the most. The ones where our horrible offense rakes and our usually strong pitching blows chunks...

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey i love what youre doing with the Pads i have a franchise with them as well, so keep it up! love to see what you do with the team.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehbest13
Hey i love what youre doing with the Pads i have a franchise with them as well, so keep it up! love to see what you do with the team.

Thanks dude! Really appreciate it! By the time I'm finished with the Pads they will be a classic dynasty almost like the Yankees or Red Sox.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #76
MVP

PADRES TOP PROSPECTS

1. Lucas Giolito- RHP

2. Byron Buxton- CF

3. Max Fried- LHP

4. Jedd Gyorko- 3B

5. Rhymer Liriano- OF

6. Casey Kelly- RHP

***Disregard above video***
7. Yasmani Grandal- C

8. Cory Spangenberg

9. Walter Weickel

10. Zach Eflin

Overall, we have a few very good arms and a few very good position prospects. The top 3 players on this list are high risk, high reward. We have a lot of really talented arms and a few impact bats but to get the key pieces we need, we will probably have to trade for them. We are trying to build a team much like the Braves and Phillies. A team with All Star Caliber arms backed by solid offense.

Last edited by royals19; 07-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #77
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

I can't take you seriously if you have Giolito over Buxton, LOL.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
I can't take you seriously if you have Giolito over Buxton, LOL.

It was a tough choice. Giolito has ace potential and not many organizations can say that they have that. Giolito has "plus" everything and Buxton is the same way. Both are game changers.

Scouts have said that he has the mind of Roy Halladay but the power of Justin Verlander and who did Byron Buxton compare himself to? Justin Upton.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #79
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
It was a tough choice. Giolito has ace potential and not many organizations can say that they have that. Giolito has "plus" everything and Buxton is the same way. Both are game changers.

Scouts have said that he has the mind of Roy Halladay but the power of Justin Verlander and who did Byron Buxton compare himself to? Justin Upton.
I think scouts' comps are better than his own, haha. Not quite Verlander power. Alas, they're both great, and should be great for you.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
I think scouts' comps are better than his own, haha. Not quite Verlander power. Alas, they're both great, and should be great for you.

You got me there! Yep should be very special guys for the Padres... if we can afford to keep them....

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »