Home

Sunrise In San Diego

This is a discussion on Sunrise In San Diego within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 25
Sunrise In San Diego

With my Atlanta Braves franchise kind of dead and Scott's rosters on the horizon, I've decided to start over. I've always wanted to play with the Padres, I like the organization and what it has to offer plus I don't have to deal with all the other drama in the other divisions. I like how its just beginning its rebuilding project and I have the opportunity to take the project and make it my own. I plan on playing 1 game each 5 days so I can keep the stats down and enjoy it more while I control it from a front office standpoint.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Last edited by royals19; 07-12-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Sunrise In San Diego

Rosters- Scott's ZiPS
Sliders-
Hitting- Hall Of Fame
Pitching- Hall Of Fame
*30 team Control
2011 was a miserable year for the Padres. They scored 72 runs fewer than last year, more than likely because they dealt Adrian Gonzalez for a boat load of prospects to the Red Sox. However they did acquire future star Cameron Maybin from the Marlins at a small cost. There where a few bright spots, Heath Bell was good, Matt Latos was OK and Mike Adams was great. Not to mention Anthony Rizzo made his MLB debut. The Padres would finish the year at 71-91 which was good enough for last place.

Fast forward to 2012. Heath Bell went to play with the new look Marlins, Matt Latos was dealt to the Reds in the off season for a multitude of prospects to the Reds, Anthony Rizzo once again was dealt to the NL Red Sox aka Cubs and Matt Adams was sent to the Rangers at the trade deadline. Coming into the season, the Padres looked to turn this ship around before they became the Astros of the NL West. And it started with a changing of the torch....

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Last edited by royals19; 08-03-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
MVP

FLASHBACK- LAST GAME OF THE 2011 SEASON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Byrnes
George, its a pleasure to have you on board with the Organization we look forward to you helping us with scouting and development. What did you say your title was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by George McGovern
I'm currently a Special Assistant to the GM.

Later in Byrnes office

Quote:
Something fishy is going on here, I didn't hire this guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hinch
Maybe the ownership hired him to keep tabs on us here. Or Maybe he's out to get your job!
Quote:
This isn't time for jack legging around AJ, ownership is really starting to get on my nerves. What are they so worried about?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
MVP

FLASHBACK- January
Chairman John Moores office:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moores
Yes Trudy, inform George we are making the changes soon.
Josh Brynes enters.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brynes
I came to talk with you about a certain employee and I think you know who I'm talking about
Quote:
Look, ownership is extremely ticked about your Matt Latos deal and they are worried about you dealing too many of our assets.
Quote:
We had to pull something off! Latos was going to cause us some major pains financially.
Quote:
Look, it took us years to develop this guy. We invested so much time and effort into him that it was a slap in the face when you sent him away.
Quote:
I didn't come here to argue! I came here to tell you that I got a job offer from the Twins to be their new GM. Looks like I'm taking that job then!
Quote:
Very well then...
Moores tells Trudy to send him in. George McGovern enters the office.

Quote:
Well George looks like your in charge now. Josh, meet the new President of Baseball Operations for the San Diego Padres.
Brynes stood there for a minute, at a loss for words.

Quote:
You will have my resignation before Spring Training.

Later that afternoon....

Quote:
This is truly an honor to be able to hold the title of President of Baseball Operations for the San Diego Padres. I will guarantee you that I will bring a World Series to you, the fans I won't let you down.

Last edited by royals19; 07-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
MVP

Before we continue on we must introduce this new "George McGovern" fellow.

Now George was born and raised on a tea plant plantation in the state of Georgia. His parents owned a beautiful plantation and wanted him to take it over someday, However, George took no interest in teas. He focused everything on Baseball. He would play with the neighborhood kids in a beautiful field his father had built in the backyard of their home in hopes that George wouldn't be able to resist the allure.

His father guessed right and George was out there everyday either playing with his friends or just looking at the field. When George reached high school, Scouts from all over flocked to see his golden left handed arm pitch fastballs and snap off curveballs. George was the ultimate machine. He was Drafted 1st overall by the Kansas City Athletics in the 1965 draft.

McGovern needless to say, threw 1 minor league inning before joining the Athletics. He dominated posting 400 strikeouts and a 40-1 record in his rookie year but apparently that wasn't good enough for the Cy Young as some punk named Sandy Koufax won it.

McGovern threw for about another 46 years posting over 90,000 innings in his career as well as posting 900 saves. However, he retired after 2011 because he wanted to run the show not be a part of it. "I made my bank, now its time to go home drive my Maybach. And maybe a scout will notice. " McGovern was quoted as saying in his thick southern accent.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
MVP

It was a dark and stormy night. Two 1st round draft picks ate one last meal together before departing for their respective organizations. One was a tall lanky lefty with a killer curve and the other was a 6'6 flamethrower. Both had been best friends in High School and had formed one of the most anticipated duos since that duo down in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Fried
Well Lucas have you decided?
Lucas and Max both had scholorships to UCLA. Fried turned his down to play for the Padres but Lucas was still undecided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Giolito
I don't know. I know I should've gone higher in the Draft...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Fried
Well Lucas, good luck with whatever you decide. I wish you the best of luck in your career.
Fried shakes Lucas' hand and leaves.

However, Lucas had made his choice and he had a plan....

Last edited by royals19; 07-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
MVP

The Office of John Moores
The search for a GM PART 1

Quote:
Hello George, I trust your enjoying your new position?
Quote:
Its nice. Kinda hard to adjust being on this side of the field!
Quote:
Lets get down to business. Since Josh Byrnes is now the GM of the Minnesota Twins and took just about all of our staff with him so I need you to find a few replacements. I've asked around and gotten you a list of potential candidates. Interview the ones you are interested in
McGovern gazed over the list and noticed a few massive gaping holes.

General Manager
Vice President of Player Development
Vice President of Scouting
Assistant General Manager
Vice President of International Scouting
Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations

McGovern smiles and the gears in his brain start turning.

Quote:
What's my budget Johnny?
Quote:
You have a blank check Mr. McGovern.

Last edited by royals19; 07-06-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
MVP

Conference Room A
The search for a GM PART 2

On a stormy day in February, George McGovern sat with the remnants of the old regime in a Padres Conference Room. Among those left were:

AJ Hinch
-Vice President of Baseball Ops and Assistant GM

Jaron Madison-Scouting Director
Sam Ray- Assistant Scouting Director

While a massive exodus of Padres front office personnel flocked to Minnesota, a few faithful remained. Among them were clubhouse personal and a hand full of scouts who had decided to remain with the Organization. All in All, the Padres Baseball Operations department had gone from around 100+ to just around 20.

Quote:
As I'm sure you've noticed, you are all that remains from the previous regime. Everyone here has had to step up in some capacity. Mr. Hinch I have been conducting the duties of all the Vice Presidents and a few of the directors in the previous days. However...
McGovern held up his blank check

Quote:
Ownership has granted me a blank check to hire the best scouts, Vice Presidents and personnel in baseball. And I can assure you that you will be rewarded for your loyalty to the Organization. So everyone in this room, you can go ahead and add about a 10% increase to your monthly paycheck.
The Room applauded.

Quote:
Now back to business. Our organization has a few gaping holes and I wanted to take this time to assure you that we will get through this. Even with the recent struggles with the ownership, we will not let that hinder us.
Back in McGovern's office at 10:00 PM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Thank you for allowing me to come in for my interview at this hour. It would have been a massive PR scandal if people knew I was going for this job.
Quote:
No problem kid. I usually stay at the office Monday through Wednesday. Would you like a cup of tea?
McGovern poured both of them a cup of tea. His work illuminated by the lightning strikes.

Quote:
Lets hear your pitch..
Quote:
I trust you'll find everything is in order in my resume. I considered myself highly qualified for this position.
The man threw his resume in a manila envelope on the desk.

Quote:
Yes, you ain't kiddin' when you said you was qualified! You are now at the top of our list for this job. We will interview a few more candidates but if you want it, the job is yours.
Quote:
Thank you Mr. McGovern. I have to ask my family how they feel about this and I let you know in a couple days.
They shook hands and the man walked out of McGovern's office then paused.

Quote:
Let's keep this under wraps until I give you the nod.
Quote:
Keep what under wraps?
The man walked out of the building with McGovern chasing after him yelling "what do you want me to keep under wraps!?!?!" The man disappeared into the sheets of ran. Without one word. McGovern stood there in his white suit and fedora and uttered the words: "Cheeky Blighter".

Last edited by royals19; 07-06-2012 at 06:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »