Home

Holdin' Onto Hope Part 2: Cranes, Trains, and Auto-Explosions (The Show 12)

This is a discussion on Holdin' Onto Hope Part 2: Cranes, Trains, and Auto-Explosions (The Show 12) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #65
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Holdin' Onto Hope Part 2: Cranes, Trains, and Auto-Explosions (The Show 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
This season I will be, last year I didn't. Hopefully I actually have more than one representative (but that's doubtful.)
Justin "I swear, I've never talked to Melky Cabrera in my life" Maxwell?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #66
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Justin "I swear, I've never talked to Melky Cabrera in my life" Maxwell?
It's possible, but unlikely since he is hitting in the low .200s with power. He does have 9 HR, which leads my god forsaken team. But that doesn't mean much lol.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say Bud gets the nod for me. Leading the league in ERA and all.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #67
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
It's possible, but unlikely since he is hitting in the low .200s with power. He does have 9 HR, which leads my god forsaken team. But that doesn't mean much lol.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say Bud gets the nod for me. Leading the league in ERA and all.
You REALLY need to make a trade lol... Power option..
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #68
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
You REALLY need to make a trade lol... Power option..
You're telling me...I know that, let's take this to the trade discussion forums lol or PMs. Cuz I agree, I just don't know where I should look.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #69
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
You're telling me...I know that, let's take this to the trade discussion forums lol or PMs. Cuz I agree, I just don't know where I should look.
Agreed. I'll look through it, but I have some ideas...
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Before we can get to the most fun series of baseball I've ever witnessed/played on The Show. We have some house keeping to get to in terms of how we got there. After losing 2 of 3 in Milwaukee, we took 2 of 3 from St Louis behind yet another strong performance from Bud Norris and a strong bullpen effort. We head home to face the Dodgers and there is a noteworthy item that came up after the end of the last roadtrip. Lucas "Milk Carton" Harrell was featuring the worst ERA in all of baseball of pitchers who'd made 10 or more starts with a 8.79 after two outings in which he allowed 10+ earned runs. So, the club optioned him to go visit Jordan in AAA and purchased the contract of Mike Foltynewicz to pitch in his place. And boy oh boy would it be a good time for that, primetime debut against the Dodgers!

We're slowly climbing back to .500, anything we can do would be helpful. Folty come on down!

He's a big, strong kid with a live fastball and a wicked hook...be aware that he is here to stay this season. Folty will be finishing the season with the big club, unless a horrible injury happens (things I don't even want to mention, think about, or discuss further.) He faces this Dodger lineup

Pretty decent on paper honestly, Gwynn Jr. is the biggest surprise to me. Since when is he an above average offensive player? Does he know Melky Cabrera...

Folty would oppose Jonathan "Dirty" Sanchez who we hate with a fiery passion after the way he manhandled us the last time we saw him.

His numbers have tailed off slightly since the last time we saw him, but he is nothing to be taken lightly. Except we took him lightly.

Folty pitched well, allowing 2 runs on 9 hits over 6 innings but Sanchez was just better...as you can see there.

Overall, a lot to build on for the rook and a good game to have him around for. Sanchez owns us and the next time we meet...I'll be throwing at his head to attempt and injure him
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #71
MVP

You gonna pull a good ol' fashioned Matt Kemp on him?

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #72
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Alright here we go guys...the series you've all been looking forward to. Us against the Detroit Tigers. Detroit sits atop the AL Central and look particularly strong this season with their 2 headed monster in both the batting order (Fielder & Cabrera) but the rotation as well (Hamels & Verlander.) And we've got, well we have an outfielder who probably is using PEDs and a pitcher who's dominant, but that's about it.

Game one of this series features a game that the baseball gods can only dream about. Bud Norris (6-2, 1.91 ERA) vs Justin Verlander (6-4, 2.81 ERA) aces galore here at Comerica Park. Without further ado, here we go!

Ahh, what a beautiful night for baseball if I do say so myself! And at lovely Comerica Park as well? What was that? Homer you said? Why I'd never?!?! Anyways, onto part one of the best game ever (as per ESPN of course.)

Take a look at the reigning MVP/Cy Young winner, looking good again this season. But we would get to him early in this game, with a two-spot in the first inning. Suck on that! No perfect club today Justin.

Then Bud would take the mound.

Now THOSE are some numbers. JV's are nice, Bud's are ridiculous...JA Happ errr I mean, Sergei Nikolav esque. Damned Russian spy screwing up my awesome reference. Regardless of my references, Bud pitched well in the first and second innings and ran into a brick wall in the 3rd. And by that, I mean he ran into an injury which forced him to be removed from the game! Which was not good for us, we had to turn to Wilton Lopez of all people to handle the rest of the game. Thankfully we'd get 1 more of JV and knock him out after the 6th inning. And the pen was spectacular for us! Check out the midgame update with us leading 3-1

Lopez gave 3 spotless innings, and Cruz/Rodriguez/Jepsen/Escalona each gave a scoreless frame to get us through the game just fine.

Thankfully after the game, we found out that Bud's injury is a minor one and that he will be able to make his next start. Phew!

We'd take game two behind a strong outing from Kyle Weiland who got the no decision. However, he outpitched Cole Hamels...which is an achievement in and of itself. That sets up the game we didn't know was coming, that's an even bigger story! The return of Jeremy Bonderman to Detroit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »