Home

Sunrise in San Diego- Revenge of the Ownership

This is a discussion on Sunrise in San Diego- Revenge of the Ownership within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sunrise in San Diego- Revenge of the Ownership

Deep within the bowels of PETCO Park, newly minted General Manager Damon Oppenheimer sits with Theo Epstein and his fellow staff members to discuss the impending offseason. This offseason will be different from the previous years.

Theo steps up to the Podium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Epstein
Gentlemen, I would like to congratulate us on winning the World Series but instead of bsing about the season we have some serious issues that we will be need to attend to.

As you may be aware, John is selling the Padres to a new ownership group. One that is looking to cut payroll.

I have been in preliminary talks with them and here's what they want us to do.

Trade Cliff Lee, Hunter Pence, Huston Street, Carlos Quentin, Doug Fister, Anibal Sanchez, Chase Headley and Joe Wieland.

They want all of them traded by the offseason.

Now as much as it pains me to say that, we have no choice but to comply unless we want to loose our jobs and credibility. This group has friends in high places and appears to be a little sketchy.

We have a meeting at the Town Hall tomorrow where the Judge will transfer the Padres from John to Group XYZ. I expect to see everyone there tomorrow.

Does anyone else have anything to say?
The group looked defeated but most of all angry beyond belief. The old VP of scouting, Art Stewart remained the most composed and slowly walked his way to the podium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Stewart
Gentlemen, I can't think of a better time for a miracle.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 10-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #218
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Does anyone really care where I sent this from?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #219
MVP

It was a beautiful day in San Diego. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the breeze was blowing but something felt out of place. Something big was brewing. The San Diego Padres were being sold to Wal-Mart. The pearl of the National League was about to become baseball's next laughing stock. Wal-Mart didn't care about the team, it cared about its ability to market and sell goods through the Padres.

Theo Epstein and Damon Oppenheimer met with the players in the clubhouse earlier in the day informing them that there was an ownership change occurring and that some big moves were going to happen. The players felt betrayed and downright cheated. Theo and Damon left after the players told them that they would protest it and would refuse to play for the new ownership.

On the way to the courthouse, Theo gazed dismally out the window of the limousine. The team he had assembled was now mutinous and was on the verge of collapse, the dynasty that he was building would be in shambles and would never recover.

He reached into his briefcase and pulled out a packet of papers which at the top read "Resignation Papers". Theo flipped to the back of the paper and signed his name on one of the blanks then passed it to John Schuerholz who passed it to J.J. Picollo who passed it to Art Stewart who passed it to Joe Torre who passed it to Damon Oppenheimer who then passed it back to Theo. He looked at the signatures and swallowed the lump in his throat and but them back in the briefcase trying to hide his tears.

12:00
It was high noon. The Padres Baseball Operations staff sat dismally in their row planning to turn in their resignation as soon as the deal was signed. Despite the dullness of the situation, the room was beautiful, a painting covered the ceiling and everyone unaware of what was going on seemed to be in a good mood. After John Moores passing, he allowed his Lawyer to sign his name for him on the transfer documents. Then, the three Waltons stepped forward and sat at a table at the front of the room. The Cameras clicked and the reporters wrote furiously on their stucco pads. The Waltons each signed the transfer document and then shook each others hands and handed it to the judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
The Walton Family has agreed to pay the amount of 800 Million Dollars in exchange for the ownership of the San Diego Padres. Is their anyone that wishes to object to this ruling?
The Baseball Ops boys thought about standing up and professing their true feelings but restrained. They all loosened their ties and tugged on their collars as they sweat buckets.

The brief moment the judge paused seemed like a lifetime. He gently grabbed his gavel in what seemed like slow motion then brought it up to hit his desk.

Theo sat and whispered down the row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
This is it boys. It's been an honor to serve with you.
The judge then brought his gavel down extremely hard. Then, 1 inch away from concluding the sale, the door flung open. A party of 3 men walked in and everyone froze. The intense sunlight shinning into the Courthouse concealed the objectors.

Everyone in the courthouse shielded their eyes trying to make sense of what was happening.

Suddenly a voice boomed out of the light,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Hold it right there! We would like to purchase the San Diego Padres for 1 Billion Dollars!

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Last edited by royals19; 10-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #220
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6

Gaaaaaaah! Who is it!?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #221
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank is the Tank
Gaaaaaaah! Who is it!?
You'll find out soon enough!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #222
MVP

To follow the Padres even more, check out next season's blog!

Sunrise in San Diego- The Padre Way

Thanks for following everyone!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »