Home

Sunrise in San Diego- All In

This is a discussion on Sunrise in San Diego- All In within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sunrise in San Diego- All In

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
  • This may come as a shocker but we toyed with the idea of trading Tommy Hanson, Chase Headley, and Wil Myers+ for Manny Machado and Dylan Bundy+. Hanson's won 20 games in each of his past 2 seasons, Headley had a massive breakout year and Myers seems to be on the rise. The deal could still happen but it's hard to see us give up Headley because of his breakthrough season last year. Also not to mention the fact that Mike Olt is beginning to breakout. We definitely have the pieces to make it happen but we're a little hesitant.
I would love to see these 2 in Padre blue! Bundy is my favorite pitching prospect (even though he's with a rival) and Muchado is a nice 3B. Ellsy would be AWESOME to have as a 1 year option. He's 33 right? My vote is for Muchado and Bundy though...

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyornot0407
I would love to see these 2 in Padre blue! Bundy is my favorite pitching prospect (even though he's with a rival) and Muchado is a nice 3B. Ellsy would be AWESOME to have as a 1 year option. He's 33 right? My vote is for Muchado and Bundy though...
A.)Yeah I've always really liked Bundy. He should've been a Royal but the fricken Mariners screwed it up and drafted Hultzen. I've followed Machado after he got drafted. He's really, really going to be special. I watched him terrorize my Royals everytime the Os played 'em. ESPN actually wrote a nice article about him not to long ago.

B.)You are correct sir, he is 33 years of age.

C.)We're still sifting through all of our options as of now. We may decided to pull the trigger on both despite the fact that it would severely hamper the farm system lol. As of now, I couldn't really give you a straight answer if we were to do either one.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Ah. Go for Peter Bourjos. Should be cheap. Great speed, can cover CF for you guys. OB% would be good for you guys and can leadoff. Always see you guys in the lower part of SB's. Get him and I'm sure he can help that while helping to produce runs. Hell then rather then letting him go after 12-18 months, keep him as a 4th OF.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxxerx
Ah. Go for Peter Bourjos. Should be cheap. Great speed, can cover CF for you guys. OB% would be good for you guys and can leadoff. Always see you guys in the lower part of SB's. Get him and I'm sure he can help that while helping to produce runs. Hell then rather then letting him go after 12-18 months, keep him as a 4th OF.
I think Bourjos is definitely an option at this point. I mean, the speed, defense and especially the leadoff capabilities are all there. I suppose if you really wanted to narrow it down, be between Rasmus and Bourjos. To narrow it down even further, we have two needs to fill and it boils down to which one is more important. Do we need a left handed bat to protect Mike Stanton? Or do we need a leadoff hitter who will give us spectacular defense? I mean both players have their flaws. There isn't just one right answer for this situation.

If you look at last season, I think it really hurt us in the fact that we didn't have a lefthanded bat present in the middle of the order and it also hurt that we didn't have a leadoff hitter to generate runs.

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place basically. We trade for Bourjos and Yonder Alonso suddenly has to become a number 3 hitter which is hard for us to see his production carrying over to that slot. You trade for Rasmus and Chase Headley or Spangenberg/ Lindor have to become the leadoff guy.

I just don't have a clear answer at this point. It is really a tough decision.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Spangeberg actually makes a lot of sense as a leadoff guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Spangeberg actually makes a lot of sense as a leadoff guy.
Keep in mind, he's also competing with Didi Gregorius and Francisco Lindor for the second base spot. I'm probably crazy but I prefer Spangenberg over the two because he has a more balanced skill set. Lindor and Gregorius may have two plus tools while the others lag behind but with Spang I feel as though we're getting a more balanced package.

So essentially, all of that equates to the fact that the second base job is Spangy's to loose.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #23
MVP

THE OFFSEASON- PART 5

Theo Epstein, Billy Beane and David Oppenheimer sat at the club's spring training facility. It was January and despite the fact that the club's main facilities are in San Diego where it's always nice, this is essentially the last bastion of the Padres front office. The offices in San Diego where undergoing major security renovations after it was discovered they were tapped, bugged and it was found that there were camaras everywhere and by everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE.

Today, the boys were drawing up strategies, assigning minor leaguers to clubs and most importantly to our story, figuring out who was going to be the next centerfielder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
Alright so it's settled then, we'll go after Bourjos. We'll play him until Buxton, Gose or Liriano are ready. After that we'll deal him or use him of the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schierholtz
Honestly Theo, prefer Rasmus over Bourjos. Rasmus has a 5 tool mix that we just can't afford to pass up at this point.
Quote:
Look John, we're not trying to find a franchise player. We just need someone to hold down the fort for a little while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schierholtz
Alright, but I'm saying we may regret this Theo. Guys like him just don't come around like they used to.
Quote:
I respect that John but I'm going to stand by Billy and go with Bourjos.
Theo dialed the Angels' Jerry Dipoto and put it one speaker phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Yello?
Quote:
Hey Jerry it's Theo we're interested in one of your outfielders.
Quote:
Damnit Theo, I'm tired out getting calls about Trout. We arn't trading him. Your like the 5th guy today.
Quote:
We don't want your garbage. We want Peter Bourjos.
Quote:
.... I'm listening.
Quote:
We'll offer up, Jason Adam, Kevin Chapman and Delino DeShields.
Quote:
Your giving up some damn good players you know that right?
Quote:
Yeah we know but we're in win now mode. We need to find the missing piece to the puzzle here.
Quote:
Alright but I just don't understand why your doing this trade.
Quote:
I just told you, Bourjos is the missing piece to the puzzle.
Quote:
No, you guys already have a centerfielder.
Quote:
Look, Jerry, Buxton and Gose arn't ready. We don't have anybody to take over...
Quote:
No,no, no... That guy you just got today... Uhh what's his name?
Theo looks at the guys sitting around the table with a bewildered look.

Quote:
Hey Jerry, uhhh... we'll have to call you back. No deal today man.
Quote:
Alright Theo, take care.
Theo hangs up the phone and turns on the projector.

Quote:
Oppy, pull up ESPN.
Oppenheimer pulls up ESPN and there it is on the first page in a glaring headline....

PADRES ACQUIRE.....

Theo reads the headline and suddenly his wonderment turns into fury. As he growls the now famous phrase:

Quote:
MCGOVERN!!!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #24
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Damnit, Theo had a good point.

But epic cliffhanger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »