Home

It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13]

This is a discussion on It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13] within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13]

You guys can now post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
Rookie

Bubba_Zanetti's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll definately be following because I want to see where you're going with this. After playing with the Rays the last few years, I've decided to head back to the NL East. After watching that S.O.B. Loria kill my Expos, my storyline revolves around exacting revenge: he won't kill another franchise. So I'm buying the Marlins and installing myself as GM.

I played my first game last night and I have no idea where to start with this debacle. Two things to do: sign Stanton longterm and improve scouting.

Montreal Canadiens - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay Rays - West Ham United - Montreal Impact - Jeff Gordon

Last edited by Bubba_Zanetti; 03-06-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Loved your Mets dynasty and will definitely be following this one as well!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Zanetti
I'll definately be following because I want to see where you're going with this. After playing with the Rays the last few years, I've decided to head back to the NL East. After watching that S.O.B. Loria kill my Expos, my storyline resolves around exacting revenge: he won't kill another franchise. So I'm buying the Marlins and installing myself as GM.

I played my first game last night and I have no idea where to start with this debacle. Two things to do: sign Stanton longterm and improve scouting.
Thanks, this should be a perfect team to play with for me. I will also be doing the storyline of Loria stepping down as the owner, and my guy becoming the head guy. He's a sad case for baseball, and they need to remove him ASAP in real life. I don't currently have the game yet, but I'll be getting it this week, so I still have to test out some things. Thanks for the comment and thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Loved your Mets dynasty and will definitely be following this one as well!!!
Thanks, for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my Mets dynasty. It was a lot of fun doing my Mets dynasty, but since I decided to buy MLB 13, I decided to make a Marlins dynasty. This should be even more of a challenge as the Mets. Thanks for comment and thanks for following!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria Stepped Down, New Era In Miami

Loria resigned today, leaving the Marlins in Josh Rudd's hands.

Speculation about who will take the fall for the Miami Marlins’ disappointing season is focusing squarely on Larry Beinfest, the club’s long-time president of baseball operations and GM. However, there was some surprised when it was announced that long-time owner Jeffrey Loria will be stepping down too.

Loria was first a GM for the Montreal Expos, in 1999. One of Loria's first acts was to reiterate demands for a new park for the Expos to replace Olympic Stadium, of which he bluntly said, "We cannot stay here." He lost a considerable amount of goodwill with Expos fans when the team was not able to reach an agreement for television and English-speaking radio coverage during the 2000 season, as the Expos tried to increase their revenue from broadcast rights. He also sought more public funding for a planned downtown ballpark, Labatt Park. However, the provincial and municipal governments balked at committing more money to the project. In 2002, as part of an orchestrated move with Bud Selig and then-Marlins owner John W. Henry, Loria sold the Expos to "Expos Baseball, LP," a partnership of the other 29 major league clubs, for $120 million. In effect, the Expos were sold to the commissioner's office. Henry then sold the Marlins to Loria for $158.5 million, including a $38.5 million no-interest loan from MLB.

In 2003, in Loria's first year as a Marlin's owner, the Marlins won their second World Series. However, Loria stayed in controversial when he decided to build his new stadium for the Marlins. The franchise, which previously paid rent at Sun Life Stadium, had been trying for years to finance a new retractable roof ballpark. The City of Miami and Miami-Dade County both voted to approve construction of a new baseball stadium for the Marlins. It is located in the area formerly occupied by the Miami Orange Bowl football stadium. Construction was completed by opening day 2012. Before the stadium deal was in place, Loria shed star players to pare down payroll to among baseball's lowest in 2005, and was given permission to explore options for relocating. The team then worked with the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County, in a public/private partnership, to build the 37,000 seat ballpark. After a disaster 2012 season and low attendance, the Marlins committed a twelve-player trade between the Toronto Blue Jays for which local and national sportswriters and Marlins fans questioned the motive of Loria's intentions of building a successful franchise and demanding Miami taxpayers' dollars to pay for most of the ballpark's construction and maintenance.

Today, Loria stepped down from the position of owner as the Marlins, and some reports even showed the Commissioner Bud Selig forced him to. However, since Selig owned the Marlins after Loria resigned, he got to pick to new owner for the team, while not having to pay any money back to Jeffrey Loria. Selig picked former Major Leaguer Josh Rudd to become to new owner for the Marlins. Rudd played baseball at Stanford University, quickly becoming one of the best starting pitchers in the nation, and then getting drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers (11th overall) in the 1999 MLB draft. However, after a few unsuccessful years in the minors, and multiple arm injuries, Rudd hung up his gear before the 2003 season never making the big leagues. Rudd (34 years old) will become the youngest owner in MLB history. When we asked Rudd about his new job today, he said "I'm glad I got another opportunity to come back to the MLB. However, this we be a different career, and I will have to face new challenges. As for the Marlins, we will be headed in a full rebuilding direction, as Loria guilt most of the MLB roster this past year. I will have a players and coaching meeting tomorrow, to see where we stand right now. No one's job is safe, as of right now." Rudd also hired former Stanford teammate Andrew Dewitt as his new GM for the team. Dewitt was drafted in the 1998 MLB draft by the Colorado Rockies (21st overall), and pitched 5 years in the Majors before hanging it up. Dewitt has had some experience as a scout for the Rockies for a few years It should be interesting to see how the Marlins do now with new management and a new era underway.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26

Following...

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
Rookie

bradchadford's Arena

OVR: 3

I just bought The Show last night, I'll be eagerly following your thread. I think there will be quite a few Miami Marlins dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyornot0407
Following...
Thanks Readyornot, I'm glad to have you along. It should be an interesting ride with this team. They have a lot of potential, but they still have a lot of holes to fill. Also, I can't wait until your MLB 13 dynasty. Thanks for following and thanks for the comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchadford
I just bought The Show last night, I'll be eagerly following your thread. I think there will be quite a few Miami Marlins dynasties.
Thanks for following. I hope you enjoy this dynasty, as this team isn't in great shape so far this year. As the looks of it, I think there's already a lot of Miami dynasties and there is probably more to come. Thanks for following and thanks for the comment!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »