Home

The Life and Times of Steve Hattaway: MLB13 RttS

This is a discussion on The Life and Times of Steve Hattaway: MLB13 RttS within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
The Life and Times of Steve Hattaway: MLB13 RttS

The Life and Times of Steve Hattaway
or: From a Diamond Dynasty to the Show
__________________________________________________ _____________

A RttS Career for MLB the Show 13

Prologue

I've done a number of dynasties before, but I have never done a Road to the Show career. I don't know why that is... perhaps I don't like to use my real life likeness and I don't know how people would care about following somebody completely random. This year however, I thought I might give it a go for no other reason than I don't want to take time with another dynasty.

The person that I have created isn't entirely random. He was once just a piece of stock paper believe it or not. Last year, I was running my Diamond Dynasty when
I had enough credits to buy a new pack. When my lease on Andre Ethier expired, I activated a card with a random everything. The guy wasn't anything real special, but I started thinking about him recently when playing here in the new year because he was one of the few that I didn't edit into a current, former, future, or fictional ballplayer. He just kind of died on MLB the Show 12, and that's not fair for a guy that was a great left handed bench bat and a man who mashed two homers in a game (which was huge considering that I maybe hit five homers all time in Diamond Dynasty last year).

I bought that card and activated it last year, and with nine games left on his contract that will never be played... that's not really fair to him. Therefore sprouting from my mind as Athena from Zeus, he's going to get a new chance and have the possibility to become more than just a footnote on the back of a Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum pack.
__________________________________________________ ______________

What Wikipedia Says

Stephen Humbert Hattaway (November 29th, 1991) is a professional baseball player who currently plays Right Field for the Texas League Midland Rockhounds, a minor league affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. Hattaway is the youngest of five children of Stephen and Serena Hattaway and was born in Naples, Italy while his father was serving in the Navy.

Growing up in many parts of the United States and the world, Hattaway would play baseball in Oxnard, California during his High School years at Channel Islands High School. Drafted out of High School by the Houston Astros, Hattaway opted instead to attend school at California-Los Angeles. In 2012, the Oakland Athletics chose Hattaway in the third round and Hattaway signed, moving to Midland.

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 03-10-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Re: The Life and Times of Steve Hattaway: MLB13 RttS

Stephen Humbert Hattaway
Born: Naples, Italy Hometown: Oxnard, California Heigth: 6'4" Weight: 205
Position: Right Field/Outfield Bats: Left Throws: Left Drafted: Third Round by the Oakland Athletics

Code:
Year |Age |Team | G | AB | AVG | H | R | 2B | 3B | HR | RBI| SB | CS | BB | SO | SLG | OBP | OPS| TB| HBP | A | PO | E | FIELD
Awards and Achievements

Contract Information

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 03-12-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Reserved for more info

Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Nice write up. I'll be following.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'll definitely be following as well. I'm liking the growing number of RTTS threads that are active and starting new. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Rockhounds Split Arkansas Trip to Start Season
The Rockhounds barely escape out of Fayetteville; take series in Little Rock to start the season at 3-3

Little Rock, AR- The Midland Rockhounds had a mixed bag this weekend as they went .500 against the Arkansas leg of the Texas Circuit. The Hounds went 3-4, 2-5, 7-6 against the Northern Arkansas Naturals, while winning two out of three in Little Rock 5-2, 2-1, 7-2 against the Travelers...

Steve Hattaway, a third round pick by the Athletics in last year's draft, came out to a roaring start in Fayetteville. Hattaway's first plate appearance was a walk followed by a bloop single into center. In the third game, Hattaway would also get his first Home Run in a winning effort which saw him rack up 5 RBIs.

However, Hattaway couldn't keep his streak going in Little Rock as he put up an 0-4 effort on Sunday and went just 2-9 in his next two games. The Right Fielder still feels that his game will even out over the season.

"I felt really good every time I went up to the plate," Hattaway before heading on the team bus. "There were a lot of times where I felt like the pitcher was going to chuck one down the plate on the very first pitch and I just pulled on them. I know I'm ready for this league, now I just have to go out there and prove it."...

The Rockhounds come back and start again on Thursday when they host the Naturals and Travelers at Citibank Ballpark. Opening Night will include fireworks, and Monday Night will feature Center Field Karaoke in Center Field after the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »