Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs Part V. - Ghosts of Atlanta's Past

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs Part V. - Ghosts of Atlanta's Past within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part V. - Ghosts of Atlanta's Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Lilbiggio went HAM on that last vid. Wow. That's probably the best 'chise video I've seen with the Vin Scully 4th of July intro, the fire beat in the background, and J-Hey's little juke move. I tip my cap to you, sire. Well done.
I second this statement. Very very nice..
Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #50
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Best dynasty on here. My god. Wow.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Easily. It's absolutely phenomenal.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 3

Man I really appreciate all of you for checking that vid out, I mean it was like the perfect storm of circumstances that brought it together. Dodgers/Braves...July 4th, plenty of audio clips of Adrian Gonzales fouling things up... it was meant to be my friends.

Now, while it's all good and stuff to be feeling great about that last game and all the fanfare surrounding it. Well it would have to be short lived unfortunately. You see, there were some ol' boys up North that it was nauseating them each day to see the Braves continued success on their trek for a 5th division title. An ESPN primetime game was like stirring up a sleeping dog with bees in his mouth:

Yeah, that's right dude, that ol' mangy dog that we all thought didn't hunt no more, and was left for dead, apparently is growling directly at us. The Philadelphia Phillies. A team that over the past 3 years had started to gain a reputation of thuggish, goonish, bullying of the National League. I mean if we were to ease drop on a closed door meeting between Ricky Nolasco, Charlie Manuel and Harry Leroy Halladay you would hear such incriminating comments such as:

Quote:
I don' give a damn son.. if you got to pop that mealy mouth sunnabitch in the jaw. They taking too much of the plate... Too much...
Quote:
... Look, it's not Checkers, it's chess Ricky. You go up there, you lay it down the pipe, they are going to bomb ya. You know this, and I know this. We got to show them that this is our ballpark. This is PHILADELPHIA. We're taking back the inside corner. They don't like it? Kick rocks...

Beaning a player on purpose for no good reason is never a good thing. In fact, it may be the single most taboo thing you can do on the baseball mound besides stepping on the chalk, or sitting down during the 7th inning stretch. But when you think about it, Charlie Manuel had his reasons:

1. The Braves were in first place and distancing themselves from the 2nd place Phillies.

2. Provoking the Braves into a physical altercation and winning the fight could serve as a rallying tool for the Phillies in the second half of the season.

3. Charlie Manuel had an axe to grind.

Game 1 the Phillies worked us like a government mule. Game 2 started off similar as Philly hit back to back to back homeruns to come out the gates up 3 - zip quite early. Once the Braves started to chip away, that's when the index finger pointed inside, and of all people, Brandon Beachy took a high & tight.

**** f'n pissed us off... you don't go after a pitcher you rotten jackass.

Quote:
Braves Steal Game 2 in Philadelphia - MLB.com

After the teams exchanged words, the offensive back and forth slugfest came down to a clutch save from Craig Kimbrell

Kimbrell with one of his finest performance right here brehs... Comes in to clean up O'Flaherty's dirty work, inducing a long fly to put the runner in scoring position and just a single out. Craig then strikes out BJ Upton on a 97 MPH fastball, and gets McDowell to pop up with a can of corn fly to Andrelton Simmons.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 06-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #53
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'm not so sure there is a "best dynasty" on here, but there are a lot of really good ones with nice strengths.

Some are more backstory-oriented (this one, royals19, frank's, nowitsourtime), some are more favorite team IRL ones (kharmo, acmilan, jays65, kmac, crains), some are more focused on stats and accomplishments (mine, nowitsourtime), and some are more about wheeling and dealing (deuce, jays09), or CAPs (highcmppct, this one with john boy).

I do know one thing; I think lilbiggio has some of the best videos on the whole site. The real audio, cuts, and multiple replay angles are pretty dang amazing. Props to lilbiggio for an amazing dynasty.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

I dunno if there's a best dynasty, but if there is, it's this one. He just amazes me post after post. It's a sweet mash up of all the best. Great graphics (royals19), great videos (bhurst99), great backstory (numerous users). He does it all. 5 tool chiser, if you will.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I dunno if there's a best dynasty, but if there is, it's this one. He just amazes me post after post. It's a sweet mash up of all the best. Great graphics (royals19), great videos (bhurst99), great backstory (numerous users). He does it all. 5 tool chiser, if you will.
Agreed. Is it sad that I watched the July 4th vid 3-4 times already? Does that reflect badly on me? Or was the video just that good? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Agreed. Is it sad that I watched the July 4th vid 3-4 times already? Does that reflect badly on me? Or was the video just that good? lol
Shout outs to Merica', ain't nothing wrong with seconds on the hotdogs and fireworks.

We pop back in on our boys from Cobb County where it appears the past week and a half has been less than stellar. Jason Heyward and Dan Uggla each carry a batting average over the past 20 at bats that has dipped to .100.

J-Hey has had a splendid season so far bouncing back from the scrutiny, second guessing and wishy wash fair weather reporting that only the fine folks at the Atlanta Journal could cook up. He's lead vote getter for the 2014 All Star game up in Minnesota and is leading the league in several categories that we can't be damned to jot down because they are irrelevant to the grander story....

But yeah, it just takes a month like THIS, with all the behind the scenes B,S, to bring it all back to earth.

Tread carefully my friend..

Isn't it great that there are towns like Pittsburgh that exist in our baseball world? Just when your top two hitters each post their worst numbers of the season, you travel to Pittsburgh and all is right for another day.

Isn't it great that there are bums like Francisco Liriano that exist in the league? Guys who waste 55 pitches in just 3 simple innings? By the end of this game there should be plenty of fireball icons to go around the dinner table.

Makes me sleep a little better at night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »