Home

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

This is a discussion on Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #25
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm a little confused. The update says 4/1 ... but isn't your season late in the year?
Yes, it is late in the season.
This is not MLB 13. I have MLB 13 rosters, however, that I have updated myself.
I've been playing this franchise for a long time now. Not playing a new SHOW game until I finish this franchise. Dedication, my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

But I'm confused how transactions on 4/1 have an impact on your Louisville playoff run. . . or maybe I'm missing something (probably am).
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #27
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
But I'm confused how transactions on 4/1 have an impact on your Louisville playoff run. . . or maybe I'm missing something (probably am).
I mentioned in one of the first posts that I make roster moves on my team as they happen in real life. So, for example, Parra, Cesar, Jack, and JJ all made the MLB team in real life, so I sent them up to the MLB on my game. Jose Arrodondo got sent down to AAA in real life, so I called him down to my team in the game.

When Grandal, Alonso, etc. were sent over to the Padres for Mat Latos a while back, that trade was made on my game, since I do 30 team control, and I lost some key players on my team, including Alonso.

Also, I do injuries as well. So, now that Ludwick is on the DL in real life, he gets sent down to the minor leagues in my game regardless of his performance on my game, for his virtual "rehab assignment".

..You bet I enjoyed having Votto come down to my team during last season after he got hurt in real life.. Only problem is, offensively his struggled for me and went 1-10 at the plate, I believe.

Hope I answered your question.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

WIN 81, A SPECIAL ONE
A night Daniel Corcino won't forget

2013-04-03_00.12.40.jpg

Under the lights, on the road, in front of a grand total of 3,475 people in Toledo, Ohio, Reds prospect Daniel Corcino delivered the best pitching performance a Louisville Bat has seen in months. He went the distance for a complete game shut out with nine strikeouts.

We pick up the action in the top of the 7th with the visiting Bats at the plate in a 0-0 ballgame. 1B Donald Lutz singles. The starting 3B, Henry Rodriguez puts down a sac bunt (more on him later). 2 outs, but that doesn't fase LF Felix Perez as he plates a double and the winning run. To seal the deal in the 9th, in clutch fashion, Donald Lutz, who scored both runs that Louisville scored in the 2-0 ballgame, shot a solo bomb over the right field wall.

2013-04-03_00.16.45 (1).jpg

Player of the Game
SP, Daniel Corcino. Not much argument here. 9IP, 6 hits, 2 BB, 9K, shutout.

Other notables
Donald Lutz continues to be the hottest bat on the Bats right now, even though he may be in danger of being sent down to AA (based on real life). Lutz went 2-4 with a HR, RBI, and scored both runs.

Henry Rodriguez, while not getting a hit in the game, really stood out defensively. 3 diving plays were made beautifully, including one to turn a double play. Coach Massey said after the game "His (Henry's) great effort out there at 3B makes my life a lot easier. I hope he continues to put forth that type of effort as he gets to play more out there."

Final Game Notes
-We only got 5 hits, and all of them came after the 3rd.
-The stadium in Toledo was at 19% occupancy. Very quite game.
-27th rated defense based on THE SHOW's rankings? My tail! This entire season my infield has been diving every which way making plays. Emmanuel Burris, the Bats' starting 2B every game unless otherwise noted, plays 2B as if he's Brandon Phillips. Every game we can count on him to make a couple wonderful plays out at 2nd. Previously mentioned, but well worth another mention, Henry Rodriguez or whoever it may be at the "hot corner" in Louisville always seems to play defense like a champ. Tonight was no different.
-Time of the ballgame: 2 hours and 32 minutes

What it means to the team
We gain one more game up in the wild card, lead now at four
Six games remain
Playoffs looking better and better
7-3 in last 10 games

2013-04-03_00.09.52.jpg

Look Ma', I'm flying! The fans in Toledo got to see this type of effort three different times tonight from Henry Rodriguez.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
MVP

kc2135's Arena

Awesome dynasty man, keep it up!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #30
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

WILD FINISH IN TOLEDO

The Louisville Bats and Toledo Mud Hens played deep in to the night tonight, as Louisville ended up on the losing end of a 3-2 IL West contest as Toledo prevailed in 11 innings.

We pick up the action in the 6th inning, where Bats' starter Armando Galarraga gave up a solo shot, giving Toledo a 1-0 lead. Fast forwarding to the top of the ninth, Billy Hamilton lead off and fouled a pop up to 3rd for out number one. Emmanuel Burris barely sneaks a weak single in to right field between a diving first basemen of Toledo. If you guys have been following along lately, you know who has been the hottest hitter on my team over the past few games...That's right, Donald Lutz. Lutz brought me from my seat, cheering, with a 2 run-go ahead home run in the top of the ninth to give us good guys a 2-1 lead!
However, I finally felt the pain of losing JJ Hoover to the Reds. Hoover was my closer until he made the big league team in real life, which meant I had to send him up to the big league team in my game. In comes Jose Arredondo. He quickly gives up a single to the first man he faces. Next batter bunts him over. Next batter singles, runners on first and third. By this point, Kanekoa Texeira comes in but can't stop the Hens from sending the game to extras. In the 11th, Mike Hessman (who was already on thin ice with me) comes off the bench for me to pinch hit and strikes out to end the top half, and then proceeded to throw away a ball to first that ended the game and gave Toledo a one run win in extra innings.

Coach Massey was a frustrated man after the game, but did provide this quote. "In a game like that, in which Armando Galarraga pitched 8 innings of one run baseball, and 'Lutzy' comes up huge in the ninth, you have to just tip your cap to the other team. They earned their runs by getting hits against our bullpen, which let us down once again."

Player of the game
Armando Galarraga * 8 IP, 6H, 6K, 1 ER

Other notables
Donald Lutz 2-5, HR, 2 RBI, R

Final Game Notes
No pictures uploaded because of a loss
Bullpen lets down Louisville again with only 5 games left
Time of the ballgame: 3 hours and 41 minutes

What it means to the team
Columbus officially wrapped up the division with our loss
Louisville still leads the wild card by 3 games over Buffalo, with 5 games left
-Last series of the regular season starts tomorrow night against Indianapolis, who haven't found themselves competitive in the division all year.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #31
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Rumor Mill

Luddy hurt.jpg

Bats to proudly welcome outfielder Ryan Ludwick to the team for the final few games of the Bats season, as he will begin his rehab assignment from his dislocated shoulder that he suffered opening day in real life. This will not only help Ludwick return to full strength for the remainder of the Reds' season, but could help push the Bats over the top as the run to the playoffs is coming to an end.

Game update
Game one of the five game series against Indianapolis has been played, but the summary will not be posted until tomorrow evening due to timing constraints from work.

Stay thirsty for THE SHOW, my friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

So does Ludwick start now for you or do you wait until he actually can play to start using him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »