Home

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

This is a discussion on Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Getting hot when it matters. Also doesn't hurt to have Cueto as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #66
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Getting hot when it matters. Also doesn't hurt to have Cueto as well.
Hopefully he'll get to pitch a game or two for me during the playoffs before he heads back to the pros, but you're right! Playing good here lately and I hope we keep it up. I'll be sending Sean Gallagher to the hill to face Columbus in game one.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #67
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Really cool idea you have going here. Read through the whole thing in one sitting.

Way to deliver in that first Playoff series. Had the brooms ready and everything. Good luck going forward!

I have one question and if you already answered it, I must have read right over it. Why don't you use the in-game screenshot feature instead of taking pics with your phone? Don't get me wrong, I love the pics you add, just seems like screenshots give a little better quality and are easier to capture the full screen with.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #68
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
Really cool idea you have going here. Read through the whole thing in one sitting.

Way to deliver in that first Playoff series. Had the brooms ready and everything. Good luck going forward!

I have one question and if you already answered it, I must have read right over it. Why don't you use the in-game screenshot feature instead of taking pics with your phone? Don't get me wrong, I love the pics you add, just seems like screenshots give a little better quality and are easier to capture the full screen with.
Hey, thanks a lot for following! If it wasn't for people like you, there'd be no point for me to be putting my time and effort in to this project!

As far as the pictures go, honestly, I don't know much about the "screenshot feature" or how I'd be able to get the screen shots on to my computer. I'm slightly curious though..
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #69
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Hey, thanks a lot for following! If it wasn't for people like you, there'd be no point for me to be putting my time and effort in to this project!

As far as the pictures go, honestly, I don't know much about the "screenshot feature" or how I'd be able to get the screen shots on to my computer. I'm slightly curious though..
OK, I hope this doesn't sound too confusing. I may have gone a little too detailed, but more detail is better than less, right?

Step 1) When you are playing the game, hit the PS button and scroll over to 'Photo'. One of the options will be save screenshot. Once you select save screenshot, wait for the desired moment then snap the pic (hit X). You can do it during the actual game or a replay.
[Note: I like to do all this (hit PS button, scroll to photos, highlight screenshot) during the pre-game warmup so I don't have to mess with it when the moment I want to capture finally arrives.]
Step 2) Once you snap the pic, it will save on your hard drive. To see it, you must exit the game. From the home screen/XMB, scroll over to photos, then scroll down to find the pic you want. To move it from your PS3 to your computer, you will need a flash drive. To copy it to the flash drive, you need to highlight the pic, press triangle, hit copy, then choose where you want it to copy to (flash drive).

Step 3) Once you move it from the flash drive to the computer, you can attach it to a post or upload it to a free picture sharing site (ex. photobucket - if you do this you will need to copy the IMG code and paste it in the post).

This all sounds WAY more difficult and time consuming than it is. Feel free to shoot me PM if you have any questions. Hope this made sense.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #70
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Ask the Manager - Q&A with Manager Massey

mqdefault.jpg

With a pivotal series against Columbus in the near future, GoBats.com subscribers were invited to send in email questions to Manager Massey. We've selected the best ones, and here they are.

Bats Fans: What was it like managing the All Star Game earlier this season with players whom you compete against during the season?

Manager Massey: I really enjoyed managing and spending time with the other players. It gives you an opportunity to get to know the character and work ethic of the kids and really evaluate them. What we do as coaches is all about getting players better to help them get to the next level, really doesn't matter who they play for it's all about trying to help them whatever way we can. It didn't hurt that every one was there having a good time, including myself.

Bats Fans: What has been the biggest difference between your time managing at the Triple-A level as compared to working in player development in Double-A?

Manager Massey: The biggest difference for me at the beginning of this season was getting to know the older players better to see what we need to do as a staff to allow them to maximize their abilities so we can have them ready if Cincinnati needs them. They are all where they are for a reason. Some are for insurance for the ML club and others are on the way up as prospects. They all have a fit for the organization and we as a staff try to evaluate them and hopefully give them a positive atmosphere to continue to develop their skills. Players are more predictable as they move up the ladder and get more consistent so they have to go out and show they can produce everyday to continue to advance.

Bats Fans: What is your favorite ball park?

Manager Massey: We are very fortunate to have several new and very accommodating ball parks in our league, sadly most of them are in the other divisions. I really enjoy the stadiums where we can stay in a nice hotel and walk to the ballpark. In my opinion Sacramento, Omaha, and Indianapolis are the nicest and most convenient. Lehigh Valley is a new and very nice stadium, but we stay away from the park and Gwinnett is the same. I really like the Durham atmosphere even though the stadium is older.

Bats Fans: What do you and the players do during long bus rides? And what is the strangest restaurant you have ever eaten at on the road?

Manager Massey: As far as travel goes, most of the bus rides are composed of reports, movies and rest and usually in that order. Luckily I'm not a big as some of the other guys that get packed into the seats. In Triple-A we usually get to travel on two busses so it makes it more comfortable. At the lower levels only 1 bus and the rides are just as long and some a lot longer since they don't fly much, so we are very fortunate to get that luxury. I'm not a big sleeper and the TV's are small and sometimes tough to see. The satellite TV helps us stay up to date on the highlights and scores, that's a nice perk.

I love to visit local restaurants, but we don't get to eat out much due to the schedule. We eat at the visiting clubhouses a lot and that helps save money also, since we have to pay them dues everyday it's convenient to eat there. Every once in a while we'll get to go out and eat after a day game and try and get a nice meal somewhere close by.

Bats Fans: What does this upcoming series against your rival, Columbus mean to you?

Manager Massey: This series means everything to me. It could mean more to me than any one. This season has had many ups and downs (mostly ups) but we've had some heated, tough battles with Columbus, and the season was a tail of two coins for both of us. We were in first place in the division all the way from opening day to near All Star weekend, and Columbus was in 2nd. After the break, Columbus went on a 15 game winning streak or something crazy and we never caught them in the division the whole rest of the year. I've thought about this matchup in the playoffs ever since they took the lead in the division. I knew we'd be running in to them again. They've been a great team all year and so have we. It'll be a showdown.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #71
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

First pitch is just minutes away!

Game one of the International League Championship series, between the Columbus Clippers and the YOUR Louisville Bats! Our season record against Columbus is 10-9, so we've seen them plenty and it's been a great series all season.

They are currently ranked overall #1 in AAA, and we find ourselves #2.

Before the game, Sean Marshall was called up to the big league team and Manny Parra returns to AAA where he dominated for a couple weeks, just a few weeks ago.

Tonight's pitching match up from Columbus:

Sean #2.jpg VS Dice K.jpg

Sean Gallagher VS Daisuke Matsuzaka

** Sean Gallagher pitched very well in game one of the wild card series against Syracuse as he went 7 strong innings of 2 hit, shutout baseball with 8 strikeouts. We hope for the same type of outing tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #72
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

BOMBS AWAY...

Louisville drops the opener of the ILCS on the road to Columbus as the Clippers hit 3 home runs.

Ah geez guys, where to start? I hate losing to these guys. It's the tenth time now this year we've lost to them so it aggravates me even more. I have to give their crowd credit. The people of Columbus were so loud I couldn't even hear the announcers a certain points in the game. Columbus natives love their sports..GO BLUE JACKETS! (Sorry, they are the only thing I can think of to be happy about and to take my mind away from this loss). Yes, I'm a BIG CBJ fan..

Anyway, let's jump to the short losing game recap.

The Bats jumped out first in the run column, in the 2nd inning. With two outs and a man on first and second, Willie Harris doubled off the right field wall. 1-0 Bats.
Next inning, Sean Gallagher missed his spot badly on the running fastball and gave up a solo shot to Nick Weglarz. 1-0 Columbus. I don't even know if he's still in the Cleveland organization any more, but this dude has been a pain in my neck all year long. He made the all star team for Columbus and has just been tearing it up against me seemingly every at bat this season. Gallagher missed his spot poorly multiple times (more on that later..). It just seemed like early on he didn't have the grip for the running fast ball like he usually does.
Next inning, same problem. We (Ryan Hanigan and I) called for a running fastball outside. But what did it do? Snuck right down the pipe and it got blasted. 2-1 Columbus after 4 innings.

In the 5th inning, Willie Harris drew a BB with one out. I sent him on a steal and he was successful. He later advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch with two outs and a shaky Billy Hamilton stepped in. I litterally went to the "pinch hit" screen and clicked on Felix Perez's name to pinch hit for Hamilton, but when it asked if I was sure, I changed my mind at the last second. It paid off as he came through with a single to tie it at 2!

In the bottom of the 8th, both starters gone, Kanekoa Texeria, who had pitched a perfect 7th inning for me walked Weglarz with 2 outs. We didn't want much to do with him and Texeria was shaky facing him. I don't blame him a bit. So he walks, and the next guy up crushes a game winning two run home run.

Game over. 4-2, Columbus.

Notable players
Sean Gallagher, despite giving up 2 solo shots, actually pitched pretty well. Those two mistakes were his only real mistakes of the game as he went 6 innings with 7 K's and the 2 earned runs.

Final Game Notes
We missed some big chances to score runs.
We hit poorly with runners in scoring position.
Several guys swung the bats well including Emmanuel Burris and Jason Donald.
First time we've allowed 3 HRs in a game all year.
Time of the ballgame: 2 hours and 47 minutes.

What it means to the team
We've just got to be careful with this squad. We know they're skilled. We've got some work to do but tonight was a winnable game, aside from giving up those home runs. Those clutch hits can and will come us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »