Home

The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise)

This is a discussion on The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
Haha! I'm the same way. I'd recommend TNK's sliders, he has been around the MLB SHOW slider forums for a long while.

Great title to the thread also, that is what got me to look at it! Seattle Mariners have an awesome park. Good luck building them up into contenders!
Thanks. I will definitely check out TNK sliders. Like I said I am a newbie when it comes to The Show and even Baseball games since the last one I bought was 2K9. So I want to make sure I still am able to win a few games but not go to crazy and score 10+ a game and throw shutouts all the time
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

So I had this big writeup in regards to the farm system, and my computer decided to freeze and then reload the page with my info gone. I am going to go run some errands (dayoff from work) and have lunch. Then retype of the Farm Report. For Spring Training, I am going to use the real life stories (Bevin/Saunders) struggles, the releasing of Wells for Bay, the release of Loe, the signing of Chavez and trading for Harang, as well as a few others and then hope to get in a few updates on how my season is going so far.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

Good luck. Mariners look like a tough team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

DOWN ON THE FARM

When you start talking about the Marniers farm system. Most converstions start with the Big 3. LHP D. Hultzen(23 yr),J. Paxton (24 yr) and RHP Tauijun Walker (20 yr). Walker is considered to be the gem of the 3 but some say that is just because he is the youngest. Only time will tell which 3 if all 3 will be mainstays in the rotation behind Felix for the next 7 years.

However when it comes to pitching the M's actually have 2 set's of the Big 3. Well Hutlzen,Paxton and Walker are consider Tier 1. The trio of RHP Victor Sanchez (18yr), LHP Luiz Gohara (16 yr) and LHP Tyler Pike (19 yr) are not far behind. All 3 will start the year in AA and when any of the Tier 1 Big 3 move up to The Show, these guy's could make their move to AAA.

The next name on everyone's lips is Catcher Mike Zunino (22 yr). I don't think there is a name that get's Mariner fans more excited then that of Zunino. For years we have been waiting for a elite catcher. We thought we had one in Adam Moore, Jeff Clement and even more recently J. Montero. So well Zunino bat says he should make a showing at the MLB level in 2013. His Defense will actually be the real factor. With a log jam at DH/1B. Jesus Montero will get the 2013 to showcase his bat and work on his defensive skills, well Zunino will be invited to camp and likely end up on the 40 man roster he will start the year in AA.

The Mariners also have a Big 3 when it comes to talking about Infield prospects. 2B/SS Nick Franklin (22 yr) SS/2B Brad Miller (23 yr) and 2B/3B Stephen Romero (23 yr).

Franklin is a Switch hitter who was projected as the next future SS. However with the emergence of Miller leaves us now wondering who will play where. Romero was a 3B well at Oregon State, and has always been a power producer. However because of a arm injury, some feel he might be best moved to either 2B or even a corner OF. Only time will tell depending on how the rest of the Infield shakes out.

When it comes to the Outfield the M's are a little short when it comes to MLB ready talent. Well they have several guy's at the AAA level like lefty's E. Thames and C. Pegeuero, the one to watch for is (21yr) lefty Julio Morban from the DR. He will probably start the year in AA Jackson but like the other 2 all 3 will be invited to camp.

(Other names to keep a eye on and where they will start in 2013)
3B A. Liddi (25 yr)
( 40 man roster probably end up in AAA)

SS C. Triunfel (23yr)
(40 man and AAA)

2B/OF F. Martinez (22 yr)
(AA)

3B/OF V. Catricala (25 yr)
(AA maybe AAA)

2B/C Jack Marder (23 yr)
(AA)

3B/SS Joseph DeCarlo (19 yr)
(AA)

OF Gabriel Guerrero (19 yr)

Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

SPRING TRAINING RECAP
The Marniers played pretty much like most expected for the spring I think. Morse and Morales hit some HR's giving us a glimpse of why we signed them. Offensively the biggest suprise was 1B J. Smoak hitting over .400 and hitting 5 HR and tying Morse with 15 RBI's. Another big surprise was veteran Jason Bay hitting .321 beating out Casper Wells (.182) who was released and picked up on waivers by Toronto.

R. Adinio hit .327 giving M's fans hope of a decent backup IF. Franklin, Miller, Romero, Triunfel and Liddi all struggled thus why they will start in the minors. Miller and Romero were sent to AA so they can play everyday and Franklin will play 2B at Tacoma. Catricala will also go to AA and start at 3B.

With Wells gone, the M's signed former Mariner Endy Chavez. The 35 yr old will start in AAA but will be the first OF called up due to injury. Chavez has been in the league for awhile but hasn't had a super season since 2004 when he hit .277 and stole 32 bases for the Expos.

Pitching was a different story. Paxton,Walker and Hultzen all struggled and like expected will start in AAA. Joining them will be 23 yr old Erasmo Ramirez. Ramirez pitched well before getting hurt, so this will be more likely a rehab spot until someone struggles. There was still alot more of that as well. 24 yr Hector Noesi was expected to challege Bevin for the #5 spot but instead will be in AA and likely be mentioned in a trade or 2. Bevin also struggled and with the emerenge of 22 yr RHP B. Mauer (3-1 1.50 ERA) he will definetly be the #5 with Mauer moving into the #4 spot behind Saunders. Saunders struggled as well but as the only lefty in the rotaton, manager E. Wedge will ride him as long as possible before making a move to Paxton or Hultzen. Mauer was a shock because he isn't even considered among the Big 3 but still was a Top-10 prospect so I guess it wasn't a complete surprise.

The Bullpen should be well stocked to start the year. Righty's (23 yr) Stephen Pryor and (22 yr) Carter Capps will join the bullpen. Both have future closer potenial giving M fans hope in case Tom Wilhelmsen 2012 season was a fluke. They will be joined by lefty's O. Perez and C. Furbush.

The last bullpen spot was orginally thought to go to Kameron Loe but he was designated and picked up by the Cubs. Either LHP L. Luegte or RHP Y. Medina will probably take the spot. However rumor is the Mariners are looking to aquire a vetern starter and move Blake Bevin to the bullpen for long relief.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
Good luck. Mariners look like a tough team.
The M's have some talent, but just need to put it all together. The Infield can't seem to hit (Smoak,Akley,Ryan) and the Outfield is either OLD (Ibanez,Bay,Chavez) or injury prone (Gutierrez and Saunders).

Right now the big ? is Morse and Morales. If they can provide HR's then the Offense could still have some potential. Montero is also a big ?. He is a roller coaster. He can hit, then he can't hit. Only thing that stays consitant is his lack of defense.

Pitching is what will help this team get past .500 and make a push at a wildcard maybe.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

sign me up as subscribed. if i remember there is a dynasty section on OS lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

SEATTLE OPENS 2013 WITH A VICTORY!!!

Any time King Felix takes the mound you have to feel pretty good about the chances of getting a "W" if the offense can get 3 or more runs.

Well Seattle would do just that as the Mariners would take a 3-0 lead in the 3rd Inning as Dustin Ackley comes up big with a double with 2 runners on base. The M's would add 2 more in the 4th after 3 straight walks by A's starter Brett Anderson, as Oakland would go to their bullpen. The A's would pick up 2 in the bottom of the 4th to make it a 5-2 game, but Hernandez was on cruise control.

Felix would pitch 7 giving up just 8 hits walking 3 and striking out 6 to pickup the win. Charlie Furbush would pitch both the 8th and 9th striking out 2 and was credited with the win. Ackley would be the offensive hero picking up 2 more RBI's in the 9th to finish 2/5 with 2 doubles and 4 RBI. Mike Morse would go 4/5 in the cleanup spot.

Oakland's bat's were led by leadoff hitter Coco Crisp. Crisp would finish the night 3/3 with a double and a stolen base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »