Home

The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise)

This is a discussion on The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The King and his Round Table (A Seattle Mariners MLB13 Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
I hope Bourgeois turns out well for the Mariners. Like you said, give him enough AB's and maybe he can do something.

...I saw him play in Houston and he was fast, fast. Nice pickup on your part. Silent add-on that could work to your advantage. Good series with the Rangers too.
I am hoping so. Gutierrez and Saunders actually are doing pretty well in a platoon in CF for me so far and Ibanez and Bay actually have been solid as my LF platoon, Morse is hitting for Avg just no power, but with all that said, B. Ryan was leading my team in SB's with 2 at the time of the trade. Maybe this will help jump start the rest of the guy's. Guti and Saunders have pretty good speed at well (both in the mid 70's) so they can swipe a base, just don't seem to get many opps because they have been hitting a lot of doubles or have guy's on 2B when they get on.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lek
really liking this. Cool that you are making little moves that are realistic at this point in the season instead of the Mike Stanton for Saunders and junk deal I often see on franchises. Fantastic job a pleasure to read.

Thanks. Glad to have you following. I am not done dealing and do hope to add a big bat around the trade deadline if I am in the hunt. However I don't see Stanton being that guy. M's would have to give up way to much. I sorta want to wait and see how things work out in the real world. With as horrible as they are playing right now, I can't seem them sitting still in last place without making some moves.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #35
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Following! great small time moves for the speed, love deals like that...I dont usually make big deals but in my dynasty (link below), I traded Lawrie in a deal for Cano just to make things a little different ...looking forward for more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Following! great small time moves for the speed, love deals like that...I dont usually make big deals but in my dynasty (link below), I traded Lawrie in a deal for Cano just to make things a little different ...looking forward for more
Thanks for following. So far just the thought of having a guy with speed in the 90's gets me excited about playing more games.

Have been following your Bluejays. Good move getting Cano. I know he is mentioned as a target this offseason for the M's with Ackley not hitting but can't imagine him wanting to come play for a loser, after being with the Yanks for so long. I have a feeling that we are going to get spurned again (Hamitlon,T. Hunter,N. Swisher, Upton)
Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

THE BROOMS ARE IN FULL ACTION!!!

When the Houston joined the A.L. West, Mariners fans dreamed it would be possible for Houston to take over the cellar and so far it looks like that could be the case, as Seattle sweeps the Astro's for the 2nd time already in this young season improving to 6-0 against their new division rival, building a win streak to 5 games!!

GAME 1 RECAP (Win 3-2)

King Felix improves to 3-0 going 7 1/3 innings giving up 6 hits and 2 runs striking out 8. Wilhelmsen picks up his 8th save of the year. **But it was learned after the game Wilhelmsen felt something on his last pitch that didn't feel right and will be listed day to day until doctors have had a further look**

On offense newly acquired Jason Bourgeois made the most of his first appearance pinch running in the 7th for M. Morse. Borgie (new nickname) stole both 2nd and 3rd. Raul Ibanez continues to drink from the fountain of youth as he goes 3/4 hitting a 3-run double, and B. Ryan continues to fight for AB's as he goes 3/4 to raise his Avg to .322.

GAME 2 RECAP (Win 7-2) *10 innings*

Houston would take a 2-0 lead in the 3rd on a R. Cedeno HR, but Seattle would battle back scoring run's in the 8th and 9th (Solo HR by K. Shoppach) to tie the game and then in the 10th explode for 5 runs to win the game, as Houston starter Jordan Lyles great game is all for not. (Lyles had pitched 7 2/3 innings giving up just 5 hits 1 run and striking out 7).

Besides Shoppach's 9th inning HR which raised his Avg to .125, J. "Borgie" Bourgeois scored 2 runs and had the 8th inning RBI, but it was Kyle Seager hitting a base clearing double in the 10th who was named Tops Player of the Game. Seager would finish 3/5.

On the mound Iwakuma would go 6 giving up 4 hits 2 runs well striking out 7. S Pryor would have his longest outing of the year going 3 innings to pickup the win (now 3-1), and M. Capps would pitch a scoreless 10th striking out 2.

GAME 3 RECAP (WIN 9-2)

Mariner fans had only seen it once this season for far, but were very excited to see it again. A Mike Morse Homerun!!. Morse hit his 2nd HR in the 3rd (3-run shot) then in the 5th K. Morales hit HR #5 (2 run shot) as they led the way for the M's Offense.

On the mound J. Saunders went 6 1/3 inning giving up 9 hits 2 runs and walking 3 but got the win (now 2-1). O. Perez pitched the final 2 2/3 innings giving up 3 hits striking out 2 to pickup the save (his 1st).

Next up the M's take on the Angels as they battle for a top spot in the West!!!!

Last edited by Deuce2223; 04-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

MARINERS IN 1ST? I MUST BE DREAMING..

Going into this 4-game series with the Angels, Manager E. Wedge new his team was in a good spot. They were riding a 5 game win streak and both the pitching and hitting were turning things around. However they hadn't faced a team with a dominating 3/4/5 hitters like that of L.A.

GAME 1 RECAP (Win 7-6) *11 Innings)

Seattle would get on the scoreboard early and often picking up runs in the 1st,2nd and 3rd to take a 4-0 lead, however Los Angeles would battle back getting 4 in the 8th, forcing M's starter A. Harang from the game as well as scoring the 1st run again RP C. Capps this season (had pitched 13 1/3 scoreless until then). Harang actually pitched well in his 2nd start going 7 2/3 innings giving up 9 hits and just 3 runs well walking 4 and striking out 6. (ERA now 2.14).

Both teams put up a run in the 9th to make it 5-5 and then again in the 10th to make it 6-6, but Jason Bay would be the hero today as he hit his 2nd HR of the game (3rd of the year) in walk off fashion..

IMPORTANT GAME STATS
Bay-2/5 2 HR (both solo)
Montero 3/6 3-Run HR (3rd of year)
Morales 3/6 2 runs scored (Avg now .210)

C. Furbush picks up victory #1 with a scoreless 11th.

Trout- 1/7
Hamilton-0/5
Pujols-2/6 1 RBI
Trumbo- 1/4 2 BB
Bourjos- 1/1 3-Run pinch hit HR (batted for Conger in the 4th)

GAME 2 RECAP (Win 12-2)

A lineup of reserves leads to one of the best offensive showings of the year for Seattle, as they get 18 hits and score 12 runs.

The Starting lineup had newly acquired J. Bourgeois at 2B, R. Andino at 3B, K. Morales at 1B, M. Saunders in RF, J. Bay at DH, R. Ibanez in LF, F. Gutierrez in CF, K. Shoppach behind the plate and B. Ryan at SS.

Only M. Saunders would be held to just 1 hit and the biggest surprise was J. Bay hitting this 4th and 5 HR of the year driving in 3, and Kelly Shoppach fighting for a spot on the MLB roster hitting 2 doubles to drive in 3 as well.

Joining Shoppach in the doubles column was (Andino,Guiterrez and Ryan). However the stat that brought the biggest smile to Asst GM "The Deuce" was F. Gutierrez and J. Bourgeois each picking up 2 SB's, as well as the outing on the mound by Rookie B. Mauer.

Mauer had a horrible 1st game going just 3 innings well giving up 7 runs. However tonight he pitched a masterpiece picking up his 2nd win of the year. Mauer's would go all 9 giving up 5 hits and 2 runs (Solo shots by Pujols and Trumbo) well striking out 7.

Manager E. Wedge-"Mauer was great tonight. Anytime you face guy's like Hamilton,Trout,Pujols,Trumbo, you know you are going to give up a big hit or 2. Other then those 2 pitches he was dominating and with a 11 run lead at the time I felt it was important to see how he would respond rather then go to the pen. He did just what I had hoped finishing it out with 3 more scoreless innings."

LA game notes-"Starter T. Hanson last just 2 innings giving up 9 hits and 7 runs. Jerome Williams then game in going 3 but gave up 8 hits and 4 runs. As Seattle lead 11-0 after 5. *Trout went 0/4 and Hamilton went 1/4 with single as both superstars continue to struggle.

GAME 3 RECAP (Win 9-4)

If losing the first 2 games weren't bad enough, the Angeles now had to face "The King" and Felix was in dominating fashion through 5 striking out 8. Los Angeles would score 2 in the 6th as J. Hamilton finally went yard hitting a 2-run HR. Then in the 8th A. Pujols would join him in the HR column as well hitting a 2 run HR to force Hernandez from the game, but Felix would finish with 11 SO though and more importantly get win #4 (now 4-0). C. Capps pitched a scoreless 9th (ERA now 0.65). For LA it was former Mariner J. Vargas who took the beating going just 4 innings well giving up 8 hits and 6 runs striking out 3.

On Offense for the M's F. Gutierrez continued to swing a hot bat going 2/4 with a Triple and his 2nd HR of the year driving in 3, but the biggest hit of the night belonged to 2B D. Ackley as he unloaded the bases with a Grand slam (his 2nd HR of the year).

*Another stat spotlight was J. Bourgeois going 2/3 out of the leadoff spot. (now batting .333)

GAME 4 RECAP (Win 6-2)

A tale of 2 cities, when looking at both teams lineup's most would imagine it would've been the L.A. scoring 33 vs 14 in the 4 game series, but it was Seattle getting to the the Angeles bullpen early once again to pickup their 9th win in a row putting them in 1st place in the AL West.

Angels starter J. Blanton would go just 3 1/3 giving up 8 hits and 3 runs before giving away to J. Williams. Williams would again struggle in his long relief role giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 1 1/3 innings as Seattle cruised to the early 5-0 lead.

With the lead, Iwakuma put things on cruise control and would go 8 innings giving up 8 hits but just 1 run until the 9th well walking 4 and striking out 5.
Closer T. Wilhelmsen would come back after missing the past 7 games to get the final 3 outs striking out 1 for his 9th save of the year. (Iwakuma is now 2-2).
SEATTLE OFFENSE STARS
R. Andino 2/3 2 BB 1 run scored 1 RBI (still batting .370)
M. Morse 3/4 1 run scored 2 RBI
R. Ibanez 2/5 2-run HR (3rd of the year)
M. Saunders 3/5 2 runs scored (batting .400 with 60 AB's)
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

I work the rest of the day, but have tomorrow and Monday off. With just 2 games left in April, plan on doing the monthly update, league, news, ect.. tomorrow afternoon. Then hopefully get in a few games on Monday, to keep things going..

Hope you are enjoying the read. I am completely shocked by my teams sudden turn around on offense. Must be the fear of losing their job or getting sent down, that is helping them play well.

I only wish Ibanez,Bay,Saunders and Gutierrez could hit like this in real life, well that and stay healthy.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Mark Pryor would have his longest outing of the year going 3 innings to pickup the win (now 3-1)
Is Mark Pryor what happens if Stephen Pryor (M's reliever) and Mark Prior (former Cubs ace) were to have a love child? lol.

Can't say I approve of sweeping the 'stros though

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »