Home

OH CANADA! --- A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty

This is a discussion on OH CANADA! --- A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #33
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OH CANADA! --- A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty

Game 1: Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

Toronto Blue Jays at Baltimore Orioles
Apr 22, 2013123456789RHE
Toronto (12-8)000201021670
Baltimore (5-14)011000100362
W: D. Oliver (1-1) L: M. Gonzalez (0-2) S: F. Rodney (3)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSTORBAL
BAL2Davis homers to left center01
BAL3Davis singles to center, Markakias scores 02
TOR4Encarnacion doubles to left center, Cano scores12
TOR4Roberts hits sacrifice fly to center, Bautista scores22
TOR6Bautista homers to left center32
BAL7Markakias singles on ground to left, Machado scores33
TOR8Bautista homers to left, Bonifacio scores53
TOR9Arencibia homer to left center63

BALTIMORE, --Well, what a game 1 it was in Camden Yards in Baltimore, as the Jays continue their hot streak by winning by a score of 6-3. The long ball was once again the key to victory as the Jays hit 3 homers, 1 by Arencibia and 2 by Jose Bautista, which won it for Toronto in the late innings.

Baltimore starter Miguel Gonzalez actually kept the Jays in check but his 2 hanging curve balls letter high to Bautista, which were mashed for homer runs, were key mistakes to giving him his 2nd loss of the season. Pineda was equally solid, his only mistake to Chris Davis in the 2nd, but for some reason the Jays starters seem to be tiring in the 7th so they aren't going as far into games as they should (some reason SP energy is 88 going into games).

Oliver came in the 7th and allowed a run to score after walking the 1st 2 batters he faced. The RBI single was by Markakias. In the 8th however, Joey bats smashed a HR deep into the stands in left to give the Jays the lead and they wouldn't look back. Here is the box score:

Cabrera - 0/4
Cano - 0/4, R
Bautista - 3/4, 2-HR(3,4), 3RBI, 3R, K
Encarnacion - 1/4, RBI, 2B
Arencieba - 1/4, HR(5), RBI, R
Roberts - 0/3, RBI, SF, K
Rasmus - 0/4, K
Adams - 1/4, 2B
Izturis - 1/3

Pineda - 6IP, 5H, 2ER, BB, 6K
Oliver (W) - 1IP, 1H, 1ER, 2BB, K
Santos (H) - 1IP, K
Rodney (S) - 1IP, K

Markakis - 2/4, RBI, R
Betemit - 0/4, 2K
Jones - 1/3, 3B, BB, K
Davis - 2/4, HR(4), 2RBI, R, K
Wieters - 0/4, K
Machado - 1/3, R, BB, K
Reimold - 0/4, 2K
Hardy - 0/3, BB, K
Casilla - 0/3

Gonzalez (L) - 7.2IP, 6H, 5R, 3ER, K
Patton - 1.1IP, 1H, 1ER, 2K

Notes:
- Next game will see RA Dickey take the mound for Toronto against 0-3 Dylan Bundy. The Jays will try and continue to swing the hot bats behind their knuckleballer.
- Izturis will stay in the lineup playin SS, and batting 9th for the injured Reyes, while Josh Thole will catch RA Dickey, but Arencibia will stay in the lineup playing DH and batting 5th. Matt Adams will get a day off for rest.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #34
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
8-1 in USER games, 3-7 simulated so far? The sim engine doesn't like you, lol.
Agreed lol, Im thinking about playing most games from now on...maybe play 2 series, sim 1. I have had a couple close games playing, but the bats have been super hot espically Cano and Encarnacion...then when they aren't producing Bautista, Arencibia and Roberts are putting up big numbers. I am using BigFkinJoes sliders too so its not like im playing on easy and cheesing lol I am just being patient and crushing mistakes
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #35
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Agreed lol, Im thinking about playing most games from now on...maybe play 2 series, sim 1. I have had a couple close games playing, but the bats have been super hot espically Cano and Encarnacion...then when they aren't producing Bautista, Arencibia and Roberts are putting up big numbers. I am using BigFkinJoes sliders too so its not like im playing on easy and cheesing lol I am just being patient and crushing mistakes
I hear ya buddy. Def. not cheesing, some have been pretty tight games--could be a hot streak.

BIGFNJOE96's sliders are legit, but the power at 100 might be too much for your mashing team here. I mean Cano, Joey Bats, and E5...dang. I have been getting by with power at 85 (check out my slider thread if you're interested) and been scoring 4.2 runs a game or so...with a weak Astros lineup.

I think mkharsh33's sliders for 2k12 are meant as a supreme challenge, and they pretty much translate to 2k13, so you might want to check those out at least for fun.

In terms of difficulty I'd say mkharsh33 is pretty clearly the toughest, then probably BIGFNJOE96 next and mine might be a tiny bit easier than his...though some areas of mine might be slightly tougher.

There's also a slider set from shogunofharlem for 2k12 that I haven't really spent much time with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #36
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I hear ya buddy. Def. not cheesing, some have been pretty tight games--could be a hot streak.

BIGFNJOE96's sliders are legit, but the power at 100 might be too much for your mashing team here. I mean Cano, Joey Bats, and E5...dang. I have been getting by with power at 85 (check out my slider thread if you're interested) and been scoring 4.2 runs a game or so...with a weak Astros lineup.

I think mkharsh33's sliders for 2k12 are meant as a supreme challenge, and they pretty much translate to 2k13, so you might want to check those out at least for fun.

In terms of difficulty I'd say mkharsh33 is pretty clearly the toughest, then probably BIGFNJOE96 next and mine might be a tiny bit easier than his...though some areas of mine might be slightly tougher.

There's also a slider set from shogunofharlem for 2k12 that I haven't really spent much time with.
Forgot to mention, I use bigfnjoes sliders but I use Power at 55 lol, contact 40...for both me and cpu...use his sliders for everything else...i may try yours for next game
Old 04-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Game 2: Toronto Blue Jays @ Baltimore Orioles

Toronto Blue Jays at Baltimore Orioles
Apr 23, 2013123456789RHE
Toronto (12-9)0002000002120
Baltimore (6-14)00014000x5100
W: D. Bundy (1-3) L: R.A Dickey (1-3) S: J. Johnson (4)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSTORBAL
TOR4Bautista singles to right center, Cano scores10
TOR4Rasmus singles to center, Bautista scores20
BAL4Jones scores on wild pitch by pitcher21
BAL5Betemit doubles to center, Casilla scores22
BAL5Jones doubles to right center, Jones & Markakis score24
BAL5Davis singles to center, Jones scores25
Toronto Blue Jays
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
POG - Robinson Cano513000
BATTING:
2B: Cano 2 (10), Roberts (7)
RBI: Bautista (19), Rasmus (9)
Baltimore Orioles
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
POG - Adam Jones423201
BATTING:
2B: Betemit (2), Jones (6)
RBI: Betemit (10), Jones 2 (3), Davis (9)
BASERUNNING:
SB: Jones (2)
CS: Casilla (1)
Toronto Blue Jays
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
R.A Dickey (L)5.095535
C. Martinez 2.010010
E. Rogers1.000000
Baltimore Orioles
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
D. Bundy (W)6.2102204
B. Matusz (H)0.100000
D. O'Day (H)1.010010
J. Johnson (S)1.010000

BALTIMORE, MD -- The Orioles even up the series winning game 2 by a score of 5-2. This game was a pitchers duel until the 5th inning when RA Dickey gave up 4 runs and walked 3 batters. His defense behind him wasn't helping as a ball was crushed by Jones, Rasmus the CF made 2 steps in but it was over his head to the wall scoring 2.

The Jays scored 1st off RBI singles by Bautista and Rasmus to make it 2-0 Jays. With a runner on 3rd, Dickey uncorked a wild pitch which would allow the runner to score, 2-1. In the 5th Dickey walked 3 and then the 2-run double by Jones made it 3-2 O's. Betemit would also double scoring Casilla to make it 4-2, and Davis would hit a RBI single which shouldn't have been a run but Dickey's 2nd wild pitch of the game advanced the baserunner to second.

Bundy was solid for the O's only allowing the 2 runs on 10 hits, but he was able to minimize the damage of the 10 hits. The bullpen conserved the W for Bundy and the rest is history. As showed above the the score, Cano was the player of the game for Toronto going 3/5 with a run scored and 2 doubles, while Jones was the man for Baltimore with his 3/4, 2RBI game.

Notes:
- Game 3 will see Josh Johnson take to the mound for Toronto against Wei-Yin Chen for the O's.
- Reyes will miss the finale and it may be his last game injured as he could return for the next series. Bonifacio will play SS and bat 9th in game 3.

Last edited by BlueJays09; 04-27-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK on this topic...would you readers prefer me do my summary/box score like Game 2 vs. Orioles or like I have been doing it all along. I decided to go with the new way to show batting stats over complete box scores along with the pitchers stats and POG for each team. If the readers would like me to go back to the way I was doing it with summary, then my own homemade box score after writeup I will do so.

Also, I talked about the games I was winning, must have jinxed myself cause I lost this one, so maybe I will keep the sliders like they are lol

EDIT: I am also willing to do the full box score in the table instead of POG like I did in game 2 vs. O's....again you guys are readers so let me know what you would like to see! I would be willing to try what I just done but w/ complete box score where POG is rather than my homemade box scores....but will use the old ones if people were liking it that way...looking forward to imput

Last edited by BlueJays09; 04-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #39
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK on this topic...would you readers prefer me do my summary/box score like Game 2 vs. Orioles or like I have been doing it all along. I decided to go with the new way to show batting stats over complete box scores along with the pitchers stats and POG for each team. If the readers would like me to go back to the way I was doing it with summary, then my own homemade box score after writeup I will do so.

Also, I talked about the games I was winning, must have jinxed myself cause I lost this one, so maybe I will keep the sliders like they are lol

EDIT: I am also willing to do the full box score in the table instead of POG like I did in game 2 vs. O's....again you guys are readers so let me know what you would like to see! I would be willing to try what I just done but w/ complete box score where POG is rather than my homemade box scores....but will use the old ones if people were liking it that way...looking forward to imput
I like to see the original box scores
Old 04-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #40
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
I like to see the original box scores
By original do you mean my homemade ones or the OS original one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »