Home

Miller Time: A Milwaukee Brewers Franchise(MLB 12)

This is a discussion on Miller Time: A Milwaukee Brewers Franchise(MLB 12) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Pro

sgf83's Arena

OVR: 0
Miller Time: A Milwaukee Brewers Franchise(MLB 12)

Game: MLB 12 The Show
Rosters: Default
Pitching: All-Star Meter
Hitting: All-Star Timing
Sliders: Armor & Swords/Marino

I will be starting this franchise today, hopefully. I probably won't update it daily but try and get to it once a week with quite a few posts at a time. I had it in my mind to play every game in MLB, AAA and AA but doing that I probably wouldn't get to off-season stuff quick enough to hold interest. I just hate simming as I like to have full control over things. I haven't yet made my mind up but after I get my back story posted and all I will let you all know which route I'm going with the game play aspect of this franchise.

Looking forward to getting the Milwaukee Brewers their first World Series title!

Last edited by sgf83; 04-23-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Re: Miller Time: A Milwaukee Brewers Franchise(MLB 12)

BREAKING NEWS FROM MILLER PARK

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel beat writer Tom Haudricourt is reporting there will be a very important press conference shortly involving the direction of the Milwaukee Brewers organization.

Tom Haudricourt: Rumors are circling right now so it's hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction. I am getting several reports that management is going to be shaken up drastically and some are saying it involves a Brewers legend. The only thing I know for certain is Brewers owner Mark Attanasio will be holding a press conference here at Miller Park shortly to "make an important announcement about the future of baseball in Milwaukee".

Last edited by sgf83; 04-23-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Monday
February 6, 2012 2:00PM

TOM PIPINES: Our cameras are live at Miller Park today for a press conference with Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio. It is uncertain the nature of this press conference but we will go now as Mr. Attanasio is addressing the media right now.

MARK ATTANASIO: Good afternoon Brewers fans. I know there is much speculation as to the nature of me holding this press conference so let's get straight to it. The Milwaukee Brewers have had a great legacy in MLB baseball regardless of never bringing home a Commissioner's Trophy. Milwaukee hasn't had a baseball championship since 1957 and I want to see this change, soon! I feel the Brewers are in the shadow of the Packers and the best way to come out of that shadow is to win.

We have experienced some success since I purchased the team but before that this team and town have endured many years of mediocrity. I don't want mediocrity I want division crowns, NL pennants and most importantly World Series Championships. Not championship, championships! PLURAL!

I have decided to go in a direction that may not be viewed as the "right" direction but this is the direction we are going. You can either be on board and ride the ride with us or the bandwagon will be back around to pick you up when the fruits of our labor are finally realized.

OK, enough beating around the bush. I have decided to name a former Brewer legend as Director of Baseball Operations. This man played for this organization from 1974-1993, a 3 time all-star and silver slugger award winner. He is also a 2 time AL MVP and has 1 Gold Glove to his credits. He is a 1999 inductee into the Hall of Fame and his #19 is retired by this organization. I give to you, Robin Yount!

ROBIN YOUNT: Hello everyone, it's good to back with this organization. I have given my career to this city and hope to give some championships back to you all. Like Mark said, this isn't going to happen overnight but we will reach our goal. We have some pieces in place but we just need to plug a few leaks.

Pitchers and Catchers report next week and I'm looking forward to getting down to Phoenix to get this thing started. Expect some big moves this year and some key Free Agent signings. I plan to be very active with the team as I like a hands on approach. I have an office and a desk but the best place to find me is in the clubhouse or down on the field. Does anyone want my press box for games? I will be sitting with the GREAT fans of Milwaukee watching Bernie Brewer wear that slide out!

Thanks for this opportunity Mark, I won't let you down.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

sgf83's Arena

FOX6NOW WITI: We are going back out live to Tom Haudricourt for his final takes on the breaking news we received earlier involving the Brewers. Tom is outside Miller Park and we are going there now.

TOM HAUDRICOURT: Thanks guys, I am here outside Miller Park and quite a few fans came out for this announcement. I spoke to Robin Yount also and he is very thrilled to get started on this season. Besides creating a new all natural lemonade drink called Robinade he also became a minority owner of the Lakeshore Chinooks of the Northwoods Baseball League. He has also been a coach for the Diamondbacks and Brewers during his retirement.

I asked him what he meant by big moves and free agent signings and he told me that I would just have to wait and see.

The fans I spoke with all had their Brewer jerseys and hats on and were very excited about the news. One fan I spoke with said he was a life long Brewers fan and idolized Robin Yount growing up. Overall it was a feeling of acceptance of the decision from a fans standpoint.

However I spoke with a few MLB personnel from other clubs over the phone and one said and I quote "I just don't understand the move. You have a good organization and you just want to bring in some retired legend to try and win a popularity contest. I don't get it. Not a smart move!".

I asked Yount about those comments and he simply said "Did you ask whoever said that how they like their crow cooked?".

Time will tell, but it seems Mr. Yount doesn't get too rattled by naysayers!

Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Pro

sgf83's Arena

OK, feel free to post now!

I will be starting Spring Training today and I'll probably post an update when Spring Training is over. I decided to do the Play 1 Sim 5 approach during this franchise in order to get through the first year. I may start playing every game for Year 2, we will cross that bridge when it gets here.

Hope you like the backstory. I have always loved franchise mode in Madden and am new to The Show and this will be my first baseball franchise played and my first ever franchise write up.

Hopefully it won't cause too much of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Big position for Robin Yount to be put in. But ATLEAST there is a Brewers dynasty! YES! Best of luck with this and I'll be chiming in from time to time.

...now just waiting on someone to swallow their pride and start a Royals dynasty.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
Big position for Robin Yount to be put in. But ATLEAST there is a Brewers dynasty! YES! Best of luck with this and I'll be chiming in from time to time.

...now just waiting on someone to swallow their pride and start a Royals dynasty.
Yeah, I went with Milwaukee primarily because I hadn't seen one done on here yet. I wanted to come with something new.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Pro

sgf83's Arena

Milwaukee Brewers Spring Training 2012 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Mar 4vs San Francisco Giants
Mar 5at San Francisco Giants
Mar 6vs Oakland Athletics
Mar 7at Chicago White Sox
Mar 8vs Cincinnati Reds
Mar 9vs Cleveland Indians
Mar 10vs Chicago Cubs
Mar 11vs Colorado Rockies
Mar 13vs Seattle Mariners
Mar 14at Chicago Cubs
Mar 15at San Diego Padres
Mar 16at Kansas City Royals
Mar 17at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Mar 18vs Texas Rangers
Mar 19at Texas Rangers
Mar 20at Los Angeles Dodgers
Mar 21at Arizona Diamondbacks
Mar 23vs Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Mar 24vs Chicago White Sox
Mar 25vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Mar 26at Cleveland Indians
Mar 27vs Kansas City Royals
Mar 28vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Mar 29vs Cincinnati Reds
Mar 30at Los Angeles Dodgers
Mar 31at San Diego Padres
Apr 1vs San Francisco Giants
Apr 2at Chicago White Sox
Apr 3at Chicago Cubs
Apr 4at Arizona Diamondbacks (Chase Field)

Last edited by sgf83; 04-23-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: New Banner

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »