Home

Progressing to Champions - A Cleveland Indians Franchise

This is a discussion on Progressing to Champions - A Cleveland Indians Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Progressing to Champions - A Cleveland Indians Franchise

Seattle Mariners at Cleveland Indians
Feb 27, 2013123456789RHE
Seattle (4-1)0122003008122
Cleveland (3-2)100000101350
W: Blake Beavan (1-0) L: Josh Tomlin (0-1)

Cleveland suffers loss at the hand of 3 Home Runs

Josh Tomlin is currently competing for a spot on the rotation this spring and his first outing did not appear well. Tomlin failed to reach the standard 4.0 innings going 3.2 innings with 7 hits and 5 earned runs allowed. Tomlin showed signs of control issues giving up 2 long bombs, including a 2 run jack to Mariners outfielder Michael Morse (pictured above)

Speaking on behalf of the team Michael Anthony had this to say:

Anthony: "We aren't going to base our decisions on one outing. Josh struggled but that is what Spring Training is for. Dave (Dave Carson - Pitching Coach) is working with him and that is why we do this. He was coming out of his delivery at different release points and tipping his pitches too often. We will work with him and I have confidence he will improve. Otherwise I saw some good things today and that is what we focus on. Trying to improve the good and eliminate the bad. Bourn stole 2 bases and his legs look fresh this Spring. We are still looking for that pop in the bat for the middle of our lineup and that is what I am currently scouting among our roster and others. For now if we have to manufacture runs I am confident in our ability to do so."

Cleveland will send Brett Myers to the mound Thursday as he and company get a look at the Texas Rangers and Yu Darvish.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Cleveland Indians at Texas Rangers
Feb 28, 2013123456789RHE
Cleveland (4-2)001100100390
Texas (5-1)0110000002110
W: Cody Allen (1-0) L: Martin Perez (0-1) S: Chris Perez (2)

Indains Close Out February with a Win

Surprise, AZ - Coming from the spring home to the Texas Rangers the Cleveland Indians just finished out the month of February at 4-2. The team has been a surprise this spring boasting a lot of talent from the farm system and strong contributions from the new faces signed last off-season.

Brett Myers who was attempting to rebound from his first start of the spring pitched fairly well according to manager Terry Francona.

Francona: "Brett had a decent day. Right now we have him working on his control of his secondary pitches and while giving up some hits he didn't walk anyone today. We are hoping to continue work with him on his cutter and slider, two pitches he struggles to control the most. If things go according to plan then I think heading into opening day you'll see a much stronger Brett Myers, maybe one we haven't seen since 2010."

Well Terry Francona is certainly optimistic and how can he not be thus far? Nick Swisher is producing the last couple games knocking a double for the teams only extra base hit. Also young Tony Wolters showed some speed snagging a base as did Drew Stubbs. Its only early in the spring but Cleveland looks like they may be that competitive team they keep promising they are.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #11
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians
Mar 1, 2013123456789RHE
Chicago (2-5)000220000490
Cleveland (5-2)12010120X7161
W: Trevor Bauer (1-0) L: Jason Berken (0-1) S: Chris Perez (3)

Indians win again behind Brantley Home Run

Goodyear, AZ - That is right folks, the Cleveland Indians continue to impress this spring. Today saw quality pitching combined with disciplined offense. Justin Masterson took the mound for his second start this spring and threw 4.0 innings allowing 2 runs with 4 hits. Following him Cleveland sent out Trevor Bauer a man this team is hoping can make the bullpen this season or even potentially come in and pitch as a 5th starter. Over his 3.0 innings of work Bauer allowed 2 runs off a home run and 3 hits. It was Chris Perez who picked up the save his 3rd of the spring once again allowing no one to reach in the 9th.

On the offensive side Michael Brantley had a great night going 4-5 with a double, home run and 3 RBIs. RBIs were also contributed by Bourn, Santana, Cabrera, and Stubbs. However, not all is positive. Speaking with Terry Francona he had this to say:

Francona: "Following an MRI we have confirmed that Nick Swisher suffered a pulled groin. The injury is likely to plague him for a week and we have been advised to rest him. It is only a minor pull and he will return this spring. In the meantime first base will be manned in alternations of Mark Reynolds, Jason Giambi, and Matt LaPorta as we try and figure out which men will be staying with the team opening day. Thank you."

Cleveland certainly concerned with Swisher but good news it would seem being minor. Cleveland will again play here at Goodyear when the Padres visit. Ubaldo Jimenez will get his second start of the spring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

San Diego Padres at Cleveland Indians
Mar 2, 2013123456789RHE
San Diego (3-3)000001000151
Cleveland (6-2)01301011X780
W: Corey Kluber (1-0) L: Cory Luebke (0-2)

3 Straight for Cleveland

Goodyear, AZ - Before people start freaking out and yelling it is only spring training lets remember that spring plays crucial into the regular season in terms of confidence and team unity. Two factors of which the Indians currently have plenty of. They have confidence in their bats as well as their pitching. Today's showing by Ubaldo Jimenez has the pitching staff and team alike excited for the season as he looks in tremendous form. Following his first good outing Jimenez came out and threw a scoreless 4 innings for the Indians while surrendering 3 hits and a walk as well as striking out 5. Jimenez has 4 starts remaining this spring but things are looking up.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 23

Great job so far. I'll be following.

Looking to start my Tribe Franchise soon

psn - CeeGee
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Great job so far. I'll be following.

Looking to start my Tribe Franchise soon
Thanks man glad to have you. I'll be keeping an eye out for yours as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »