Home

All Aboard the Bandwagon - A 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty

This is a discussion on All Aboard the Bandwagon - A 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #281
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: All Aboard the Bandwagon - A 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty

In real life? Probably something stupid knowing this team and they're have exactly no interest in RR cool J, but I could see Gose being of use to the A's knowing that Crisp is likely gone. It'd be stupid but hey, AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #282
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

"It hasn't happened at Fenway park, for 95 years, the Red Sox, are world champions!"

Alex shut off his TV. What a ****ing miserable season. This had to be the .001% percentile projection. The perfect storm of suck.

It had all started off so well, too. Well, minus the rough start. But we had been 16 games over .500. Leading the division. Comfortably in a playoff spot.

So how in the hell had we managed to go 34-64 in our final 98 games?

In what kind of a world does Brandon Morrow's nervous system explode, Jose Bautista blow out a hip, and Colby Rasmus get hit in the eye by his own freaking teammate?

In what kind of a world does a team projected to go to the World Series win .360% of their last 100 games?

There was a curse, he decided. There had to be. It was the only explanation. No team in this city could win.

But he would be damned if he didn't give it one last shot.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #283
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Editor's note

So, if you're still here, you're probably wondering what the hell that was about.

Well, as I've been trying to avoid posting for a solid few weeks, my save file appears to be... gone. That's the best I got. It's gone. Finito. Disappeared into thin air. Actually, most of my save files disappeared in MLB 13. I actually had the time to post too, which is just the cruelest part.

So I don't quite know where to go from here. I have *quite* a bit of data saved about my franchise - it pays to be prepared. I should be able to replicate my rosters if I choose to continue this next year. Thing is, I don't know if I will.

These dynasties are fun. Posting about your exploits on your favorite games is a fun past time. But it takes a lot of time and effort, and unfortunately, I don't have the time to deal with posting and technical difficulties and all the behind the scenes crap that goes into attempting to not have to write this message at the end of every dynasty.

So yeah, this is dead. Done. Sometimes there's nothing you can do. From here, I have to make a decision, I guess. I've been finding myself playing less and less video games, lately. I've played NHL 14 maybe 2 or 3 times and it sucks, it really does. But that's life. Life is what happens when you're making other plans. And life has certainly happened. So come spring, maybe I'll get back in that baseball video game mood, and start pumping out the updates once every blue moon again. And I say baseball video game mood, because I'll never not be in a baseball mood.

But maybe I won't be. Maybe I'll be studying in my free time instead of striking people out. I can't tell you, because I would have to know to be able to tell you. And I don't know.

What I do know, though, is that I had a ton of fun doing this. From heated arguments over trades, to looking back with regret over moves and pride with others. And not just in this game, in MLB 12, as well. I'm also extremely glad I abandoned back story this year because that would have sucked. Playing every game made it a lot more fun this year. It really gives you a connection to your dynasty, and I'm glad I had a few people interested enough to follow along.

So farewell for now, folks who are still following. The folks I've argued about trades with, or argued in general with. The folks I've researched and worked with on things outside of my dynasty relating to MLB: The Show. All you wonderful OS folk.

We only part to meet again. ~John Gay

One last time, thanks for reading.
AC
Old 11-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #284
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Kind of a depressing post. I feel bad you lost your save file. That always stinks.

Hopefully, you find time to post next spring.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #285
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Maybe I'll be studying in my free time instead of striking people out.
My deepest condolences about your save file. It would be terrible to have that happen.

About your either/or statement, take it from someone who's been through college, graduate school, and works a full-time job that you will always have time to strike people out on the side. #chocolatemilk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #286
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Hey man everything happens for a reason. Thanks for all of your help with the trades in my franchise.

Life really does take over but it's nice to have something to do in free time. Enjoyed your work and look forward to the future!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #287
MVP

OVR: 25

Man, I know the feeling... Keep your head up! Always next year!

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »