Home

"Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

This is a discussion on "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #57
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

Up in Miami Park's announcers booth with MLB Network's Bob Costas and Barry Larkin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Costas
Hello folks! Thank you for tuning in on this MLB Network special as we bring you the Double-A Southern League All-Star Game here in Miami Florida! Here with former MLB Network Analyst Barry Larkin! Now Barry, in this All-Star Game, who is the one player you will be specifically watching?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Larkin
Well Bob, first I just want to say thanks for bringing me back here! Anyways, I think I'm speaking for all the viewers at home and in the stadium when I say that the spotlight is on the starting third basemen for the Southern League South All-Star Team, Carl Kent! Not only has his performance been extremely more unrealistic than a video game with 50+ HR's, 140+ RBI's, and an amazing average over .530, but he also has a great story that will be based upon his performance! And Bob, to those who don't know yet, could you please elaborate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Of course Barry! Carl has made a huge promise to a close friend of his named Chet Liebovich, and that promise is that he would hit two home runs tonight for him after Chet saved his life in New York following the Future's game where Chet jumped in front of a launched grenade that would amputate his leg on the spot, saving Carl's life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Sorry Bob, I don't mean to interrupt but this is basically the same situation as in he early 1920's and '30's where Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig promised to hit two home runs for sick kids as well. Now, we know Chet is not a little kid but losing a leg is good enough. Anyways, Bob, if Carl can make his promise, do you think we'll be seeing a future Babe Ruth, or Lou Gehrig in he making?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Barry, that is a huge question to ask someone, but I'll reply with an even bigger answer. I believe that if Carl can keep up what he's doing in Double-A and put it into the MLB, then I believe that he could be better than the Babe and Iron Horse. Actually, I think he could be the greatest player of all time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Okay Bob, that is a huge statement to make for a kid like Carl, and someone in the AA level. We don't even know if he'll get there. I mean he did almost die in New York. I pray he doesn't end up like Brian Cole, but lets hope for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Well said Barry, and without further adieu, I'd like to announce that All-Star games first pitch is about to arrive, we'll be right back with the game!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
We're back in the bottom of the second where we would have Carl Kent leadoff this half of the inning. The score nothing to nothing through an inning and a half. Carl steps in the box.
As Carl stepped in he looked at Chet and gave him a wink, and stepped into the box. Southern League North All-Star starting pitcher Villanueva would start the wind-up to start the inning, the pitch...Strike one called! A first pitch slider to Kent. Carl stepped out of the box and thought in his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl's Mind
First pitch slider, okay, the next pitch ought to be fastball... Anything other, I'm not swinging.
Carraway stepped on the rubber and awaited Kent to step in the box.. Kent stepped in the box he knew what he wanted to see, and knew it was coming. Carraway began his wind-up, lifted his leg and bought his momentum towards the plate as he released the baseball sliding out of his fingertips, Carl loaded and...

Spoiler
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #59
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Nice two homer all star game!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #60
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

What difficulty settings are you on?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
What difficulty settings are you on?
Hall Of Fame Hitting, all sliders are normal [except for pitch speed (up all the way) and solid hits (only down one)].
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #62
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank is the Tank
Hall Of Fame Hitting, all sliders are normal [except for pitch speed (up all the way) and solid hits (only down one)].
And you're hitting .550. Holy jeebus.

I suggested this to Royals last year, why don't you try playing on the maximum difficulty (stacked HOF sliders) for a couple games just for fun? Royals managed to pull out a W. That would be kinda cool to see.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
And you're hitting .550. Holy jeebus.

I suggested this to Royals last year, why don't you try playing on the maximum difficulty (stacked HOF sliders) for a couple games just for fun? Royals managed to pull out a W. That would be kinda cool to see.
Actually .531, but still hahaha!

And what do you mean when you say stacked? All the way up? Or down?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #64
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank is the Tank
Actually .531, but still hahaha!

And what do you mean when you say stacked? All the way up? Or down?
The maximum difficulty. So, pitch speed would be all the way up, but contact would be all the way down, for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »