Home

Win For Vin | Los Angeles Dodgers Franchise

This is a discussion on Win For Vin | Los Angeles Dodgers Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Win For Vin | Los Angeles Dodgers Franchise

MLB 13 The Show
Rosters: OS v2
Difficulty: All-Star

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Win For Vin | Los Angeles Dodgers Franchise

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Vin Scully To Retire At Seasons End

LOS ANGELES, CA - It is a sad sad day today as the Los Angeles Dogers long time play-by-ply man Vin Scully has announced today that he will be stepping down as the voice of the Dodgers.

"The time has come. The team hasn't won anything since 1988 and I have seen some bad versions of this team and some good ones but I don't think I have enough in the tank to keep coming back" Scully said "My last wish is to have the Dodgers win just one more title" he added.

The news spread quickly through the clubhouse and players and coaches were just as surprised about this as anyone.

"He will be missed thats for sure" Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly said "It will be weird not looking up in the press box and giving Ol' Vin boy the nod" he added.

The team has dubbed the phrase "Win for Vin" as the mantra of the season.

"We came up with that ourselves" Matt Kemp said "We would love to send him off with just one more" he added.

It shouldn't take something like this to motivate a team but apparently in California it does. Should be an interesting season to say the least.

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Colletti Gets The Axe In Favor of CW

LOS ANGELES, CA - It was announced today that the Los Angeles Dodgers have fired General Manager Ned Colletti. The moves comes just minutes after long time play-by-play man Vin Scully announced his retirment. Coincidence?

"We have decided to part ways with Ned immediately. We have hired Captain Wright (CW) and he will start right away" Dodgers Management said "CW was heavily scrutinized after his brief stay in Kansas City with questionable trades but we thought he deserved a second chance" they added.

CW was General Manager of the Kansas City Royals for about a day before other members of the message board he posted on didn't like the deals he was making because he was taking advantage of the CPU.

"It is one of those things that I hope is behind me" CW said "I made one move that as borderline and then I kept going and going. I know it wasn't something I should have done but that is what happens when you take over a team you really don't know all that well" he added.

The Dodgers have tried many things in the past to bring them back to glory and nothing has worked. This seems to me like another gimmick but it may be what they need to get over the hump.

"I am excited to get to work with this guy" Manager Don Mattingly said "He is a guy who loves the game and he will bring some energy to a stale clubhouse" he added.

We are hoping that we don't have a repeat of the Kansas City deal and we feel confident that it won't happen again but anything can change if they stumble out of the gate and start slow.

"The goal is to win" CW said "I know that there will be some people that won't want to follow this but I an tell you that I am putting in the effort to make this as interesting as I can in hopes to attract readers" he added.

Season is right around the corner. Lets get it going.

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-09-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Nice write ups to start. I'll be following.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »