Home

Diary of Matthew Griffin | Aspiring MLB Pitcher

This is a discussion on Diary of Matthew Griffin | Aspiring MLB Pitcher within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Diary of Matthew Griffin | Aspiring MLB Pitcher

Note: My computer is down. Will add graphics later.

I've never done a baseball diary. Please feel free to let me know how I'm doing.

I'm using MLB 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Matthew Griffin | SP | #52

Stats:
Bats: R
Pitches: R
6'2"
206 lbs
Hometown: Tipp City, Ohio
Birthday: July 3, 1990
College: Wright State University

Walkout Song: "Bad Company" by Five Finger Death Punch

Twitter @FastballGriffin

I began playing baseball just like any other kid. Little league, with my dad being the coach. He was harder on me than any other kids because let's face it, that's the way it goes. He can't yell as loud at the other kids. And he didn't have them at home with him.

He wasn't abusive, or the parent that is ridiculously too hard on his kid. He rode me, but just knew I was better than I would play sometimes. Lets face it, when you're playing little there are times you're more interested in an airplane flying over, or the free soda you get at the end of the game.

I was always a good outfielder. Right field mostly. Not bad at hitting, and one hell of an arm. If you hit to me, you better not turn that corner, because I'd have thrown you out. But in high school, things changed.

Our all-star pitcher, Tyler, got drilled in the face with a line drive. He was a great pitcher. Honestly, the best our school had seen. And the best they had. Other than him there was a chubby kid named Clint, who could only throw a fast ball, and a guy named Colton. Colton only wanted to play baseball because he knew girls just liked the way we looked in the pants.

I'll never forget the sound when the ball hit Tyler in the face. It was disgusting. Blood went everywhere. His mom shrieked. Then fell over in terror. His dad jumped off the bleachers and sprinted to his son, not realizing he broke his ankle when he landed.

Coaches surrounded the downed teenager. I think they were concerned for the kid, but also concerned about the pitching. It's sad, but true.

Tyler never played again. In fact, he never walked again. He's still in a wheel chair. His parents have to feed him every meal. It's horrible. I stay in touch with him. It's a heart breaking situation.

We lost that game terribly. None of us were in the game at all. Fresh blood was still on the pitcher's mound. I think we lost 17-4. The next week at practice coach came up to me. That's when he asked me the question that changed my life forever.

"You ever thought about pitching son?"

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 05-16-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Diary of Matthew Griffin | Aspiring MLB Pitcher

Wow man great start to this. Is this a true story or something you've come up with? Impressive writing skills!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Something I came up with.

I appreciate it. Always enjoy feedback. I love writing.

I made him a twitter too. Lol. Sometimes you'll see things on the twitter I haven't posted on here yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue

I made him a twitter too. Lol. Sometimes you'll see things on the twitter I haven't posted on here yet.
You know I will be following. Like you made the jump from football to baseball. However with NCAA14 coming out, you might see me back on the football boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue

Well you've got yourself a guaranteed follower!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Thank you.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Did I ever think about pitching? No. Hell no. I was outstanding at right field. Everyone knew me. Girls loved me! I always got asked out, and if I'd say no, they'd try to convince me. It was great!

I felt the team staring at me. It was quiet in the locker room. An odd feeling. Coach was holding a ball in both of his warn hands. He was expecting an answer. They all were, and I know it wasn't the one I wanted to give. But how could I say no? How could I not step up for this team after the tragedy of what happened out there on the pitcher's mound?

"I'd love to be a pitcher for this team coach," I said putting my hand out to receive the ball he was holding.

The old man looked down at my hand. His bushy gray eyebrows hiding his eyes as he tilt it down. He finally looked back up to me and smiled. He placed the ball into my hand and smiled. After a pat on the shoulder and a wink, he passed the job onto me. Instead of practicing pop ups and batting I was going to be throwing fastballs and curves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »