Home

Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

This is a discussion on Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #41
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

End Of April Recap

Well, our first month of baseball has finished up and we have the updates. It was a great month for baseball, as the A's went 9-0 before falling. You'll see how bad.

MLB Batting:
MLB League Leaders - Updated: May 1, 2014
AL Batting AverageAVG.NL Batting AverageAVG.
1. Dustin Pedroia (BOS).3901. Ryan Zimmerman (WAS).392
2. Nolan Riemold (BAL).3652. Carlos Gonzalez (COL).361
3. Alex Gordon (KC).3593. Kevin Frandsen (PHI).351
4. Josh Hamilton (LAA).3544. Lucas Duda (NYM).348
5. Michael Bourn (CLE).3465. Travis d'Arnaud (NYM).348
AL Home RunsHRNL Home RunsHR
1. David Ortiz (BOS)91. Andrew McCutchen (PIT)9
2. Will Middlebrooks (BOS)92. Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)9
3. Ian Kinsler (TEX)83. Matt Holliday (STL)6
4. Jesus Montero (SEA)84. Pablo Sandoval (SFG)6
5. 3 Tied (Moss, Rios, Beltre)65. Matt Kemp (LAD), Ryan Braun (MIL)6
AL Runs Batted InRBINL Runs Batted InRBI
1. David Ortiz (BOS)221. Andrew McCutchen (PIT)20
2. Ian Kinsler (TEX)222. Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)19
3. Billy Butler (KC)213. Ike Davis (NYM)16
4. Jesus Montero (SEA)214. Carlos Quentin (SD)16
5. Chris Young (OAK), WMB (BOS)195. Pablo Sandavol (SFG), Brandon Phillips (CIN)16
MLB Slugging PercentageSLG%MLB Stolen Bases SB
1. Andrew McCutchen (PIT).7741. Coco Crisp (OAK)16
2. Giancarlo Stanton (MIA).7122. Michael Bourn (CLE)14
3. Ian Kinsler (TEX).7113. Jason Bourgeois (PIT)9
4. Carlos Gonzalez (COL).6944. Billy Hamilton (CIN)8
5. Jesus Montero (SEA).6565. 4 Tied (Gardner, Jennings, Miller, Reyes)7

MLB Pitching:
MLB League Leaders - Updated: May 1, 2014
AL WinsWNL WinsW
1. Clay Buchholz (BOS)41. Matt Garza (CHC)5
2. Zach Britton (BAL)42. Zack Greinke (LAD)4
3. 10 Tied33. Josh Beckett (LAD)4
4. 34. 12 Tied3
5. 35. 3
AL StrikeoutsKNL StrikeoutsK
1. Yu Darvish (TEX)471. Clayton Kershaw (LAD)43
2. Brandon Morrow (TOR)362. Stephen Strasburg (WAS)42
3. Josh Johnson (BOS)343. Matt Garza (CHC)37
4. Justin Verlander (DET)334. Josh Beckett (LAD)33
5. James Shields (TEX)305. Yovani Gallardo (MIL)32
AL Earned Run AverageERANL Earned Run AverageERA
1. Zach Britton (BAL)1.061. Josh Beckett (LAD)0.25
2. Yu Darvish (TEX)1.132. Jon Niese (NYM)0.86
3. Luke Hochevar (KC)1.333. Jacob Turner (MIA)0.96
4. Chris Sale (CWS)1.334. Brandon McCarthy (ARI)1.27
5. Doug Fister (DET)1.385. Clayton Kershaw (LAD)1.29
MLB WalksBBMLB SavesSV
1. Jeff Karstens (COL)21. John Axford (MIL)10
2. Anibal Sanchez (DET)22. Jose Veras (PIT)10
3. Eric Stults (MIA)33. Rafael Betancourt (COL)10
4. Felix Hernandez (SEA)34. Carlos Maromol (CHC)8
5. Wei Yin Chen (BAL), John Lannan (PHI)35. Joel Hanrahan (TB)8

Prospect of The Month:
David Gerrit 18, 1B, Portland: David Gerrit had a stellar first month of the baseball season. He went .357/.400/.500 in 56 ABs. He also hit 2 homers and 17 RBIs. Gerrit was drafted 6th overall in lasts years draft, and is known for his lengendary power. His discipline was a major concern, but he hasn't showed any problems with that in his first month as he has only struck out 6 times. It was a tough descision between him and 3B prospect Garin Cecchini, but ultimatley, his numbers were better.

Prospect Rankings After Month 1:
1. Xander Bogaerts, 21, SS, Boston (Last time he will appear on this list with .046 days of service. Technically shouldn't be on this list)
2. David Gerrit, 18, 1B, Portland
3. Garin Cecchini, 22, 3B, Pawtucket
4. Austin Hedges, 21, C, Portland
5. Matt Barnes, 23, RHP, Pawtucket
6. Deven Marrero, 23, SS, Pawtucket
7. Henry Owens, 21, LHP, Portland
8. Caleb Stephenson, 20, LHP, Portland
9. Travis Shaw, 23, 1B, Portland
10. Paul Zinn, 18, INF, Greenville

Notables:
Jose Vinicio, Ed Herndon, Jon Denney, Blake Swihart, Richard Fransisco

Player of The Month:
David Ortiz, DH: Ortiz was doing what Papi does. He led the AL in 2 of the 3 Triple Crown catagories, homers and RBIs. He has really been a big impact on the team and is one of the reasons we have 15 wins. 9 homers and 22 RBIs later, Ortiz may not retire at the end of the year as we suspect. We'll talk more to him about that!

Notable Injuries:
Note: IL=Impact Level
Matt Wieters, BAL, Dislocated Ankle. 6+ Month; Indefinite/IL:High
Alex Rodriguez, NYY, Fractured Hand. 1-2 Months; 60-day DL/IL: Low
Jake Peavey, CWS, Strained Pectoral. 1-2 Weeks; 15-day DL/ IL: Medium
Mike Trout, LAA, Broken Leg. 1-2 Months; Indefinite/ IL: Very High
Dustin Ackley, SEA, Torn Calf. 1-2 Months; 60-Day DL/ IL:High
Mike Olt, TEX, Fractured Leg. 1-2 Months; 60-day DL/ IL:High
Jason Heyward, ATL, Torn ACL. 6+ Months/ IL: Very Very Very High
'
Man, Mike Trout continues his injury problems. But Jason Heyward was a huge blow to the gut for Atlanta. Samme with Matt Wieters to Baltimore.

Note: I am going to make a blog to update ALL transaction so I don't have to waste space here. Please check it out every now and then to see what happens! (I will still post all major transactions on here!)

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

Last edited by CameRoN0407; 07-13-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #42
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Well, we face the Rays again, only this time at Fenway! De La Rosa makes his first career user-played start. He is 2-0 with an 8+ ERA. He will match up against Chris Archer.

It wouldn't take long for the first score as in the second Wil Meyers would score on a Kelly Johnson double to make it 1-0. Meyers would drive in Loney in the third to make it 2-0. Jennings would be driven in thanks to a KJ hit in the 5th (see a pattern?). Profar would then hit an inside the park home run to make it 5-0.

The Sox wouldn't stay silent though, in the 6th the Sox would shine. Pedroia would start it off with a double that scores Evereth Cabrera. Bogaerts would score Pedroia from third (after being advanced). Then Gattis would seal the 6th off smoothly:

His double would make it 5-4 in the sixth. But the Rays wouldn't stay quiet as KJ would score Jennins again to make it 6-4. Now to the ninth, same score. The Rays would use to OOGYs to get the first two outs, and then...

Hanrahan would get the third out and garner the save in only 0.1 innings of work. Sorta a wimpy move by Tampa, but it worked. 6-4 final.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Nolan Reimold??

He's good in both games then.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 25

Tampa signed Hanrahan? Man... they've been flying under the radar as a big market team for quite some time. In mine, they managed to sign Brian McCann and Cory Hart, something fishy is going on down there.

I think it's time for an audit.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #45
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Nolan Reimold??

He's good in both games then.
He's more of a hit-for-average guy with an SSS. Maybe he'll keep it up and take over for the loss of Markakis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Tampa signed Hanrahan? Man... they've been flying under the radar as a big market team for quite some time. In mine, they managed to sign Brian McCann and Cory Hart, something fishy is going on down there.

I think it's time for an audit.
They STOLE Hanrahan from me. I had him locked up and then Tampa swooped in and got him. They are getting money, and alot of it. It is making our FO question what is going on there. They now have Profar so they became that much more scary.

Also, have you seen Texas' rotation? Darvish/Price/Shields/Ogando

Cincy is better: Latos/Cueto/Lester/Chapman/Bailey. I would love to see them in the WS

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #46
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Danny, Andrew, Ben, and the 4 boys were on there way to an emergency meeting. Tuffy was the only one who knew what it was about, as he is the one who called it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
OK men. We might find ourselves in a very tight situation. There has been a rumor that Bud Selig might step down. If he does, we might go into a lockout. But even worse, the replacement Commish would be someone I have a bad rep with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Wait, how is that worse than a lockout?
Quote:
Because the commissioner can do whatever he wants to make us lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Who is it!
Quote:
Jonathan Mariner, current COO of the MLB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny (of the 4 boys)
What is your problem with him? I've met him and he seemed like a pretty cool guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny T.
Well...*Epic Flashback scene* ... It was 5 years ago, to this day. Mariner was the COO of baseball, and I was a 17 year old high school prospect out of Rhode Island. Mariner came to RI to see me pitch against our rivals, the Lions. I have no clue why he was there. Anyways, I was our ace and this was my last game before I was eligible for the draft, so I wanted to make this special. Then I saw him approach me, he sat down next to me as I was trying to gain confidence for the game. I was really mad at him for ruining this for me. Then he started talking. He said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner of the past
Kid, you think your good, you have no future. I've seen those 'roids you took, you're nothing without 'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny T. continuing
I hadn't taken 'roids at all in my HS career. I looked at him straight in the eye and called him a mother effer. He looked back and smiled, so I threw a punch. There was between 9-12 MLB scouts there, and they all saw it. I got arrested and was never drafted that year because of my "anger issues". It was all over the paper. Headlines read "Boy punches MLB exec. in the face, banned from baseball for 5 years" Just this year I was able to get into the MLB again, but this time I had founded my multi-billion dollar company, and bought out the Sox.
When Danny came back from the flashback, everyone was slouched foward, eyes closed.

Quote:
Did you guys hear me?
Every shot right up and said "Yes boss" in unison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
What would the lockout mean?
Quote:
It would be a contract and CBA lockout. So everyone can become a Free Agent if that isn't fixed. And a new CBA would be put in effect.
"Dammit!" They all said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
We have to have a meeting with the boys.
Quote:
We have to call in all major pieces first, to discuss a new contract if that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
So Pedroia, Ortiz, Bogaerts, JBJ, and prospects?
Quote:
Let's not worry about that now. There is a very small chance that will happen. Selig isn't stupid enough to do that. No we have to get to LA for our series with the Angels. Meeting over.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #47
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

It's our postseason rivals, in the regular season! The Anahiem Angels. They are a great team roster-wise, but have a horrid record. They still have time to turn it around though. It's a matchup of the aces as Weaver will face Buchholz in game 1 of the 3 game set.

Pujols would get it started in the 3 AB of the inning on a home run. I am really scared of Pujols. Every game I pitch to him he hits a homer. But that would make it 1-0. Pedroia would answer that in the 3rd as he drives in Evan Gattis from second. But Trumbo would hit the Angel's second homer 2-1 in the 4th.

Ortiz would join the home run fest as he would hit the Sox's first in the 4th as well. 2-2. But Blake DeWitt would drive in Rhode Island native Chris Ianetta in the 7th. Borjous would score an a safe call at first on a botched double play ;later in the inning. Pujols would hot another home run in the 8th. But they wouldn't stop as Ianetta would drive in Hamilton from second to make it 6-3 in the ninth.

Madson would do just that. The only reliever they used, would come in and get a 1-2-3 inning to get another number in the save column, and put another number in the team's win column.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #48
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Well, in honor of our loss of nowitsourtime, I broke the play 1 sim 5 rule and played game 1 of this series. This game was right after the last game of the Angels series, so I only simmed the last game of that series (Josh Johnson) and played Felix Doubronts start. It was also a win-win because the schedule is better for me as I get to play teams I wouldn't have if I would've continued the pattern. For example, our next game is vsOak, then @Tor, then @Was (I really wanted to play them anyway.)

Today's pitching matchup consists of Daniel Hudson and Felix Doubront in Arizona. Former Red Sox RF Cody Ross would dsrive in Adam Eaton to make the first run in the first. But Victorino would drive in JBJ in the third. 1-1.

In the fifth, Pennington scored on an Eaton hit, and next AB, Hart drove in Eaton to make it 3-1. Doubront allowed 3 runs on 6 innings. Hart would bat in the 8th vs. Bailey who has allowed only 1 run in 12 games. He would alow his second on a Cory Hart homer.

4-1 in the ninth. David Hernandez would come in for the save in the ninth, but Bogaerts would get a leadoff single. Rios would also get a single in the next AB. Ross would break the small string with a K. But I guess manager Kirk Gibson had seen enough of Hernandez and brought in veteran J.J. Putz. Zobrist would pitch hit for Bailey, and ground out. But that would advance runners to second and third. Bogaerts would score on a Pennington error that would also allow Bradley to get to first, and Rios to third. Now here comes Victorino. He would draw a full count, and then...

Spoiler

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »