Home

Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

This is a discussion on Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #65
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Under New Managment: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

It's baseball day, on my real birthday! We are taking on our AL East counterparts the Baltimore Orioles. Josh Johnson comes up for us, and he has been very very bad for me with a 4.43 ERA. We will go up against Zach Britton, who has been the complete opposite of Johnson.

Pedroia would get to Britton early on a 2 run homer. But an E2 in the second would allow Adam Jones to score. Betemit would score on a sac fly later that inning. And Kurt Suzuki would top off the inning with a 2 run homer. 4-2 after 2 innings.

To the fourth, WMB scored on a Rios Double that advanced Bog to third. Bog woyld score on a fielder's choice initiated by Ben Zobrist.

To the fifth, Chris Davis would hit a 2 run bomb, but Pedroia would answer back on his second 2 run bomb of the night. In the 6th, Valencia would end Johnson's night as he scored Manny Machado on a double.

Johnson has really been a pain in the ***. We signed him to a 4 year, 22.3mm contract, and he's showing that we made a mistake. His next few starts will determine if he should stay in a Red Sox uni, or will be shopped around at the deadline.

Let's get back to the game. In the 8th, Rios would score on a Ben Zobrist triple. Zobrist would later be driven in by catcher Evan Gattis to give the Red Sox a late 8-7 lead.

Storen in for the ninth. Casilla would leadoff with a double, and advance to third on a sac hit. Adam Jones up, and the last out. 2 strikes in and...

Gattis completely misses the ball, and Casilla would score. This has been happening alot to me lately, as I've never seen the catcher completely miss the ball as many times as I have in 13. This was a clutch situation, in which the CPU sorta screwed me. 8-8, and a blown save for Storen.

Nothing would happen in the bottom, so we head to free baseball. It wouldn't take long for the O's to get that run. Kurt Suzuki would come up to bat...

9-8. In the bottom of the 10th, Rios would leadoff with a triple, and Zobrist would get him in on a sac fly to make it 9-9. Nothing else would happen that inning. In the bottom of the 11th, Pedroia would be the winning run on second, with Ortiz on first, and WMB batting. Next thing you know, WMB grounds into a double play. But on the topic of Pedroia, he went OFF today. Pure beast. Here is his line:

MVP candidate, and on top of the Batting Title award, and Silver Slugger 2B.

In the 12th, Adam Jones would hit a solo homer to give them the lead. But even more importantly, that was the first run Koji Uehara allowed on the season. His ERA is now 0.36.

The Red Sox would get a runner in scoring position with Zobrist up at the plate. Zobrist would run the count full. Then he hit it...

Spoiler

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #66
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Spoiler
In my eyes, he is a disgrace to the sport. I might not even let the ******* play in my dynasty again. Same with A-Rod. Speaking of which:

Alex Rodriguez Suspended from Baseball For 150 Regular-Season Games

Alex Rodriguez has been suspended from Major League Baseball, and all affiliates for 150 games. He is also facing a possible void in his contract, which happens to be the largest contract in Sports history. If the contract is voided, the New York Yankees will have cleared up ALOT of cap space. Rodriguez has shown a steady decline in stats, hitting .257/28/75 last year. He has not played a single game this year due to an injury that happened on the last day of spring. This is just the second of 5 possible suspensions coming from the Biogenesis scandal, that has already seen Ryan Braun go down with 65 games.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #67
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

We're facing Oakland again, this time in their ballpark. Tom Milone is on the mound for Oakland, and we send Allen Webster up. We gave Victorino and Zobrist a rest, and replaced them with Iglesias at first, and Evereth Cabrera at right. Let's get this game under way.

Let's start off in an unusual way, defensively. This play was way too godly to pass up. Donaldson would ground to short, with a sure double, but wait:

Wow. Very next pitch, WMB would overthrow the firstbaseman and allow Youkilis to get to second. Way to go Middlebrooks. It would take until the 4th for scoring to start, when Youkilis would drive in Cespedes on a double to make it 1-0.

The Red Sox would score Gattis on a Bogaerts ground out to the first baseman (3U) that would allow him to score. The seventh would be the difference maker though, as Rios drove in Ortiz on a double, WMB scored on a wild pitch (Rios advances to 3rd), and Cabrera would drive in Alex Rios on a single to right. At the end of the inning, the score was 4-1.

To the bottom of the ninth, score hasn't changed, and nor has the pitcher. Webster still in. He got Moss and Young out, but Cespedes would get a hit to keep his team alive. Then, Reddick would ground out to Pedey to end their chances.

Much needed great start for Webster. He had a 4.66 ERA coming in, but left with a 4.22 ERA.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #68
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Rays Acquire Adam LaRoche
By Zach Links [June 21 at 7:14 PM CST]

When news broke of LaRoche being scratched from tonight's lineup against St. Louis, we were on high trade alert. LaRoche has been subject to alot of talks lately, as Washington was reportedly shopping the 34 year old, who will be a free agent at the end of this season. Well, today we got word that he will be wearing Tampa Bay's outfits for the rest of the season, making his second stint in the AL East. LaRoche signed a 2 year extention with Washington at the end of 2012, and that is almost up. He is hitting a slash of .250/.345/.373 in 220 ABs for Washington. The reason for the trade? Well, 3B prospect Anthony Rendon is ready for the bigs, and both Rendon and Zimmerman have been practicing first base. That means one is going to be manning the right side, making no room for LaRoche. Tampa Bay sent Neftali Soto and Stewart Cahill to Washington in turn for LaRoche.

Slew of Top Prospects Being Called Up
By Tim Dierks [June 21 at 9:27 PM CST]

Today, top prospects from around the league have been called up in hype of super 2. We will have a list of all players that got the nod to the Show today.
  • Blue Jays; The Blue Jays called up Anthony Gose and Sean Nolin to the big leagues today. Gose, 23, has a minor league slash of .253/.333/.353 with 2 HR and 24 RBI in 57 games. He also has 11 stolen bases, T-11 in AAA. Nolin, 24, has been raking in Triple-A Buffalo. He is 4-4 with a 2.87 ERA, 3.30 DIPS, and 96 Ks. Those 96 Ks, lead to a 10.2 K/9.
  • Tigers; The Tigers called up top 3B/OF prospect, and top prospect overall, Nick Castellanos. Castellanos (Consensus T-30+ Prospect in baseball) hit a slash of .253/.346/.422 in 57 games (or 225 ABs) in AAA. He had 8 homers, and 29 RBIs. The Tigers have absolutely no LF, and Castellanos will provide them with such.
  • Royals; The Royals recently promoted #3 pitching prospect Martin Perez to the big leagues. Perez, 22, was acquired from Texas along with Louis Sardinas, for the then struggling James Shields. Perez was 3-4, 4.50 ERA, and 47 Ks, but in the majors, he is a career 5-5, 5.14, 40. Let's see how he'll cope.
  • Astros; The Astros called up Delino Deshields Jr. to the MLB. Deshields Jr was hittng .281 on 3 homers, and 28 RBIs. He will most likely take over at left for the injured Chris Carter (Are you happy WTNY?)
  • Marlins; The Marlins called up all 3 top OF prospects. Christian Yelich, Jake Marisnick, and Marcell Ozuna. Yelich, 22, is hitting .319/.385/.505 with 6 homers and 30 RBIs in 188 ABs for AAA New Orleans. Marisnick is hitting .251/.326/.363 on 171 ABs for New Orleans. Marisnick, 22, was acquired in the massive trade with the Blue Jays. Ozuna, 24, is hitting .254/.320/.351 on 3 homers and 30 RBIs in 205 ABs. All will most likely be a big part of this very young team.
  • Nationals; Top prospect Anthony Rendon was called up. Rendon hit .292/.378/.477 on 8 HRs, and 30 ribbys. He, or Zimmerman will likely man first now.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #69
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

It's time for some Houston baseball! 2 years ago, this would be a interleague game. But today, DH's are present, and this is a good sign as Zob and more importantly Papi are in. Astros former top pitching prospect Jarred Cosartis taking the bump, while the struggling Felix Doubront will be up for the good guys.

J.D. Martinez would start the run scoring on a solo shot in the first, that got a stern mad look. In the 2nd, Alex Rios would gain a personal milestone for his career. Hit number 1,600:

Congrats to you Rios! Anywho, to the fourth when the 5'5" Jose Altuve scores on a Matt Dominguez hit. Next inning, Former top prospect Jonathan Singleton hit a 2 run HR. 4-0.

Rios would get hit #1,601 on his 4th triple of the year. Zob would score him on a single next AB. Singleton would strike again in the 7th, on a double that drove in J.D. Martinez. 5-1.

In the 8th, Bogaerts would score on a Zobrist single, and later Jonny Gomes would come in as a pinch hitter for Evan Gattis, and hit a 2 run double that would score Zob and Rios. 5-4.

In the ninth, we would have a scoring chance. Victorino tried to go home on a Pedroia Hit in the gap...

Damn. 1 out later, WMB would come up and ground to the third baseman Dominguez, when...

Man, tough loss to Houston. Overall-wise, the worst team in baseball. Doubront suffers yet another tough game. His time in Boston could be coming up pretty soon. In fact, I thought we saw a few scouts in Boston today...

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #70
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
In my eyes, he is a disgrace to the sport. I might not even let the ******* play in my dynasty again. Same with A-Rod. Speaking of which:

Alex Rodriguez Suspended from Baseball For 150 Regular-Season Games

Alex Rodriguez has been suspended from Major League Baseball, and all affiliates for 150 games. He is also facing a possible void in his contract, which happens to be the largest contract in Sports history. If the contract is voided, the New York Yankees will have cleared up ALOT of cap space. Rodriguez has shown a steady decline in stats, hitting .257/28/75 last year. He has not played a single game this year due to an injury that happened on the last day of spring. This is just the second of 5 possible suspensions coming from the Biogenesis scandal, that has already seen Ryan Braun go down with 65 games.
lmao. Love how it just dawned on you as you were posting to ban A-Roid. lolol

If he hadn't retired in my 'chise, I'd give him a lifetime ban.

I didn't do anything with Braun, since the Brewers are in Wild Card position. But, man, I really want to.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #71
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I didn't do anything with Braun, since the Brewers are in Wild Card position. But, man, I really want to.
Do it anyways, haha. Make things a bit interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #72
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
lmao. Love how it just dawned on you as you were posting to ban A-Roid. lolol

If he hadn't retired in my 'chise, I'd give him a lifetime ban.

I know! I don't like A-Roid.

Debating it still.

The Brewers don't seem to be doing bad w/o him. Still on top the NL Central by 6 games, and 8-4 since losing him. He's a scum to me, so he deserves it nmw.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »