Home

The McGovern Manifesto- The Last Ride

This is a discussion on The McGovern Manifesto- The Last Ride within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The McGovern Manifesto- The Last Ride

is this still going?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
is this still going?
Ahhh yes...

Well, about 20ish days ago, I kicked this thing off anticipating this being the last season (which it absolutely will be). After finishing Spring Training, I tore into the regular season but that flare just wasn't there. I was burnt out and overall not very pleased with the team I had assembled.

During this past month, I've been playing NCAA 13 trying to rebuild the Kansas Jayhawks (to remarkable success) all the while doing school work and working out for baseball. I've also been preoccupied with watching Andrew Wiggins do his thing and the Chiefs attempt to go undefeated and all that. As a direct result, it's been about 3 weeks since I picked up the Show.

That in turn brings me back to this chindig. The interest just isn't there any more to continue this, the ball club was decimated by season ending injuries to Bubba Starling, Justin Upton, Eric Hosmer and James Shields among others before the draft and poor performance by the rest of the squad to the point that it just wasn't fun anymore. I feel strongly about ending it this way but unfortunately, that's how things gotta be. One can only take so many seasons of George McGovern, insane trades and free agent signings and on season #9, I finally cracked. It's been a ride back from the Padres days to the days over here with the Royals but its time to move on which brings me to the good news.

As a result of a suggestion I received earlier this month, I'll be beginning a new franchise with a new team sometime soon. As I mentioned before, it will be with a national league team and following the story of another character. Don't expect blockbusters year in and year out or ridiculous free agent signings as in years past. The team I begin with will virtually remain the same throughout the years with the occasional supplement from a trade, the free agent market or more likely, from the farm system.

The idea is to get through the first season or so on 13 and then move it to 14 and so on and so forth. This attempting to get through 5 or 6 seasons on one game is too much so I feel like switching it across games and consoles is the only logical solution to alleviate this problem.

Currently, I'm still in the early stages of this thing: Writing the storyline, getting familiar with the team, compiling graphics, etc...

A new thread could appear this week at the earliest or early December at the latest.

I hope that all those who've followed me over the course of the McGovern will follow me to the new dynasty.

-Royals19

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 11-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #19
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Sad to see it go as all good things must come to an end. Looking forward to watching you work your magic in a more realistic way though! Will you have the same format though? By that I mean a very detailed off the field storyline?
Old 11-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 25

The Cardinal Way- Crops, Clydesdales and Championships

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »