Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand

Justin Upton would gain the 2015 Postseason MVP Award, and honestly it should have been him all along. Freddie Freeman left us for dead. Heyward had a somewhat better playoff run but Upton flat out won us the Dodgers series. He carried the team all year, and if not for a video game like run by Evan Gattis, it be he and not Evan who would have brought home the Series MVP. Well deserved accolades by him none the less and glad The Show's Real recognized Real..

Evan Gattis 6 homeruns in 4 nights will be a story that will lie in infamy with Furcal stealing home, Prado robbery in the Rockies NLCS battle, Chipper Jones raising the socks up to his knees one more good time. I can't even put it into words how damn magical that run was by Gattis. It got to the point where you just knew if the ball was over the plate, it was going over the fence.

When you can be that dominant. You deserve to be the MVP.

And what's nice about this going into 2016, as alluded to earlier... there may be some shakeups, in 2010 we saw Freddie Freeman kind of emerge as a possible star, and now he's one of the game's best. It be super cool, if the 2015 World Series was Evan Gattis's moment. We will find out if he's ready for the bigger stage as a true player on the team in 2016.

Speaking of 2016. A lot needs to be decided. Will J-Hey stay, or will he wind up in St. Louis? Is Tommy Hanson done as a Brave? Upton needs to be locked in as well, but will the feud between he and Jason Heyward come to a point now that both men are in contract years? Who stays and who goes? And finally, Kris Medlen may be the 2nd best pitcher on the staff, does he follow the money and get his payday elsewhere or take a hometown discount.

Remember per house rule, only 1 guy gets a guaranteed contract, the other free agents get put in the pool and the bidding wars over the winter meetings takes over as king.

I will say this now. There will be changes...

mainly, because of the following piece of information relevant to our story below:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 11:54 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 3

Down a dusty road in the middle of nowheresville, Arizona, a car begins to slow down to a stop. After a few moments of idling the engine turns off. There is an uncomfortable silence.

In the passenger seat blindfolded with a white bandanna over his eyes sits Ted Turner. He appears badly beaten as witnessed by the drip of unwiped blood crusted over the side of his right chin. At hearing the engine turn off, he raises his head off of the hot glass window and looks in the direction of a driver that doesn't exist.

The driver having stepped out of the car, puts his hands on his waist and stretches for a second. It's damn quiet out here. Not a car in sight for miles, and just the sound of dust being blown across the road is the only audible sound in the surrounding area. He walks around the front of the car and bangs on the window with his knuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Man
Wakie, Wakie you son of a bitch...
Ted Turner mumbles incoherently as the door is opened by the unknown man, and Ted falls seemingly on cue out to the ground. The Unknown Man shakes his head and picks him up by his arm pits and raises him haphazardly up to the side of the door as dust flies from the commotion. After another uncomfortable few moments. He reaches into his dingy jeans pocket and pulls out a cold black 9mm.

Quote:
This has needed to be done for quite some time... any last words Mr. Turner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Turner
Don't toy with me..Just do what you have to do.
Quote:
No, No, No... I've waited 5 years for this moment. I've had to endure the embarrassment of Holman "coming back to life" and showing up in that damned courtroom.. The two of you have gotten extra years of grey because of me but that is ok now... Look, you WILL most certainly answer my question of any last words. And then... this ends right here..right now!
Quote:
I just want to know then... did we win?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
... yes, WE won.
Quote:
*sniff*...... very well then
*Click*

The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VII. - The Point Of No Return
- Coming Soon -

Last edited by lilbiggio; 05-30-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #107
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Congrats on the World Series victory.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 25

I know I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to say congrats on the WS victory. Looks like this is going to be the toughest offseason in memoirs history. I'll be interested to see how Ted handles this one.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »