Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part VI. - Lines in the Georgia Sand

17 days have passed brehs...

It's been 17 days, 408 hours, and 12 games in April since Jason Heyward has gone yard. Homerun #99 of his career coming Wednesday night in a ball game vs. the Phillies at Ted Turner's field. It's a bit concerning that Heyward has been struggling to do what this lineup has expected of him for so many years.

Just noting that this season it appears Heyward's mechanics are all kinds of jacked up. The timing has been good, but the stride has been "Just Late". Getting into May and seeing him and the entire lineup still continue to struggle to adjust has been rough, and something is going to have to change whether it's a camera adjustment or getting some at bats in the minors to figure out the approach at the plate.

Philadelphia is currently pulling in the rear of the NL East so tonight's game other than Heyward getting a "fluke" HR was rather uneventful. Mike Minor dominated on the mound only giving up 4 hits in a complete game effort. At the plate, the Braves were relentless on Cliff Lee, knocking him out the game by the 6th inning.

The next game on the docket however my friends, will be a treat!

Kershaw the proven best statistical pitcher in the game versus the up and coming new comer of the league Julio Teheran. This my friends will be a disgustingly good matchup on a Friday night in L.A.

Matching 5-0 records brehs... #1 and #3 in lowest ERA's in the league.

This game has a lot riding on it for Julio... a great performance in Los Angeles could propel him to an All Star berth in his first year of pitching full time for Atlanta.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 06-08-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
MLB.com - Dueling Aces

Pitchers, Clayton Kershaw and Julio Teheran go head to head in a close 2-0 game Friday at Dodgers Stadium. Notice a lot of guys got caught looking, and Mark Ellis got robbed on one strike 3 call. It was Great!
Teheran/Kershaw I. lived up to all the hype as the two pitchers matched each other strike after strike. The first time through the order Kershaw struggled as he gave up a cheap run in the 2nd but recovered quickly as he then retired 4 straight Braves including an impressive 1-2 knockout of Heyward, and Freeman in succession.

Teheran not to be outdone, went through his first 5 untouched as well, although not with the knife of the K, but with a decent pitch selection. The chess on the mound had the Dodger batters not able to make solid contact on any balls and resulted in numerous ground balls to Dan Uggla.

Good game all and all, the 2 runs for the Braves were certainly manufactured. The first run was legged out by the speedy Jordan Schafer on a sac fly to short centerfield that Schafer maybe let it be a little too close for our personal comfort. The game's second run came as a result of Justin Upton getting on base, stealing 2nd on a passed ball. Advanced to 3rd on a fly ball to CF and ultimately scoring on another sac fly. Other than that, that was it... 3 hits given up by Clayton. 6 hits and a shutout by Teheran.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 06-09-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
MVP

I wasn't sure how many games it was going to take or when it was going to happen, so I was prepared to start going BHurst-mode with this project, You know, game by game until the milestone was met. This would include playing every Heyward at bat which those here with good math skills can tell you, this milestone could take quite a bit of time to accomplish.

Thankfully for us, the moment we've been waiting for happened the very next night in the 2nd inning.

Quote:
MLB Tonight - Milestone Watch: Live Look In

Jason Heyward continues his pursuit of homerun #100 Saturday, via a live look in from Dodgers Stadium

Jason Heyward has finally given back to the community for the 100th time in his career. With this tantalizing breaking news update, we can all now move on with our lives.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #20
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks for the shout out.

Now is that 100 home runs for this six-year dynasty or 100 homers combined in real life and this MLB The Show 14 season?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Thanks for the shout out.

Now is that 100 home runs for this six-year dynasty or 100 homers combined in real life and this MLB The Show 14 season?
I was curious too about this, so if you wanna know how many he truly has, I went back and recalculated what I'm calling the "PS3 era stats". It's good that you noticed this man, because the guys who've been reading for a minute aren't getting cheated without seeing the 6 year numbers.

Spoiler

I'll recalculate some other guys that have been on the squad since Day 1 and keep that in mind for the future. I'm thinking Tommy Hanson, Uggla, and Freeman. I'll let the Show 14 take care of the newer players and the rest of the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Good stuff.

I've always wished you could have it so your dynasty players' career stats simply start at 0 at the start of your dynasty. That way when a career milestone is hit, you know you're responsible for it.

Because let's face it before these athletes started playing for me, they were nothing, just people on TV without any meaning in their lives. LOL
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Good stuff.

I've always wished you could have it so your dynasty players' career stats simply start at 0 at the start of your dynasty. That way when a career milestone is hit, you know you're responsible for it.

Because let's face it before these athletes started playing for me, they were nothing, just people on TV without any meaning in their lives. LOL
With the direction The Show is going in now with dynasties carrying over that is a soon to be reality. If they don't do it the way you are suggesting I would like for them to implement some sort of draft import so you could theoretically have historical leagues ala OOTP. Setting stats at 0 could be done then as well.

It's been a few weeks brehs, and it's been 2 weeks since the sticks have been put to use. And as expected there was some rust. Stride is still an issue for our boys although it finally clicked the other day while batting, that each batter has his own individual stride and leg kick, so you can't just go up there with the same rhythm at every at bat.

duh....

Still took the L tho, the rust was too much to overcome as Andrew Cashner rode the Padres to the finish line with 6 K's through 8 hits of shutout ball.

On to the next one..
Old 06-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #24
MVP

At the midpoint of May, the NL East race is starting to shapen up a bit.

The Nationals are leading the way thanks to the 1-2 punch of Stephen Strasburg, and Yu Darvish both among the league leaders in all the important pitching categories that we give a damn about and most certainly the best overall team in the division.

We're sitting back a game, which is not too bad considering we're one sim away from a cold spell. 1 game is certainly doable.

The Mets have hit their mid summer stride and are falling out of the race into the land of milk, honey and Philadelphia.

The Miami Marlins have already packed it in for 2016. Their whole deal of winning 1 out of 3 games per clip just ain't good baseball my friends.

Anyhoo, we get back to Atlanta after a rough game out in Southern California, and responded with a memorable game on the mound from Mike Minor. You knew something great was in store when he had 8 strikeouts in just 4 innings of ball.

Down the stretch, the K's kept racking up, and Minor was brilliantly dancing out of trouble's way. For those taking score, the pitch of choice had to be the Knuckle-Curve that ol' blue seemed to give Minor the zone every single time.

And that's just not fair. Extending the strikezone by another foot caused the Mets batters to start chasing, and once they started to chase, it opened up Mike's slider and the rising fastball. At the end of the night, Minor had collected 13 strikeouts and the Braves were sitting a half game back from the Nationals waiting for their game result later this evening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »