Home

Pride. Power. Pinstripes: New York Yankees Dynasty

This is a discussion on Pride. Power. Pinstripes: New York Yankees Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pride. Power. Pinstripes: New York Yankees Dynasty

Due to me being on vacation for the last two weeks, I'm fast forwarding my franchise progress a bit. I've gone 26-11 in my past 37 games. Overall I'm 39-17 up 6 games on the Toronto Blue Jays in the AL East race. Here are some photos of the past games i've played.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

Really like the presentation. Maybe add box scores. Like the moves you made as well. Seem spot on with typical Yankees fashion. What happened to A-Roid?

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeterFan2
Hey all. Just wondering if you guys/gals could offer some feedback on the presentation of my chise.

Thanks!
I think you do a great job with the presentation, especially for the guy's who like to see pic's. For me I play on PS3, so I tend to stick to more about the back story, give lot's of stats and info on AAA and AA and what not. As a Yankee franchise it's very easy to believe in the signing of big money free agents to keep your team competitive in the AL East, but as a Cubs fan I really have a hard time following Franchises in which people trade for Baez, just because I tend to try and lean toward the realism more then the fantasy side of trades and because of that you probably won't see me comment very often, but I will still check it out every once and awhile just for the nice pic's.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

Thanks for the feedback guys. I used to do box scores, but they took a lot of time to create. Perhaps I can do two a series or so.

As far as the moves I made, I felt as if they were fair but a bit of a fantasy thing. Realistically, the Cubs and White Sox don't give up Baez and Garcia, but I felt that I offerd a great package. Hell I gave up Severino, Pineda, Sanchez and more just to get Baez.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #21
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

The Yankees and Orioles kick off a 3 game set at the beautiful Camden Yards.

Game 1: Scherzer vs. Chen: Scherzer and the Yankees flip Baltimore the Bird.

The Yankees offense was hot from the start in this one. After scoring only 6 runs in the previous series against the Angels, the Yankees put on a clinic versus Wei-Yen Chen. "I'm sorry, but it was like batting practice out there. Hit after hit after hit. You know once the entire lineup can get some hits in it becomes contagious." Lowrie said to reporters after the game. Lowrie finished with 6 RBI's on 3 hits in what clearly was his best game as a Yankee. The game was out of reach by the bottom of the 4th as the Yankees put up another 7 runs in the top half.

After scoring 7 runs in the first, Max Scherzer felt as if he could definitely relax. "A 7-spot before I even take the mound? I'd have a few more wins in my career if i can get that kind of support.", Scherzer said tongue-in-cheek. Although Scherzer was not sharp, he was able to go 5 innings for the win. After the game, manager Joe Girardi explained why he pulled Scherzer after only 5 innings of work, "We wanted to give Max a break and let some of our bullpen guys get some work. There's no point in running your ace out there when the game is in garbage time."

Scherzer's counterpart, Wei-Yen Chen was only able to pitch one inning of work, which left the Orioles' bullpen a considerable amount of work to do. "You're gonna have your games like this. It's important that you have a short memory and just forget it.", said Buck Showalter after the game.

The Yankees will remember this night for the rest of the series and the season.

Game 2: Tanaka and Baez pace Yankees in a close victory

New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles
May 31, 2014123456789RHE
New York (39-17)000001110372
Baltimore (25-34)000000001131
W: Masahiro Tanaka (8-0) L: Miguel Gonzalez (2-3)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSNYYBAL
New York Yankees
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Teixeira
RBI: Baez 2, Beltran
GIDP: Headley
BASERUNNING:
SB: Gardner
CS: Baez
FIELDING:
E: Garcia, Teixeira
Baltimore Orioles
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
RBI: Cruz
GIDP: Davis, Wieters, Bartlett
FIELDING:
E: Schoop
New York Yankees
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Tanaka (W, 8-0)9.03116902.90
TEAM TOTALS9.0311690
Baltimore Orioles
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Gonazlez (L, 2-3)6.14221704.76
Webb1.13111103.31
Patton0.10000006.82
Valverde1.00001003.00
TEAM TOTALS9.0733380

Tanaka was in control from the very start of the game by striking out the side in order. Though he did walk a career high 6 batters, Tanaka felt as if he had the ability to work out of trouble. "I didn't have my best stuff out there today, that's for sure. McCann and I felt as if we had a great gameplan against a potent O's lineup. Be aggressive early in the count and work down when I'm ahead. I felt as if my Splitter/Changeup combo was able to keep them off balance all game long. I wanted the shutout though. That's what makes this victory incomplete. I want to shutout the opposing lineup in every game to give my team a great chance to win", said Tanaka in the locker room interviews.

Tanaka's lone run came in the 9th inning on an RBI single by Nelson Cruz. Tanaka, who is having an up and down year, although undefeated, said that this victory was important in gaining confidence for his next start.

Yankees shortstop Javier Baez provided the first Yankees run in the 6th inning on a single to left field scoring Jed Lowrie from second base. In the 8th inning, Baez lined a single to the right-centerfield gap to give the Yankees a seemingly insurmountable against the closer Tanaka in the ninth. "He's been great for us all year. Sure there's been some growing pains when it comes to the errors and strikeouts, but he's young and I feel like he's learning with each at bat and play on the field.", Girardi said of Baez to interviewers after the game. "When you give up guys like Michael Pineda, Luis Serverino, Mason Williams, Gary Sanchez, and more, you expect a lot in return. So far Baez has been just that and more.", he added.

In the finale of the series, the Yankees will give the ball to struggling 3rd starter Cliff Lee, who enters the game with a losing record and an ERA over 4.00

Game 3: Matt Wieters walk-off home run salvages series for Orioles.

New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles
June 1, 2014123456789RHE
New York (39-18)020001000381
Baltimore (26-34)020000101483
W: Troy Patton (3-3) L: David Phelps (1-1)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSNYYBAL
New York Yankees
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: McCann, Headley
RBI: McCann, Headley 2
SAC: Beltran
BASERUNNING:
SB: Gardner 2
CS: Gardner
FIELDING:
E: Lee
Baltimore Orioles
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Weeks, Wieters, Schoop
HR: Willigham, Wieters
RBI: Willingham 2, Wieters, Schoop
FIELDING:
E: Weeks, Bartlett
New York Yankees
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Lee8.07331714.15
Phelps (L, 1-1)0.01110012.07
TEAM TOTALS8.0844171
Baltimore Orioles
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Gausman5.27331303.59
Chamberlain2.10001103.15
Patton (W, 3-3)1.01000006.60
TEAM TOTALS9.0833240

Yankees starter Cliff Lee gave the Yankees just about all they could ask for. A quality start and going deep into the game. After the Yankees provided Lee with a quick 2-0, he quickly gave it up in the bottom of the second inning on a Josh Willingham 2-run home run. "It was a paint scraper, but hey that's baseball for ya", Lee said after the game.

The score remained deadlocked at 2 a piece until the top of the 6th inning when Chase Headley gave the Yankees the lead on a 2 out double. "Chase had a slow start to the year. But he's been hot as of late and has really carried us offensively in some games.", Girardi said after the game. In his last 10 games, Headley has been batting .349 with 4 home runs and 12 RBIs.

Unfortunately, for Headley and the Yankees, Cliff Lee gave up the lead once again in the bottom of the 7th on a backbreaking, two out, seeing eye single down the third base line past a diving Headley. "You know sometimes you've just gotta tip your cap. These Orioles hitters are aggresive at the plate, so they're going to be able to make contact in places where you think they can't. He was fooled on that change up, I know it, but somehow he got enough of it to get it past Chase.", Lee shrugged and told reporters.

After losing the first 2 games of the series, the Orioles were on the verge of being swept. After a well pitched game by both starters, Matt Wieters lead off the 9th inning with an opposite field home run against Yankees reliever David Phelps. "I knew it was gone from the moment I threw it.", said Phelps angrily after the game. "I don't think it was in a bad spot, but sometimes as a pitcher you just know that the batter will put a good swing on it no matter where it's pitched.", he added.

The rest of the Yankees team and coaching staff were not available for comment as they needed to board a plane for a flight to Atlanta for a 4 game, 2 away and 2 at home series against the Braves.

Last edited by DJeterFan2; 07-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 AM   #22
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

The Yankees and Braves. Two historically great teams kick off a 4 game set starting in Atlanta.

Game 1: The Yankees SuperNova dominates the Braves in series opening win.

The expressions of Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman tell the entire story. Ivan Nova was fantastic in a near complete game effort against the Braves. From the very first inning, Ivan Nova was on his A-game. Limiting the Braves to just 2 hits through the first 4 innings. Whenever he was in trouble, Nova relied on his offspeed pitches to get out of jams. "My changeup was there today, I felt like I could throw it in any count. It didn't matter, I used it to get ahead, to come from behind and work backwards, and to finish off at bats. Gattis got lucky with his paint scraper in the 9th. I hung a curveball, and he did the right thing with it. I REALLY wanted to get the shutout. The most important thing is that we won the game.", said Nova during his post-game interview.

"It was awesome. Anytime you get a pitcher who has his breaking and offspeed pitches working, it makes calling a game that much more fun. Seeing the opposing team have that many off-balance swings was great to see. We'll definitely love to build on this start going forward.", McCann told reporters in the locker room.

On the offensive side of the game, Chase Headley once again lead the Yankees attack with a 2 hit, 2 RBI night at the plate including an important insurance home run in the 9th inning. Girardi spoke highly of Headley once again during post-game interviews, "There he goes again, Chase is heating up. Here's a guy who was left for nothing when we acquired him. At 30 years old, we knew he had plenty left in the tank. We're gonna need his bat to stay hot all season long, especially through the dogs days of summer." In the victory, Javier Baez connected on his 11th home run of the season.

Game 2: Hammel continues Yankees dominant pitching streak. Braves lose game and Beachy.

New York Yankees at Atlanta Braves
Jun 3, 2015123456789RHE
New York (41-18)100000210460
Atlanta (34-21)000000020271
W: Jason Hammel (5-1) L: Brandon Beachy (3-3) S: David Robertson (19)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSNYYATL
New York Yankees
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Beltran, C
HR: Teixeira, M, Cervelli, F
RBI: Ellsbury, J, Teixeira, M, Cervelli, F 2
SAC: Hammel
BASERUNNING:
SB: Gardner, B
Atlanta Braves
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
2B: Franklin, N
HR: Freeman, F
RBI: Freeman, F, Bethancourt, C
BASERUNNING:
SB: Greene, T
FIELDING:
E: Upton, J
New York Yankees
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Hammel, J (W, 5-1)8.072231113.12
Robertson, D (S, 19)1.00000200.47
TEAM TOTALS9.07223131
Atlanta Braves
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Beachy (L, 3-3)0.12110012.92
Santana, E4.11001301.58
Wood, A1.11211216.84
Venters, J0.20000101.05
Avilan, L1.01110204.28
Walden, J1.01000202.28
TEAM TOTALS9.06432102

Jason Hammel pitched 8 innings of 1-run ball en route to his fifth win of the season. The key for Hammel this season has been his impeccable control of the zone. This has lead to a sharp increase in his strikeouts per 9 innings. Joe Girardi commented on the quality of work form Hammel, "I've always thought Hammel has had some of the best pure stuff in this rotation. The Straight Curveball mixed in with his 2-seamer and Changeup are all effective pitches to lefties and righties. It seems like every time we give him the ball he gives us 7 innings or more of 2 run ball. I don't think Hammel has gotten enough respect in his career for being a solid pitcher. He can be a #2 in most rotation. Fortunately, we have the depth here to slide him in at the back of the rotation."

The Yankees offense was lead by Catcher Francisco Cervelli, who got the start at catcher with Brian McCann taking the day off. Cervelli hit a solo home run and added another RBI with an RBI single in the 7th. Cervelli who has been subject to a flurry of trade rumors told reporters that he's, "here to have fun and contribute whenever possible". The Yankees are looking for ways via trade to improve their options at first base and depth at starting pitching. Though, Girardi did say the Yankees are considering calling up first base prospect Chris Villanueva.

Unfortunately, for the Braves organization, the may have lost their starter Brandon Beachy for an indefinite amount of time. Beachy left the game in the first inning after a strikeout of Chase Headley, batting in the 2-hole for today's game. He described feeling discomfort in his pitching elbow. 'You never want to see a guy from any team get injured, I've caught Beachy before of course, he has great stuff and really can be a difference maker for the Braves. I hope he can get back on the mound soon.", said former teammate Brian McCann. Team doctors will evaluate Beachy over the weekend, the Braves organization will be holding the breath and praying for the best.

Game 3: Chase Headley continues hot stretch at the plate, Gardner and Ellsbury also go deep.

Chase Headley has put the Yankee offense on his shoulders as of late. He provided the Yankees with another great game on offense. "I'm feeling great at the plate, I've felt that my work with Rick Shasta our hitting coach has paid off. It's been a tough adjustment from hitting in the NL as compared to the AL, but the ball parks are smaller here to. So that has allowed me to gain some confidence at the plate, knowing that the flyballs I had at Petco Park have a chance here at Yankee Stadium", said Headley after the game.

Headley was outshined at the plate by the Yankees leadoff hitter and center fielder Brett Gardner who hit his fifth home run of the year in the victory to go along with 2 hits and 2 stolen bases. "He's the best leadoff hitter in the game. He's got 38 steals and provides the pop as well. It seems as if he's always getting on base to start the game. Then taking second to get us going. He's got a chance to steal about 90 bases this season. I've never seen anything like it in a long time" Girardi said to the media after the game.

Meanwhile, on the mound, Max Scherzer turned in another excellent start by going 7 innings while striking out 7, earning him player of the game honors. After the game, our reporters caught up with Scherzer, "You know, I'm feeling like I'm the best starter in baseball right now. My velo is good and I'm using my breaking ball a little bit more this season. We're off to a great start as a team and our pitching has been exemplary. From Tanaka and I, to Banuelos, Phelps, Robertson, and the rest of the guys in the pen. It's been something pretty special. We hope to ride this great pitching wave for as long as we can."

The excellent Yankees pitching staff will send Tanaka to the mound in the series finale.

Game 4: Yankees drop the series finale in a see-saw battle.

Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka delievered possibly one of the worst starts of his career on Sunday afternoon. In only 3 innings of work, Tanaka gave up 5 earned runs, 3 of which came on a long home run by Braves outfielder Jason Heyward. "I just didn't have it today. That's all I can say. I only pitched three innings today, so I feel fine, as cliche as it sounds. I need to watch the film and see where things went wrong for me.", said Tanaka after the game. Tanaka left the locker room early to work an additional bullpen session following the rough start.

On offense, the Yankees valiantly tried to pickup their starter. They were able to match the Braves, run for run throughout the first 3 innings of the game. "We've gotta be able to pick up our guys whenever they slip up. The pitching has been great as of late, so a clunker was bound to happen. Today was that day, but unfortunately, we couldn't get the job done.", said Baez after the game. Baez hit his 12th home run of the season en route to a 3 RBI game.

Yankees reliever Manny Banuelos was called on to work the middle innings of the game. Although Banuelos pitched well by all accounts, he was saddled with the loss as he gave up the go-ahead runs in the 6th and 7th inning. "I made a couple of mental mistakes out there. Those are unacceptable. My job is to keep my team in the ball game no matter what. I failed", Banuelos dejectedly told reporters at his locker.

Manager Joe Girardi appreciated the character his ballclub showed by fighting all game long, "We didn't get the win today, but this was a game that built some character for this team. We know we can't win 'em all, but if we're going to lose, we're not going down without a fight". The Yankees were able to get the winning run at the plate in the 9th. However, Braves closer Craig Kimbrel was able to shut the door by striking out Brian McCann to end the ball game.

The Yankees will next welcome Oakland to the Bronx for a four game set.

Last edited by DJeterFan2; 07-30-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #23
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

Yankees to Promote Chris Villanueva and Shane Greene

By: Jack Ross|ESPNNewYork.com [June 6, 2015 at 1:08 pm CDT]

The Yankees have purchased the contract of 23 year old Chris Villanueva from their AAA affiliate, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Through 75 games, Villanueva, put up a triple slash line of .293/.363/.498 with 10 HR's and 45 RBI. It is believed that the Yankees called up Villanueva due to the recent struggles of Mark Teixeira and the lack of bench players. Manager Joe Girardi let reporters now how excited he was about the move. "With Chris being the second piece of the puzzle for our trade, we felt as if he could be a real impact player here in New York. We plan for him to get a solid amount of AB's so I hope he's ready to contribute. He did really well in AAA so we're excited to see what he can bring to the big league club."

Villanueva was acquired along with Javier Baez from the Cubs in a blockbuster trade for RHP Michael Pineda, C Gary Sanchez, OF Mason Williams, 2B Robert Refsnyder, a
nd SP Luis Severino. Villanueva is expected to fill in at 1B and 3B when guys like Chase Headley and Mark Teixeira need days off or in the lineup as the designated hitter. Villanueva is seen as a solid defensive third baseman. Though, he isn't a power hitting corner infielder, the Yankees believe that he will be able to contribute given their deep lineup. The Yankees scouts believe he is can hit for at least a .280 average while providing 15+ home runs each season.

Along with Villanueva, the Yankees have purchase the contract of right-hander Shane Greene from their AA affiliate Trenton Thunder. Greene (pictured) will take the place of recently designated left-hander Matt Thornton. The 26-year old right hander will start the next game for the Yankees. "We feel as if Greene will be a solid major leaguer for us for a long time to come. He's gonna start tomorrow against the A's so I hope he's ready, because we need him to provide us with some quality innings. Our guys in the rotation have gone deep in games lately, so they could use a little bit of a break.", GM Brian Cashman told reporters.

Greene was 9-7 this season between the AAA and AA affiliates posting a 3.28 ERA. He will be the temporary 6th starter in the Yankees rotation. "Starting or in relief, I want to contribute in anyway that I can. As cliche as it sounds. No doubt I want to be a part of the rotation. But I've gotta earn it." Greene is expected to make the start vs the A's tomorrow, then be assigned to the bullpen for the remainder of the season.

As a 15th round selection in 2009, Greene will become the first big leaguer from the school when he makes his debut. Greene pitched 7 shutout innings in his Double-A start. He underwent Tommy John surgery in 2008, and he made some adjustments on the mound in the winter of 2012. The adjustments allowed him to gain more control of his pitches and fire them across the plate with more effectiveness. Additionally, the adjustments has helped lowered his walk rate from 5.1 in 2012 to 3.5 in 2014

Greene features a four-pitch repertoire that includes a 4-seam fastball, a sinker, a plus slider , a passable changeup. The deception in Greene's delivery should help his fastball to appear to be a bit faster than his average 95 mph fastball, which isn't bad to begin with.

Last edited by DJeterFan2; 07-27-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #24
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

Just swept the A's at home in a 4 game set. This team is clicking on all cylinders right now.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »