Home

Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14

This is a discussion on Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14 within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #65
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
A White Sox to Cubs trade? What is this?!

That series vs. the Dodgers looked a little rough, but at least Hamels is on the return trail.
There comes a time when all teams must get along. If the Yankees can acquire Stephen Drew, the White Sox can talk to Theo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Did the umpire really call a strikeout looking on a pitch 3-4 inches below the bottom of the strike zone?
I vaguely remember a strikeout that was clearly a ball, but I don't think it was that far down. I strikeout so much though, they all blend together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #66
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Series #16:

(23-28) vs.
(22-27)

First, some housekeeping. The Phillies have designated backup catcher Wil Nieves for assignment, and will call up catcher Cameron Rupp to replace him. Rupp, 25, will make his major league debut tonight vs. the Rockies. The righty hit .252/.315/.393 in AAA with 4 HR and 17 RBI.

Game 1: The Rockies would take game one, after another losing performance by Cliff Lee. Lee, who falls to 1-7, surrendered four runs all in the 7th inning. Carlos Gonzalez struck out three times, but made his presence felt with a three-run homer.

Game 2: Despite a lineup filled with bench players, the Phillies offense came to play today. John Mayberry and Darin Ruf both homered, which helped AJ Burnett earn his second win of the season.

Game 3: Ryne Sandberg seemed to throw in the towel a bit early tonight, due to the fatigue in his pitching staff and the lack of command from starter Jon Pettibone. Instead, Freddy Garcia was thrown to the wolves, and saw his ERA rise from below 1 to 3.80.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #67
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Last edited by slowpokemcgee; 08-19-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #68
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Series #17:

(20-33) vs.
(23-29)

Game 1: The Phillies started off a four-game series vs. the Mets in grand fashion. Ryan Howard led the way with two home runs and five RBI for Philadelphia. Roberto Hernandez looked solid yet again, allowing just one run on three hits. New York might be the worst team in the league right now.

Game 2: Dillon Gee struggled today for New York, allowing runs in three of the four innings he threw. The Mets as a team are slumping, and Kyle Kendrick was able to make easy work of the rotten apples. Ben Revere found the seats in right again, and rumors of PED's are circulating in the press box. While the center fielder has struggled most of the year, his two home runs this year are still mind-blowing.

Game 3: When things don't go right they don't go right. Matt Harvey faced off with Cliff Lee in what could have been a great pitchers duel. Unfortunately for the Mets, Harvey looked like he was trying to throw strikes from center field. The ace was all over the place, walking five in four innings, and allowing six hits. Astonishingly, he had to throw 35 pitches before recording his first out. Lee wasn't great, but was gifted a win to improve to 2-7. Ryan Howard went nuts in the series. He would have game 4 off, so his numbers for the first three games were 7/10, 2 HR, 6 R, 7 RBI and his average has jumped 36 points in the past week.

Game 4: Have I told you the Mets are bad? Because they're really bad. AJ Burnett picked up career win #150, throwing 7 scoreless innings. The Phillies picked up a big sweep, bringing them close to .500 on the season and still in reach of the first place Braves.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Nice game from Burnett and nice to always get HR #1 in the books.

You really roughed up Wheeler. He is bad in my Franchise right now too. I think he is like 0-6 with a ERA in the 8.00's. I wonder why. His rating and potential makes you think he would be better.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #70
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Woo 3 game win streak for my phillies!

Keep it up... and god Cliff Lee is doing terrible
Old 08-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Def following this thread. Love playing with teams that are going to be a challenge and the Phillies def look like a big challenge to be undertaking. To be honest I would get rid of Cliff Lee and see if anyone wants to trade for him or is interested in paying for an aging superstar.

Other than that awesome job!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #72
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Nice game from Burnett and nice to always get HR #1 in the books.

You really roughed up Wheeler. He is bad in my Franchise right now too. I think he is like 0-6 with a ERA in the 8.00's. I wonder why. His rating and potential makes you think he would be better.
Rupp has been a nice surprise so far. Even the outs are clobbered. I don't expect it to keep up long term, he's nothing special. Wheeler was throwing too many fastballs, with not enough of them hitting the corners. If the Mets were smart they'd give him some time to refocus in the minors, right now his BAA is .307.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Woo 3 game win streak for my phillies!

Keep it up... and god Cliff Lee is doing terrible
Feels good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilcNYR
Def following this thread. Love playing with teams that are going to be a challenge and the Phillies def look like a big challenge to be undertaking. To be honest I would get rid of Cliff Lee and see if anyone wants to trade for him or is interested in paying for an aging superstar.

Other than that awesome job!
Thanks! Cliff Lee is really hurting the little trade value he has with the tough start. Hopefully he turns it around soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »