Home

Chicago... CHICAGO?

This is a discussion on Chicago... CHICAGO? within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #17
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Chicago... CHICAGO?

Nice start to this man - I'll be following.

I did a private franchise with the Sox earlier this year and it's tough not having a farm. But having Sale and Abreu makes up for it a little and it provides a fun challenge to do a franchise with.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #18
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESexton18
Nice start to this man - I'll be following.

I did a private franchise with the Sox earlier this year and it's tough not having a farm. But having Sale and Abreu makes up for it a little and it provides a fun challenge to do a franchise with.
Yeah doing good atm, Abreu though is batting like .170 or something... Sale has a 3.54 ERA.. been all Danks/Hanson and Eaton... shocking lol
Old 07-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Looking for some feedback on which setup you like best? Box scores, with small overviews or lots of info with a picture in article sort of format.
I am more of a lots of info guy but both look good. I am also a bigger believe in making it your own. Every thread doesn't have to look the same.

As far as the farm goes, hopefully you will have a good draft. Are you going to go SP and edit the player to be Carlos Rondon the real life #1 prospect or will you just go with the best player available?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #20
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I am more of a lots of info guy but both look good. I am also a bigger believe in making it your own. Every thread doesn't have to look the same.

As far as the farm goes, hopefully you will have a good draft. Are you going to go SP and edit the player to be Carlos Rondon the real life #1 prospect or will you just go with the best player available?
It depends... I have been thinking about it and will probably just go best available, but if it is pitcher stacked I'll likely draft one and edit it to be Rondon. Thanks for feedback btw, I will be posting a bunch more today since I have some free time for the Show.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #21
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Gillaspe, Konerko carry White Sox to a 5-2 record on 7 game road trip

By Ryan Johnson [July 28, 2014 at 4:35pm CDT]

Teams have a right to be 'konkerned' about Paul Konerko. The 37 year old beast posted fantastic numbers throughout a 7 game road trip. Konerko batted .348 throughout the 7 games, and went along with 2 home runs, 5 RBIs and a double. Konerko's spurge of excellence allowed him to push his average to .316 with 6 long balls and 13 RBIs. "As a vet I'm just trying to lead this team as well as I can... I was feeling it on that road trip and it rubbed off on my bat and the team..." The words from slugger Konerko are likely true, as the team managed to sweep last years ALCS loser, the Detroit Tigers.

Konerko wasn't the only man on the team hitting well. Conor Gillaspe continued his stellar year, batting .391 throughout the 7 games. Gillaspe also had two doubles, a home run and 3 runs and 4 RBIs. Gillaspe is batting .333 with 3 home runs and 7 RBIs, and has obviously been one of the White Sox best players. "I just want to win." Gillaspe has proven that to the Sox. "We had a rough year last year and some of my good friends were traded... but I know we can be good and I'm going to try my best to make us good."

The Sox had a big outings pitching wise as well. Felipe Paulino, Chris Sale and Jose Quintana gave up two runs in 24.1 innings in the first three games against the Tigers. John Danks and the White Sox stellar lineup got them the sweep, as they won 6-4 the next game. The White Sox are 15-8 and 1.5 games back behind the Royals. The division seems to be a two team race, even though it was thought to be one of the most competitive before the season started. The Indians and Tigers, both with high expectations aren't living up to them. The teams records are 9-14 and 2-19 respectively.

The White Sox host the leaves best ERA, and are 3rd in stolen bases. The Sox are top 10 in BA, and top 3 in ER. The White sox lead the wild card race as well by 1 game. The White Sox come back to a 6 game home stand with their next series against the 13-10 TB Rays. In game 1, Hanson faces off against struggling Hellickson, in game two Felipe Paulino goes against Jake Odorizzi, then in the final game it will be a pitching duel, as left handed aces David Price and Chris Sale face off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #22
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

OVR: 0

Good for Konerko.. always liked him, classy guy. Nice results as well man!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #23
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESexton18
Good for Konerko.. always liked him, classy guy. Nice results as well man!
Honestly not sure who doesn't like Konerko haha. Thanks... I'm still pretty shocked the Tigers are 2-19 though... like what is up with The Show logic lol
Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #24
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Hanson with a handsome win

CHICAGO - Tommy Hanson had a handsome win today, pitching a complete game, while giving up one hit(i am about to throw my controller at my TV because of what I did on this 'hit'), 1 walk and striking out 6. The Sox won 3-0 to bring their record to 16-8 while downing the Rays to a 13-11 record. Tommy Hanson's stud performance hasn't been the only one. Hanson has a 1.85 ERA with 23 strikeouts in 39 innings. Hanson also has a 0.54 WHIP and is statistically leading this overachieving rotation with fellow bottom of the rotation pitchers Felipe Paulino(2-1, 2.05 ERA) and John Danks(4-1, 2.06 ERA).

While Hanson led the domination on the pitching side, The White Sox made sure to get him run support. Adam Dunn got a double, and then struggling Jose Abreu hopefully caught fire, as he is hitting .189, after his 2 run shot to give the Sox the lead. Red hot Conor Gillaspe had a double and the team captain Paul Konerko got a solo shot in the 7th to support the White Sox. Alejandro De Aza couldn't join into the great game, and hasn't been able to in a while. De Aza had a BA over .300, but is now batting .260 and starting to struggle as he is 1/13 in his last three games and has even worse stats throughout the last 10. Fellow youngster outfielder Adam Eaton has been just the opposite, as he continues his great campaign, batting .294 with 3 triples and 7 SBs.

The White Sox next game is featuring a battle of Felipe Paulino and Joke Odorizzi. Paulino has been a stud all year, complementing the rotation well and winning games solo-handedly. Odorizzi isn't much worse. He has a 2.41 ERA and 15 K's in 18 IP. Odorizzi has been a stud in this rotation, along with everyone other the Jeremy Hellickson, who is 0-4 with a 6.17 ERA. The Rays are trying to make a division title run, but will need Hellickson and their lineup(26th in BA) to step up if they want to continue that run. The Rays are 13-11 and 2 GB in the division and 1.5 back in the wild card race, which is currently led by the White Sox, who may take hold of the division as they are 1.5 GB of the Royals who are also currently on a hot streak, winning their last 10 games.

Last edited by KingFry; 07-29-2014 at 04:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »