Home

We Are Queens Boulevard | New York Mets Franchise

This is a discussion on We Are Queens Boulevard | New York Mets Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #9
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: We Are Queens Boulevard | New York Mets Franchise

Glad to see that you took the plunge. Don't worry, the Mets aren't one of my finalists, so we won't have tons of Mets chises on here. The guy who was doing the Mets seems to have lost interest, so it's ripe for the chising imo. Looks nice and detailed so far. Should be a nice challenge for you.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Good luck. I will be following.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks guys. So far so good haha... I have pretty poor photoshop (or GIMP in my case) skills so I'm relying on my writing mostly. I'm liking the Mets so far, as painful as it is to admit haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

Opening Day 2014 was finally upon us after a long wait. With the bold goal of 90 wins set on the Mets by GM Sandy Alderson, the season got under way with a home series against the Washington Nationals. No one was happier than Alderson we're sure after the opening series as by the time the Nats left town the Amazins' were on pace for 162 wins.

Game 1: Won 5-0 (Played) With the injury to Bartolo Colon forcing him to not be ready for opening day Jon Niese took the ball at Citi Field facing Stephen Strasburg and a tough Washington squad. Niese proved up to the task by throwing 7 shut out innings in his season debut scattering 4 hits with 3 strikeouts. Pitching dominated through 3 innings as both starters put up zero's before the Mets plated 3 runs in the bottom of the fourth against Strasburg. No scoring took place again until the bottom of the 7th when the Mets came through against Jerry Blevins for the final 5-0 score.

Strasburg went 5 innings in his season debut striking out 2 while giving up 3 runs (2 earned) on 5 hits. Blevins and Ross Detwiler combined for the final 3 innings. Vic Black and Josh Edgin combined with Niese on the shutout each allowing a hit while Edgin struck out the side in the 9th. At the plate Curtis Granderson was 2-4 in his Mets debut with a run scored. Ike Davis and Ruben Tejada each had an RBI double and Chris Young added an RBI single in a pinch hit appearance.

Game 2: Won 3-2 (Played) Dillon Gee took the ball in game two against Jordan Zimmerman. The Mets scored once in the first and once in the third to take a 2-0 lead. Gee had a shutout going before allowing 2 runs in the top of the 7th to tie the game which ended up going 11 innings. Gee struckout 9 in his 7 innings while Kyle Farnsworth, Jenrry Mejia, Carlos Torres, and finally Jeremy Hefner (W, 1-0) pitched the final 4 innings in the extra inning victory. Zimmerman struck out 2 in 6 innings while Blevins and Craig Stammen (2.2 IP, L, 0-1) also pitched.

At the plate Daniel Murphy and Ruben Tejada had an RBI each, while Ike Davis played the hero with an RBI single in extras to win it. For the Nationals, Bryce Harper was 1-5 with an RBI double and Adam Laroche also had an RBI.

Game 3: Won 6-2 (Played): Zack Wheeler made his 2014 debut a good one throwing 6 1/3 innings while striking out 7, scattering 5 hits and 2 earned runs. He was faced by Doug Fister making his Nationals debut, Fister was knocked around early going 4 innings with 5 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits and only one strikeout.

At the plate the captain, David Wright, went 1-2 with an RBI double. Tejada, Granderson, and Daniel Murphy added RBI's while Bobby Abreu had a double. Jayson Werth had both RBI's for the Nationals with a 6th inning homerun off of Wheeler.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #13
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Nice sweep man! Great start to that unbelievable goal set by Alderson lol.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:16 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

When in April did the Ike Davis to Pittsburgh deal go down? and do you plan on making it?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #15
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
When in April did the Ike Davis to Pittsburgh deal go down? and do you plan on making it?
The trade took place on April 18th and I'll definitely be making it. My plan as of now is to do all trades that happened in real life up until around mid July or so. Once I get closer to the deadline I'll be making any real life trades that happen that also make sense in my franchise.

I would just do all trades that happen in real life, but there is no guarantee that contenders in real life will be contending in the franchise. Basically I want to avoid deadline deals that don't make sense in the franchise. So once we get closer to July I'll have a better idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

Game 1: Loss 5-3 (Sim) The Mets dropped their first game of the season to the Reds 5-3. Tony Cingrani threw 7 strong innings giving up 3 earned runs on 9 hits with 6 strikeouts. Aroldis Chapman pitched the 9th with 2 strikeouts to earn his second save of the season. For the Mets, Bartolo Colon returned from his pectoral strain in Spring Training to make his Mets debut. It was one to forget as Colon went 5 innings allowing 5 earned runs on 8 hits with 4 strikeouts.

Pacing the Reds at the plate was Jay Bruce who was 2-4 with a 3 run homerun. Cingrani also helped his own cause in the game going 1-3 with a 2-run single. For the Mets, Eric Young Jr. hit his first homerun of the season, a two run blast in the second inning and also added a double. Curtis Granderson went 2-4 with an RBI.

Game 2: Loss 4-3 (Sim) Alfredo Simon made his season debut going 6 shut out innings with 5 strikeouts for his first win of the season. Sam Lecure, JJ Hoover, Manny Parra, and Chapman (S, 3) also pitched for the Reds. Jake de Grom made his MLB debut a pretty solid one going 6 innings while allowing only 2 earned runs on 7 hits.

The Mets made things interesting after trailing 4-0 heading into the bottom of the 9th the Mets scored 2 runs off of Parra and one run off of Chapman before the Cuban lefty closed out the game. Josh Satin playing 3rd base while David Wright had the day off, had a bases clearing triple in the inning before Chapman shut the door. For the Reds, Bruce was 3-3 with a two run homerun and an RBI double while Brandon Phillips added an RBI single.

Game 3: Won 7-0 (Played) Jon Niese looked to stop the losing streak at 2 games and he did just that throwing 8 shutout innings while scattering 5 hits and striking out 7. Jenrry Mejia pitched the 9th and struck out the side to finish the game. The Mets did a good job of getting Mat Latos out of the game early as the righty could only last 4 innings giving up 5 earned runs on 7 hits and striking out 2.

The Mets bats came alive and leading the way were Curtis Granderson (solo HR), Bobby Abreu (3 run homerun), and Travis D'arnaud (2 run homerun) While David Wright also added an RBI double.

Game 1: Loss 4-1(Sim) Ervin Santana threw a complete game 4 hitter allowing 1 run while striking out 5. Dillon Gee went 5 2/3 allowing 4 earned runs on 6 hits with 5 strikeouts. Carlos Torres (1/3 IP) and Vic Black (2 IP) also pitched for the Mets.

At the plate the Braves were led by Jason Heyward and Dan Uggla who each blasted a 2 run homerun. Curtis Granderson had the lone RBI for the Mets with a first inning triple.

Game 2: Loss 19-6 (Sim) Zack Wheeler's second start of the season didn't go as planned as he allowed 8 earned runs on 8 hits in only 3 innings. Carlos Torres was also hit hard allowing 6 earned runs in only one inning. Julio Teheran went 5 2/3 allowing 5 earned on 8 hits with 6 walks and 5 strikeouts for the Braves to earn the win.

The Braves saw big days from Evan Gattis (HR, 3 RBI), Jason Heyward (Solo HR), Andrelton Simmons (Grand slam, RBI single 5 RBIs), and Justin Upton (HR, 3 RBI) while Granderson added a 3 run homerun for the Mets.

Game 3: Won 1-0 (Played) Bartolo Colon etched his name into the history books by throwing a Perfect Game the 24th in baseball history. Colon dominated the Braves with 8 strikeouts in a truly historic performance from the 41 year old. Alex Wood was the hard luck loser going 6 innings while allowing 1 run on 5 hits and striking out 6.

It wasn't all good news for the Mets as David Wright was scratched from the game with a tight hamstring and is considered Day-to-Day and likely to play this weekend in Anaheim. At the plate Josh Satin's RBI single filling in for Wright was the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »