Home

Equinox831's Los Angeles Angels (MLB 14: The Show)

This is a discussion on Equinox831's Los Angeles Angels (MLB 14: The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #9
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Equinox831's Los Angeles Angels (MLB 14: The Show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpokemcgee
An interesting choice. Have fun with Trout, I'll be following.
Trout is obviously going to be the focal point moving forward. The Angels are going to be pretty fun for me because I love rebuilding projects and these guys are a project in disguise. I quite literally have a 1 year window to win a championship before it's back to the drawing board. I need pitching and outfielders in the farm system and it just isn't there. I'm brewing up some ideas for deadline deals so stay tuned.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Looking good so far. I like that someone is doing the Angels and I anticipate great things from Mike Trout and many milestones for Albert. If you can get an ace somehow (or if Richards becomes one), you will be a force in the AL West. Gotta outsmart Billy Beane.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Looking good so far. I like that someone is doing the Angels and I anticipate great things from Mike Trout and many milestones for Albert. If you can get an ace somehow (or if Richards becomes one), you will be a force in the AL West. Gotta outsmart Billy Beane.
Tyler Skaggs is one to watch as well. I'd love to trade for an ace, but it's no secret we don't have too many assets and the ones we do have I'm not so sure they're worth dealing away. We'll see what happens.

I've already played a couple games so the April 2014 summary should hopefully be out tonight. Thanks for reading everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

So do you plan on doing real life trades (Grilli,Street,Thatcher,Campana)

or will just make moves that make sense for your Franchise?

Also I too echo the fact someone is doing a Angels Franchise. Don't see them to often, same with the A's and Rangers, seems like most people want to go with Houston and do a rebuild.

I am excited to see how the West unfolds in your Franchise and I am already enjoying your writeups and previews.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
So do you plan on doing real life trades (Grilli,Street,Thatcher,Campana)

or will just make moves that make sense for your Franchise?

Also I too echo the fact someone is doing a Angels Franchise. Don't see them to often, same with the A's and Rangers, seems like most people want to go with Houston and do a rebuild.

I am excited to see how the West unfolds in your Franchise and I am already enjoying your writeups and previews.
I'm going to make moves that make sense for the franchise. The way I look at it, this is my own little baseball world that I'm inviting you all to take a peak into. Replicating every real life move just takes the fun out of it.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I'm going to make moves that make sense for the franchise. The way I look at it, this is my own little baseball world that I'm inviting you all to take a peak into. Replicating every real life move just takes the fun out of it.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!
Thats a cool way to think of it. I should think of it that way too...
Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #15
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

May 1st, 2014

Los Angeles, California --
A month of the season has come and gone and the Angels are looking incredibly mediocre. After 27 games the Halos sit at 13-14, good enough to net them a tie for 3rd place in the AL West at 4.5 games back.

Fortunately the California club is only a game below .500 because they have played much worse. As a team the Angels are batting .235 (27th in the league), have only brought across 92 runs (27th in the league), and have amassed a lowly 211 hits (29th in the league). Clearly the bats just aren't there, which is a major issue considering how average the pitching staff and rotation can be. The Angels fell victim to their horrendous bullpen on multiple occasions as they were defeated on walk-off hits 5 times in the month of April. It's clear that something needs to change or else the Angels could sink into the cellar of the AL West.

On the brighter side of things, 32 year old Josh Hamilton has proven that he's not quite done yet. Through 85 at-bats Hamilton has managed a .318 average to go along with 2 home runs and 16 RBIs. Erick Aybar also has picked up his play quite a bit since his sporadic Spring. Aybar has done a great job defensively for the Halos while hitting for a respectable .264. Aybar is currently leading the American League in stolen bases with 9 (Trout is tied for second with 8) so he's off to a relatively hot start. Old Man Albert is hitting .260 with 4 home runs and a team leading 16 RBIs. Pujols only needs 4 more home runs until he is granted entry into the 500 club.

On the mound things aren't too great, but we'll try to keep things light. C.J. Wilson has returned to form after a disappointing Spring, posting a 3-1 record with a 2.50 ERA. Wilson has a complete game shutout, 1.61 WHIP, and a clubhouse leading 43 Ks to his credit. Ernesto Frieri has also been a bit more consistent. He's been called upon to shut things down 10 times for the Halos and has done a solid job racking up 9 saves and only giving up 1 of the 5 walk-offs. Congrats, have a cookie Ernesto. Spring Training sensation Mike Morin has proved to be less effective against everyday MLB hitting. In 10 outings 0-1 with a blown save and a 5.40 ERA so a trip to AAA could be in his very near future.

The Angels kick off May with a crucial 3 game set against the division leading Texas Rangers.

Minor League Report

21 year old third baseman Kaleb Cowart has been off to an interesting start in AA. He's hitting .185 with 21 Ks through 26 games but has 2 home runs on 13 RBIs. 1/10 times Kaleb is going to hit it a country mile, the other 9 are all going to be Ks apparently.

Prized second baseman Taylor Lindsey has been respectable through his first month in AA, hitting .253 with 13 RBIs. Nothing crazy, but a few more weeks of consistent play from him could equal a trip up to AAA.

Not to be outdone by Lindsey, second baseman Alex Yarbrough has been nothing short of spectacular in AAA. Smoking the ball at a sizzling .336, Yarbrough has driven in 17 runs and is lining himself up to make an impact sooner rather than later.

Oh look, another second baseman. Sherman Johnson is also tearing the ball up in AAA hitting at a .301 clip while also driving out 1 home run for 12 RBIs. Sherman has also done a better job fielding than Yarbrough so Sherman, being the more versatile fielder, commonly shares the field with Yarbrough.

C.J. Cron has unfortunately struggled initially in AAA. Batting a lowly .224 with 18 Ks, 2 home runs, and only 10 RBIs, Cron is starting to worry some around the organization. At 24 years old, C.J. might not have too long to prove himself. For now he's sticking in AAA, but a move down to could prove to be fatal for his career.

18 year old Hunter Green has been mediocre in 5 starts at the AA level. Totaling up a 5.08 ERA and a 3-2 record, things could be better, but an 18 year old kid is bound to hit some bumps in the road.

Rounding out this month's minor league report is AA relief pitcher R.J. Alvarez. In a small sample size Alvarez has been sensational. He's only been called upon 5 times for 5 innings of work, but in those 5 innings Alvarez has struck out 6 and not allowed a hit or given up a walk. Yeah, dude is perfect. Pack your bags because AAA will be calling very shortly young man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #16
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

May 3rd, 2014

Los Angeles, California --
The Angels announced the signing of 27 year old reliever Odrisamer Despaigne. OD is signing on as an international prospect out of Cuba and immediately improves the bullpen. Odrisamer was previously a member of the Cuban National Baseball Team, so his skills should translate to major league hitting. The deal is worth $160,000 over 2 years.

22 year old rookie Mike Morin has also been demoted to AAA Salt Lake to join recently promoted pitcher R.J. Alvarez.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »