Home

Baseball in the Valley of the Sun | MLB 14

This is a discussion on Baseball in the Valley of the Sun | MLB 14 within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Baseball in the Valley of the Sun | MLB 14

Well at least we know you are good at losing games, but on a positive note your presentation and details are top notch..

Because you already made the moves that were done in real life, I will be curious to see what kind you make for your team and others later in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #26
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Well at least we know you are good at losing games, but on a positive note your presentation and details are top notch..

Because you already made the moves that were done in real life, I will be curious to see what kind you make for your team and others later in the season.
I like to think that it's not that I'm good at losing games with this team, but that I am good at not winning them.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #27
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Love this setup... gave me an idea for mine(your red border on the side...) gotta give you credit... love reading it! Keep up the entertaining and good work(but don't keep up the losing)
Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #28
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Heck yeah man, I love simple, clean presentations and yours is an example of that.

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Gimmie A Hell! Gimmie A Yeah! - This is Blue Mountain State Football.

Single-A Baseball on The Show? Un-Flocking-Believable! - Go Myrtle Beach Pelicans!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #29
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Love this setup... gave me an idea for mine(your red border on the side...) gotta give you credit... love reading it! Keep up the entertaining and good work(but don't keep up the losing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Heck yeah man, I love simple, clean presentations and yours is an example of that.
Thanks guys. With each chise, I always try to experiment with new things. In my last chise (Twins), I just felt like the box scores were too dominant and too big and made people do a bunch of scrolling by things that they probably weren't all that interested in. With the new format, I try to make the pics the most prominent things because the PS4's graphics are so slick. And try to mix in a little bit of stats with a little bit of story that you couldn't get from just a box score or from a simmed game recap (since I play all 162).

I figure that I can handle stats (love me some stats) with a recap post at various intervals rather than box score mania after every game. I think we can all agree that there is no right way and that everyone who posts franchises contributes some good ideas, whether it be graphically, or recapping by game by series or by month, or clever stories/promotions, solid writing, and of course lots of detail.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #30
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Series 3 @ COL

Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #31
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Love the don't mess with the zohan reference... hilarious movie... I love your setup..(the little things are the best... the line below the W/L pitchers and closer... the red border(doing something like that in my setup now lol) and the team color on the players).

I would love if the D-Backs won too, but I can't complain to a guy with one of the best 'chises on here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:04 AM   #32
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Gabbin' With Gibby

Each Monday of the 2014 season, a passive-aggressive man, coincidentally named Ryan Braun--no, not that Ryan Braun--wearing D'Back mascot D. Baxter's costume will sit down with Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson to inquire about the state of the team.

Quote:
Braun: So, 1-8?
Quote:
Gibson: It is what it is.
Quote:
Braun: I heard that you guys just signed a couple of players off the street? Is that right?
Quote:
Gibson: Yeah. We signed Casey Kotchman to play some 1B because our infield defense has been pretty bad. We also brought in Chia-Jen Lo to get a better look at him and see if he can help our bullpen any.
Quote:
Braun: Kevin Towers was fired not that long ago...
Quote:
Gibson: What are you implying? Are you sure you're not the real Ryan Braun. That cheddar muncher cost me 2011.
Quote:
Braun: No, all I'm saying is that Kevin Towers was fired pretty recently...so, do you think a 1-8 start to the season helps your job security?
Quote:
Gibson: Listen, you little ****** *** *****. Just because my contract says I have to be here for interviews, doesn't mean my fist will taste good.
Quote:
Braun: No need to be so aggressive, Gibby. Fist? I figured you might have Randall Delgado come by and just bea....
Quote:
Gibson: THAT'S IT! Get over here Braunie!

Well that appears to be all the time we have for this week's Gabbin' With Gibby.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »