Home

Chasing History: A Road to the Show Report

This is a discussion on Chasing History: A Road to the Show Report within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Chasing History: A Road to the Show Report

Have to be honest I am not a Yankee fan whatsoever, but you have a very nice layout and trying to follow in the footsteps of Jeter are big shoes to fill, but so far it looks like Happel is playing well enough to be considered in the A.L. ROY talks.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 35

It's funny that you say that, Deuce. I HATE the Yankees... I'm a big Red Sox and Phillies fan, so I really don't like the Yankees at all. I was so disappointed when they drafted my guy lol. But, seeing as I was a shortstop, I thought it would at least make a good story to tell with the Jeter angle, though I didn't expect to make it to the big leagues exactly the first year after he retired. We'll see what happens. Funny enough, I made a pitcher in MLB 09 - started in Oakland, but got traded to the Yankees. A year or two later, I pitched my first and only perfect game in any mode on The Show - against the Red Sox! I was almost disappointed, because I didn't want to do it against one of my favorite teams, lol.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #11
Pro

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
Pro

YANKEES CRUSHED IN HOME AND HOME SERIES
Braves Take 3 of 4 From New York

BRONX, New York (OS) - It was a frustrating series for Chase Happel and his Bronx Bombers, as they were dominated in just about every aspect of baseball while dropping three contests to Atlanta.

"I think it's safe to say that we're all glad to be done with that team for a while," commented Happel. "They beat us pretty good. I'm glad we were able to come away with the win today and kind of stop the bleeding. But man, we just need to play a lot better baseball."

New York was able to salvage the final matchup in its 4 game set with the Braves. Happel was one of the big contributors, as he went 3-for-4 at the plate with the go-ahead RBI double in the bottom of the seventh inning.

Atlanta stole the previous game at Yankee Stadium thanks to a ninth inning blowup by David Price and the bullpen. And the Braves swept both of their home games. Here is a recap of the forgettable four games against Atlanta:

Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #13
Pro

Old 09-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Pro

YANKEES SUFFER MASSIVE COLLAPSE IN 9TH
A's Finish Off 4 Game Sweep at the Stadium

BRONX, New York - The Yankees managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on Monday afternoon. After fighting their way back with a tremendous comeback in the bottom of the eighth, New York simply fell apart in the final frame, giving up a whopping 7 runs to lose 10-4 in a terribly disappointing series finale against Oakland.

"That's really about as frustrating as it gets in this game," admitted Yanks Manager Joe Girardi, who could do nothing more than shake his head and let out a sheepish laugh. "Baseball can be a funny and cruel game. I don't think anyone in the clubhouse is laughing right now, though."

"It's hard, when you fight so much to come back and get it done. Then, just when you think you've gotten over the hump, bang! The rug gets taken out from under you," commented Yankees shortstop Chase Happel. "We had it. I thought we absolutely had it and felt like maybe luck was going to start turning our way. It didn't work out that way, though, and now we just have to try and forget about it and move on."

Happel comes across with the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 8th.

Happel comes across with the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 8th.. (Hapshoops32 / Operation Sports)

Happel was a big reason why his club took a lead into the ninth inning in the first place. The Bronx Bombers were trailing 3-1 to start the bottom of the eighth. Ramon Flores started the rally with a one out single. After pinch hitter Alex Rodriguez popped out, Brett Gardner doubled home Flores to cut the deficit to one. Then Happel stepped up to the plate and promptly delivered a game-tying double down the third base line. It was his second RBI of the game and the second time the rookie came through with a clutch base hit to tie the contest.

Jacoby Ellsbury also collected a big hit, smacking a single to center field that brought Happel home with the go-ahead run. It was the first time the Yankees held a lead for the entire four game series against the Athletics.

That lead wouldn't last very long.

In the top of the ninth, David Robertson came on to close things out. But, all he did was open the door for Oakland. A two-run triple, a pair of two-run home runs and an RBI double added up to the final devastating blow to the Yanks, sending their shocked fans home wondering what hit them. Jed Lowrie was one of the players that hit New York, and hard. The shortstop had two dingers in the contest, including a blast in the 9th that gave the A's some insurance.

"Give them some credit," said Happel. "When we took the lead, they fought right back. They didn't just roll over. They're a good team, and as hard as it is to accept, today can be a learning lesson for us. The bottom line is that we have to start playing better baseball. We can roll over from here, or we can start fighting back."

The loss is just part of what was a dismal series and a terrible start to the month of June. New York is 1-8 since the calendar flipped from May. After being within striking distance of a .500 record, the Bronx Bombers have dropped to a season-worst 10 games below .500.

"We've dug ourselves a bit of a whole," quipped Yankees outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury. "But, we're not buried yet. It's not September. We've got plenty of talent on this team, it's' just time that people start living up to their potential."

Next, New York hosts a brief two game Interleague set against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Here is a look back at a series to forget against Oakland:

Last edited by Hapshoops32; 09-20-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #15
Pro

PITTSBURGH SERIES RECAP
Yankees Settle for Split After Blowout Loss

BRONX, New York (June 11, 2015) - Just when New York fans could start to feel good about themselves, a 14-2 drubbing at the hands of the Pirates Thursday night was more than enough to dampen everyone's spirits again.

For the second start in a row, Yankees starter Michael Pineda was pummeled like a pinata as Pittsburgh pushed across 6 runs against him in less than four innings of work. When all was said and done, the Pirates run total looked more like a football score, and they racked up an eye popping 21 hits.

"We just can't seem to get any positive momentum," said Yanks skipper Joe Girardi. "As soon as we take a step forward, we take two leaps backward. It's frustrating right now, to say the least."

The positive step came by way of a well-pitched and well-played 3-2 victory over their National League foes on the previous night. For Chase Happel, it was an equally frustrating series. The 19-year-old rookie was just 1-for-7 with a walk in the two games against Pittsburgh.

"I think everyone's just pressing right now, including me," commented Happel. "It can't get much worse for us this month, so hopefully we can win a couple of games and turn things around."

PLAY OF THE SERIES:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #16
Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »