Home

The Future Is Now - The 2015 Toronto Blue Jays - A MLB14 Franchise

This is a discussion on The Future Is Now - The 2015 Toronto Blue Jays - A MLB14 Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
The Future Is Now - The 2015 Toronto Blue Jays - A MLB14 Franchise

blue-jays3.png

Roster Base - OSFM HYBRID V3

Sliders - Custom, starting with Veteran Hitting and All Star Pitching

Gameplay - Simulated 2014 Season, 162 Games, simulate as I feel

Mode Specific - Monitored trades, 30 Team Control

Please let me establish some back story and such before posting.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Re: The Future Is Now - The 2015 Toronto Blue Jays - A MLB14 Franchise

It took me a while to decide whether or not I was going to do a Franchise and I decided that I wanted to start this up on the last day of the 2014 regular season - give any Blue Jays fans out there hopefully something good to follow during the offseason.

I will try to post as often as possible although there are some things in life that may get in the way here and there - if you have followed my past franchises, this one will be a similar style - no video as of now but that may change as I figure out the whole sharing thing on the PS4.

I have simulated through the 2014 - I am going to ignore what happened during sim and pretend we are starting this thing based on what happened IRL during the 2014 MLB campaign.

Hope everyone enjoys the read - thanks are owed to Waittilnextyear and AC who once again got me interested in doing this with their great Franchises.

Willard

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 10-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

Willard76's Arena

photo 75e7f001-e0cf-46c3-a968-e7211a1e6cd9_zps19dabb61.png">

Blue Jays Make Changes after 2nd Disappointing Season

After a second disappointing finish for a team that previous to the 2013 season was expected to challenge for the World Series, changes are afoot at 1 Blue Jay Way. Two days after the team finished up the season with a 83-79 record and 3rd place in a very weak AL East, President Paul Beeston announced he will be stepping aside to the role of Special Assistant to the President as VP of Baseball and GM Alex Anthopoulos moves into the role that Beeston has held for 33 of the club's 38 years of existence. A replacement for Anthopoulos has not been announced as of yet but is expected to be soon. Possibilities could include current assistants Andrew Tinnish or Tony LaCava. While he would not get into specifics, Anthopoulos noted in his press conference that the team would be taking a deep look into all aspects of the organization to determine whether they have the correct personnel in place to ensure the organization will continue to grow.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Last edited by Willard76; 10-01-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Blue Jays Announce New GM

The Toronto Blue Jays have announced the hiring of a new GM

photo 7f9c7470-437b-4b79-a28d-75dbdf77e9eb_zpsa9840cc6.jpg">

Former Blue Jays catcher and Scout Kevin Cash has been named General Manager of the club, he will report to new President Alex Anthopoulos. Cash, 36, had last been the bullpen coach under Terry Francona in Cleveland, has 2 World Series rings as a player with the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. He played in the majors from 2002 until 2010 as a member of the Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, Astros. He was hired as a pro scout prior to the 2012 season be the Blue Jays. He will now be responsible for overseeing what many deem will be a busy offseason for the Blue Jays

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 10-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Following, your rosters are awesome.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

Willard76's Arena

GM CASH MAKES CHANGES TO COACHING STAFF

Toronto Blue Jays GM Kevin Cash announced today that he had relieved manager John Gibbons of his duties. He also announced several changes to the club's coaching staff throughout the organization.

Garth Iorg Hired As Manager

Former Blue Jays Player and Coach as well as minor league manager Garth Iorg has been hired to manage the Blue Jays. While not specific on terms, Iorg, 59 was given a 3 year contract. GM Kevin Cash played under Iorg in the minors, and Iorg is widely known for his ability to work with both veterans and young players, which will be important based on the Blue Jays current roster, as well as some of the prospects in the farm

Jesse Barfield new Bench Coach

Barfield 54, was a former star OF with the Blue Jays and teammate of new manager Iorg. He has worked as a coach with the Houston Astros in the past. He replaces DeMarlo Hale who will take over managing the Buffalo Bisons, a team that should feature some near future Blue Jays talent

Bud Black new Pitching Coach

Black 57, has been the manager for the San Diego Padres since 2006, was let go by the Padres after the 2014 season. Black was a pitching coach with the LA Angles prior that.

Robin Ventura new 1B Coach

Former White Sox manager Ventura 47, was let go at the end of the 2014 season after another sub-par season with very little talent on the Southside. He succeeds Tim Leiper who will move to New Hampshire to manage the AA team that should feature many up and coming Blue Jays prospects

Duane Ward new Bullpen Coach

Ward 50, replaces Bob Stanley as bullpen coach after a season where the bullpen imploded far too often

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 10-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
MVP

Willard76's Arena

I have moved through my entire offseason with many moves made - I also ensured some teams made moves that were stereotypical of that franchise or needed to be made to avoid playing a garbage player that a specific position.

I will post results of the offseason shortly

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 10-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
MVP

Willard76's Arena

The Toronto Blue Jays move into Spring Training having adding a lot of Depth players with experience and a couple of players still trying to prove themselves at the major league level. They also were able to resign key player Melky Cabrera, while retaining options on 1B/DH Adam Lind, RP Dustin McGowan, SP JA Happ. They also allowed many depth minor leaguers to walk in order to make room for the new signees. The Jays management are also expecting more young players to step in and make contributions the way that Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman and Drew Hutchison did in 2014. Listed below are the Free Agent signees as well as the key players lost to FA.

Blue Jays Free Agents Offseason in Review
transactions.png

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Last edited by Willard76; 10-01-2014 at 10:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »