Home

The Quest For Donny Baseball 1987 Yankees Franchise Year 4 MLB The Show 20

This is a discussion on The Quest For Donny Baseball 1987 Yankees Franchise Year 4 MLB The Show 20 within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #41
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Quest For Donny Baseball MLB The Show 1987 Franchise

Awesome to see you're back!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Yankees hit some road bumps post A.S. break but the young guns have arrived!

August 10th 1987 - The NY Yankees were sitting in first place at the All-Star break in year one. However things began to unravel right after the summer classic. It all started with 3B Mike Pagliarulo tearing his shoulder which would shelve him for the season. It was a big blow as he was having a great season. The Yankees went ahead and signed free agent 3B John Castino. John is a 30 year old "B" potential 3B who was curiously available. The Yankees inked him to a 3 year contract for a modest 500K per year. Castino has responded and is currently hitting .295 and providing some very solid defense in Pags place.

Then long time veteran 2B Willie Randolph tore his calf running out a ground ball to first. Willie will also miss the rest of the season. That was followed by Gary Ward shredding his knee and then releif pitcher Rich Bordi who was a rock in middle relief going down with a sprained elbow (for the year). To make matters worse surprise Pete Filson a big left handed long relief pitcher in his first year in the Show tore his rotator cuff. So GM Michael Sword was reeling and the team went cold as well.

Sword was on the phones and did make a splash at the trade deadline. The Yankees sent SP's Brad Arsnberg, Dave Eiland and RP Pat Clements to the Indians in exchange for SS Jay Bell and SP Rod Nichols both 21 year old "B" prospects and expeced to make impacts as early as this season. It did not take long for Bell to be inserted into the starting lineup and platoon with Bobby Meecham and Wayne Tollison. So the Yankees sent some good prospects but feel they got back a SS in Jay Bell who will be a rock there for the next decade. In Rod Nichols they get one of the hottest SP in double A ball and they also called him up to provide long relief and spot starts.

As far as the Yankees rotation Ron Guidry and Rick Rhoden continue to be the horses. Charles Hudson has been up and down and after a womderful start Dennis Rasmussen has been sent down to AAA. Now Al Leiter and Bob Tewksbury have been asked to pitch earlier than thought. But things have gotten much better in August as they have won 7 of their last 8 games and sit just 4.5 games back of front running Boston. They are tied with the Royals for 1st in the wild card chase.

The phone rang again though after the trading deadline as the Orioles came calling. They offered SP "B" prospect Ben McDonald who is a horse for future slugging star RF Jay Buhner. Looking at the minor league pipeline for starting pitching and knowing Guidry and Rhoden are on their last legs (along with Tommy John who has fallen out of the rotation) Sword pulled the trigger and reeled in Big Ben. A huge trade for the pinstripes.

A full August recap show is forth coming (if Twitch does not mute my audio like they did on July's show sorry about that I have no control over that garbage). If they don't let the audio happen I will make sure you get great visuals of all the team stat's, league leaders and pennant races.

The Yankees have high hopes for Big Ben to anchor their rotation in the coming years

Sword thinks this throw-in in the Jay Bell trade will be a shining star in the future

Jay Bell is a nice pick up for the Yankees future at SS

John has been a great pick up filling in for Pags
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-12-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #43
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah these 87 Yanks aren't bad. 😏

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #44
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

It has been a long time since I was able to do an update.

Needless to say The Yankees are about to play game three (of four) in a season ending 4 game series vs the Red Sox. As of this post the Red Sox sit just one game in front of the Bronx Bombers.

If we manage to win game 3 and 4 we will have a one game lead going into a three game season finale vs the Baltimore Orioles.

Stay tuned for post season game recaps (We are locked into the wildcard game if we don't win the AL East vs Houston) which I promise to report on. I will also post up final regular season twitch video which will include a comprehensive statistics rundown for the Yankees as well as league leaders and award winners.

Then onto the Off-Season and into Year 2!!! The Yankees have a lot of contract decisions to make.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #45
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Wild Finish Lands Yankees In The Wild Card Game vs Mike Scott and The Astros

October 1st 1987 - The New York Yankees took 3 out of 4 from the Red Sox in Yankees Stadium. Emotions were riding high heading to Baltimore up 1 game with 3 to play. Then a loss in the series opener 4-3 had them fall back into a tie again as the Red Sox beat the Tribe in game 1 of their final 3 game set. Game two saw the Yankees win big behind Ron Kittle and John Castino. And the Red Sox lost in their 2nd game vs the Indians. It all came down to the final night of the season. Rick Rhoden a top 3 finalist for the AL Cy Young would face Bob Milaki. The Yankees would take a 4-3 lead into the bottom of the 9th. In the meantime the Red Sox were down 2-0 to the Indians heading into the 8th inning in their game. If the Red Sox lose it would not matter if the Yankees some how blew the game.

Dave Righetti would come into the game as he had 48 previous evenings. He had 40 saves entering this game with 5 blown saves. He would surrender the lead. The Yankees would go down 5-4 in a heartbreaking loss. Cal Ripkin Jr would hit a walk off solo shot to win it in the bottom of the 10th.

In the meantime on the Mistake By The Lake. The Red Sox would put up a 5 spot in the 8th and beat the Tribe 5-2 and force a single game tie breaker vs the Yankees. The Bronx Bombers would win the coin toss and the game would be under the lights at Yankee Stadium.

Bob Tewksberry would get the starting nod vs Jeff Sellers. Tewksberry has been nothing short of an Ace since his June call up. The Yankees were feeling confident. Ron Kittle would get it going with a solo shot in the second inning to stake the Yankees to a 1-0 lead. But things quickly fell part. The Red Sox would put up 7 runs in the third inning to take a commanding 7-1 lead. The Red Sox are the best offensive team in the entire league. Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell and Dwight Evans have wrecked havoc on AL and NL pitchers all season. Evans is the leading MVP canidate with over 40 HR's and 150 RBI's while Boggs will easily win the batting title hitting .340 plus and add to that a power surge year for the HOF 3B. The guys is a hitting machine. Greenwell would hit a grand slam in this game. But young CF Ellis Burks would also shine eventualyl going 6-6 on this night.

But The Yankees stormed back. behind Ron Kittle (2 HR's) Rick Cerone (3 run shot), Willie Randolph (2R HR) and Jay Bell they would actually take an 11-8 lead!!!

It truly was a magical evening in Yankees stadium as balls were leaving the yard every inning it seemed. With an 11-10 lead Rags would enter and needing just 3 outs for the AL East crown.

It was not to be. The Red Sox would take a 12-11 lead. But the Yankees again scratched and clawed back to tie the game. But in the 12th the bottom fell out as the Red Sox scored 3 more to go on and win 15-12.

So Year 1's regular season has come to a close and your NYY finish with a 96 win season and a wild card berth vs the tough Houston Astros.

This game is available on my Twitch Channel to watch and it is a crazy good game folks.

Watch it here and also catch the end of the year wrap up show which will broadcast live tonight and show all the end of the year statistics, award winners, final standings and league leaders. This will precede the Wild Card game vs Houston which will also be streamed live.

Rhoden vs Scott. The winner will face the dreaded Red Sox in the ALDS.

http://www.twitch.tv/todem23
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-11-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The Quest For Donny Baseball End Of The Year Recap

Since Twitch will mute my video if I talk about classic players (license issues it is ridiculous to be frank). I have this wrap up video that will take you around the league, (I mention players by first name only) giving you a recap of final standings, Yankees stats, top performers and award winners.

Watch it here! http://www.twitch.tv/todem23/v/7386274
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-11-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #47
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Astros and Pitcher Mike Scott End Yankees Season With 3-0 Wildcard Win

Mike Scott Mobbed by his teammates after tossing 8 shutout innings vs the Yankees

October 1987 - The New York Yankees came into their win or go home Wild Card game with high hopes. Manager Lou Pinella went with his gut and started Rick Rhoden over Ron Guidry. "Rick has been tremendous this season (13-3) and has been our horse". Things started off with a bang as Ricky Henderson doubled in his first AB. But what became a recurring theme on this evening, he was stranded at 2nd base. The game remained scoreless until Rhoden made a mistake pitch, hanging a slider out over the plate where C Alan Ashby promptly deposited into the LF seats.

1-0 Astros

In the meantime despite the Yankees working Scott into constant deep counts, they could not push across runs. Scott would end up throwing 115 pitches and would be removed in the bottom of the 9th after allowing the first two batters to reach. But Dave Smith would shut the door. And preserve the win for Scott.

3-0 was the final. A 96 win season for the Yankees in year one with nothing to show for it.

The Astros will move on to face the mighty Boston Red Sox, while the KC Royals will face the Seattle Mariners.

In the NL The Mets will face the 107 win Giants after defeating the Padres in the wild card game. The Pirates will face the Expos.

I will play the post season and will broadcast various match-ups and series on my twitch channel. So be on the look out for that.

Upon the conclusion of the post season we will go into the off-season where the Yankees have many contract decisions to make. I will give an off-season update with full reports on the Yankees roster, who is leaving, who is coming as well as key free agent movement around the league.

Then we will start year 2 and begin spring training ASAP!!! I will again play every game for the Yankees and this franchise will live on in MLB 16 next year as well!!! Thanks for reading and I hope your enjoying:

The Quest For Donny Baseball

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-20-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #48
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Great read, A&S. I need to check out your Twitch channel, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the offseason plays out. It'll be fun watching the moves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »