Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs VII. - The Point Of No Return

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs VII. - The Point Of No Return within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs VII. - The Point Of No Return

Thanks for the follow man, I'm kinda taking a break right now. Will probably pick things back up in a few weeks. Biggest question mark I got when it's time to start writing again is how to transition Tommy Hanson out of the rotation gracefully or play out this final season as a tribute.

Anybody that's followed this dynasty over the years, knows that Hanson was THE guy for our Braves. It was shocking hearing the news of his tragedy earlier this year, and I definitely want to finish the rest of his story in the Ted Turner Memoirs the right way.

I can leave it up to a vote however.

A. Retire Hanson immediately from the Memoirs
B. Let this season play out as scheduled, and start fresh next season.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #50
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
Thanks for the follow man, I'm kinda taking a break right now. Will probably pick things back up in a few weeks. Biggest question mark I got when it's time to start writing again is how to transition Tommy Hanson out of the rotation gracefully or play out this final season as a tribute.

Anybody that's followed this dynasty over the years, knows that Hanson was THE guy for our Braves. It was shocking hearing the news of his tragedy earlier this year, and I definitely want to finish the rest of his story in the Ted Turner Memoirs the right way.

B. Retiring him immediately would probably hurt your post-season chances. I say keep him for the rest of the year and lay him to rest in the off-season.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #51
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio

B. You'll have a better chance at the post-season (and in it) with Hanson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #52
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

B but I don't agree with the above reasons. Just think it's a little easier to transition him out in the offseason.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #53
MVP

Alright so it sounds like Tommy Hanson will stay till the end of the year, or the next game comes out. Thanks for your thoughts as always.

Anyone with a calendar app on their phone is quite aware that February is upon us! Oh my the pitchers, catchers overpaid waterboys, and da' coaches with seeds in their mouth and everytime they spit, they spit seeds are getting pretty damn close to reporting,

I myself am starting to get that itch again so this is as good a time as any to come back from break and get things started again.

So let's see.. where were we.. In front of us here in the hollowed Halls of the Ted Turner world we come back to a cold dusty house with a few tedious problems to figure out.

Mainly brehs... this is the WORST ball club we've had since the very beginning. And to be honest, I don't think John Smoltz and Chipper Jones are going to be walking through that door anytime soon. Schafer our spark plug is out for the year. And there is turmoil at the head of the franchise. But hang on because we'll get to that in just a sec...

All of this because, Holman Keezel, and that cheap son of a bitch Walily Casillas-Thomas low balled Jason Heyward and destroyed our outfield. It seemed like a good move at the time. But the lack of star power in the outfield has hurt our sim game quite a bit, and we find ourselves a distancing 4 games sometimes 6, out of the NL East race as the 2016 All Star game quickly approaches in 5 days.

Now don't be scared because up in Mississippi the emergence of one Emmitt Tyson into the land of the 70 OVR has raised some eyebrows. He could be the answer to the Heyward equation... but, dammit we don't want to rush this kid's development. Casillas-Thomas wants him at the show now, but the savvy Keezel keeps advising him not to and to look at the open market instead:

Too bad, we'd have a great feel good moment with Emmitt ruined by Craig Kimbrel pulling his best 2014 World Series botch moment and giving up back to back homers on less than 10 pitches for the blown save.

Damn, it's good to be back... I think.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #54
MVP

Now it was mentioned earlier that there was a little turmoil among the ranks. And the finger poking started with what exactly to do without Jordan Schafer in the lineup.

As running a 3 man outfield over the course of 100 games is down right ridiculous and the fatigue levels are effecting the whole lineup. Wallily wanted to make a splash and threw out 2 offers to the Royals:

The Royals looked like they were good on either offer, until a week ago when a 4 game win streak put them back in the AL Central race. There is no way in hell that Kemp is leaving that team at what would have been a firehouse sale of a bloated 20 million dollar contract... Because of an ill timed win streak, the asking Price for Kemp shot up to nothing less than Kris Medlen, our #2 pitcher as part of the package.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #55
MVP

As a result of that increase, the side of the house in which Holman Keezel had been pandering the past few weeks grew a little more in power. Now everybody in the Powers That Be were keen on the idea of promoting within and accelerating the young power hitting phenom Emmitt Tyson to the show.

Everybody that is except Austin Wilson.

And seriously how is a guy bating above .250, top 3 in homers, top 3 in RBIS, top 3 in hits, and is putting together a pretty damn good season, supposed to do when every time he opens the newspaper, he's hearing about how he may be the first one outta Atlanta.

Wilson was pretty frustrated in the lockeroom, as he should be. It's a very difficult situation to be in.. It would be Freddie Freeman to make the obvious statement that led to a change in his approach.

The Second Austin Wilson Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Wilson
I hit a lot of homers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Freeman
Doesn't Matter
Quote:
Well how am I supposed to get off the damn trade block. They tried twice in a week to ship me out.

Quote:
You don't wanna know the truth bro..
Quote:
No, no... tell me.

Quote:
Nah I better not.
Quote:
C'mon... what is it.

Quote:
You sure? Once I say this, you might now like it.

Quote:
Will it get me off the trade block.

Quote:
... maybe
Quote:
Alright then... well what is it?

Quote:
To be honest bro. I don't mean this the wrong way. But you look like a created player.
Quote:
Huh?
Quote:
I can't even take you seriously looking at you. How do you think they gonna treat you?

Quote:
Like I said, you Knights165 CAP looking sumbitch... if you stepped your game up a little bit, and got a bit more professional looking. You wouldn't be the first guy they consider when trying to make an enticing package. How do you think I got to be the superstar that I am?

Spoiler

Quote:
Take it from me... in my experience. If you look like a pro. You'll be treated like a pro.

Quote:
That's a little better.. you don't look like some fifth grade school girl waiting on Teen Nick to come on. But you can do better than this. Where the Bling-Bling at?
Quote:
Excuse me.. did you just say..
Quote:
(interrupting) Oh, Teen Nick? Sorry, my niece...
Quote:
No, you said Bling-Bling. Who da fug in 2016 still says bling bling in a serious conversation?!

Quote:
What about this?

Quote:
Nice... now you've got the idea. Gold shoes... why didn't I think of that.
Quote:
Probably because you just learned what Bling Bling was 10 minutes ago. Don't lie to me man!
Quote:

Quote:
And thus...The story of how Wilson came about Gold shoes ala Dorothy and the red slippers from the Wizard of Oz, and saved his career in Atlanta for maybe another night.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 02-04-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 12:59 AM   #56
MVP

At the halfway point of the year, the Braves are 7.5 games out of first place in the NL East. (Ouch!)

Now a fair amount of time has been spent talking about the lack of fire power on the offensive end, but peep this... where's this heralded greatly acclaimed Rotation of 2015 to give Washington a run for their money? Julio Teheran has fallen back down to earth with a 9-7 record. Kris Medlen is equally floundering around mediocrity and Brandon Beachey is the key piece in many trade rumors. The Nats #1 in baseball pitching staff and top 3 offense is blowing the entire National League away and speeding to an easy clinch of a playoff spot.

Not going to lie... it's hard pushing through a season in which both sides of the Braves army is putting up bad numbers. The All Star game featured the customary Craig Kimbrel is the best closer in baseball roster spot. The only "voted" on spot that was earned, was a 3rd catcher with no intent to be put in the game opportunity awarded to Evan Gattis.

Stuck behind Molina, stuck behind Posey, and even in jeopardy of not being able to see the field if the politics of not getting Joe Mauer in the mid summer classic go down. Coach Freddi G. will work his *** off to get the hometown boy in the game, but Mauer's star power is going to be hard to overrule come game time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »