Home

Philadelphia Phillies - **** you Amaro - Rebuilding Time!(MLB15 PS4)

This is a discussion on Philadelphia Phillies - **** you Amaro - Rebuilding Time!(MLB15 PS4) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Philadelphia Phillies - **** you Amaro - Rebuilding Time!(MLB15 PS4)

30 Team Control: On
Realistic trades/FA moves
Sliders: Custom
Settings: Custom
Rosters: OSFM Weekly #5(with small edits)

As a baseball/phillies fan, I had really trouble picking a team. I would love to use Harper, but I couldn't be the Nats if I tried. The O's didn't have an ace, I didn't like the Indians MLB roster or the Twins, and I had tried to Angels... so I figured, why not choose the Phillies? My hometown team, I'm sure I'll have fun in this franchise, doing exactly what Ruin Tomorrow Jr. wouldn't do(you know, making good moves). I will try to make moves for each team concerning their roster and seeing what fits needs, and will update on league news and once in a while each team individually while mainly focusing on the Phillies. Time to rebuild folks! Lets get started!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Philadelphia Phillies - **** you Amaro - Rebuilding Time!(MLB15 PS4)

I'll be following this as a fellow Phillies fan.

I agree with that sentiment. MacPhail for everyone!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #3
Pro

KingFry's Arena

The 2008 Phillies. An era where Ryan Howard could hit a ball, and Chase Utley wasn't getting injured every day. An era where the Phillies were good. But it looks like that era is finally over, and it's time for a rebuild in Philadelphia.

The Phillies really didn't make a splash this offseason. Any guy I name, you will have absolutely no idea who he is. The team comes into the season with their best player undoubtedly being Cole Hamels. Cliff Lee is also a solid starter, and Jonathan's Papelbon has some talent at closing games, but is an even better whiner. With aging starts past their primes(Utley, Howard), Philly needs youth. Heres the lineup and rotation overview.

Ben Revere (CF) - Revere is what he is. A speedy, underrated CFer. He rarely strikes out, has good speed, and will quietly hit .290-.300(career .292/.325/.345). Revere is one of the lone highlights of this lineup.

Chase Utley (2B) - He is old and washed up. Utley, who batted .270 last year, has really fallen off since 2008, where he hit 33 home runs. He'll probably play half the games and bat .250. But he is still a Phillies hero.

Maikal Franco (3B) - Now here is the Phillies future. He can get on base, hit for contact and power, and isn't a bad fielder. He is one of the future cornerstones of the MLB and the Phillies should feel lucky to have him. Be warned.

Ryan Howard (1B) - Strikeout.

Domonic Brown (RF) - Another highlight of this lineup, Dom Brown. Well, 2 years ago he was a highlight. Coming off a year where he hit .235 with 10 HRs, the Phillies are hoping the now 27 year old can do something with his career.

Cody Asche (LF) - The former 3rd basemen now mans the outfield. He isn't horrible, and could be a backend lineup or bench player for the Phillies. He still has time to improve at 24.

Carlos Ruiz (C) - A couple years off his best times Chooch appears to be near the end of his career. The once heralded catcher batted .252 last year with 6 HRs. Don't expect him to do much.

Freddy Galvis (SS) - Once talked about as the future of the Phillies, Galvis is now an afterthought. He batted .176 last year, and is simply a place holder for the up and coming J.P. Crawford.

Rotation:

Cole Hamels - The rotation is much better then the lineup. Hamels is an all star who is still at the top of his game. But if he ends this season a Phillie, then something is wrong. Hamels can demand multiple prospects from any competing team, as he had a 2.46 ERA last year with 198 SOs.

Cliff Lee - Cliff is past his prime but continues to pitch well. In a bit of an injury plagued season he had a 3.65 ERA, but he can still be a perennial all star and be a good piece to a competing team.

Aaron Harrang - Harrang is the guy you see filling the 5 spot on a competing team, but he really isn't that bad. He finally got another chance last year and posted a 3.57 ERA with 161 strikeouts. Expect him to put up good #'s in the 3 spot.

Chad Billingsly - The guy hasn't pitched in forever. There isn't much to talk about.

Kevin Correia - He had an ERA of almost 6 last year in limited appearances. He isn't very good and is just a placeholder for the Phils.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #4
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
I'll be following this as a fellow Phillies fan.

I agree with that sentiment. MacPhail for everyone!
Awesome. Will be getting in some free agency pick ups and games tomorrow, possibly a top 10 prospects preview of the Phils.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Sounds exciting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Top 10 Phillies Prospects
Maikel Franco - Yes, he struggled in his limited time in 2014, but he has worked harder and harder and tore it up in ST batting .382 with 4 homers. This guy is a stud and earned himself the opening day starting spot at 3B. He can hit for contact, power, and is a solid fielder. Franco sees the ball well but needs to generate a bit more plate discipline, but watch out, this guy is and will become a cornerstone for the Phils.

J.P. Crawford - This kid is a beast. He is 19 years old and nearing MLB ready. He won the Gulf Coast League batting title and followed that success by earning a spot in the All-Star Futures Game. He is a smooth fielder with a strong arm and good range. He can get on base and has the speed to steal, and is trying to add more of a power stroke into his game. He needs a bit more time to develop, but this kid will be a force on the left side of the IF with Franco.

Aaron Nola - Drafted in 2014, Nola is likely already on his way to the majors sometime this year. He has a great three pitch arsenal with a low 90's fastball, and a solid changeup and slider to back it up. He projects as a top of the line starter and the Phillies couldn't be more happier that they snagged him with the 7th pick.

Serevino Gonzalez - Gonzalez is an intriguing talent who will likely get called up this year. If Jessie Biddle can pan out, him, Nola, and Biddle would create a nice future rotation. Gonzalez has decent control and velocity and looks to make the best out of what may be a make or break year for him.

Jessie Biddle - The once heralded prospect looks to get back on track this season. Once noted as a top pitching prospect, he is now barely ahead of other guys on the list due to injuries and early struggles. But at 22, Biddle is looking more and more like a bust. To make that title go away he is going to have to hope his three pitch arsenal of a big curve, changeup, and low 90's fastball can get people out. If Biddle can solve some of his control/command issues he can be a nice starter along side Nola, but that may be a big if at this point.

Roman Quinn - Quinn has always been what he has been. He has the tools to be a great MLB player if he can put it together. He can get on base and can sometimes hit for power. He has good vision and discipline and combines those good features with lightning speed. When he comes up, don't be surprised if he moves Revere over to left field.

Zach Efflin - Eflins fastball spots the low 90s, and he can occasionally add a bit more velocity. His changeup is a very solid pitch, likely his best. His breaking ball isn't to horrible as a third offering either. He has had good success in the minors and worked his way up the system and could be a solid MLB starter.

Tom Windle - Pitchers continue to dominate the Phillies farm. Windle relies on his fastball-slider combo. He spots his fastball at about 90 and has shown more speed in the past. At 23, he needs to develop his changeup before going anywhere further. He could follow Glenn Perkins' path to the bullpen or be a back end starter.

Ben Lively - Lively, received in exchanged for Byrd spots great speed on his pitches. While he has speed, none of his pitches really jump off the page, but he can throw them for strikes. When on the Reds he was seen as a similar player to Tony Cinigrani, and could be called up soon for the Phillies.

Matt Imhof - The last player we have is yet another pitcher. Imhof is 21 and spots a curveball, fastball, and changeup. None of his pitches are amazing as his fastball goes from the upper 80's to 90, but he finds ways to strike guys out. He responded to his 1st challenge well and isn't much worse then Ben Lively or Tom Windle.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7

Good luck, it will be interesting to see who calls up Crawford first.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpokemcgee
Good luck, it will be interesting to see who calls up Crawford first.
Haha agreed! Definitely still following along with yours, hopefully I can get mine on par because yours is pretty awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »