Home

Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Show)

This is a discussion on Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Sho

If there's anyone reading this who could whip me up a couple of YouTube thumbnails would you be kind enough to PM me? Thank you!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:21 PM   #10
All Star

orion523's Arena

Re: Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Sho

Friday April 15th, 2016

(4-5) Fightin' Phils - 3
(6-3) Senators - 0
Back at it after another day off, and I'm starting to feel a little pressure to perform. I want to be out there every day, every day, and going 1 for 5, even though the "one" was an RBI double, isn't going to cut it. Coach mentioned that I'm struggling against right handers, I quickly assured him that it was early, and that I hit righties and lefties about equally. All the time I'm dying inside, thinking he wants to platoon me. I need to pick it up.

Highlights From The Ballgame

Old 05-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #11
All Star

orion523's Arena

Saturday April 16, 2016

(4-6) Fightin' Phils - 5
(7-3) Senators - 6

Lost a tough one today, 6-5 in ten innings. Finally did some damage to a righty, going 3 for 5 with 3 singles and a run, and even though it was my first three hit game in AA, that's not what's sticking with me about the game. It's that damn pickoff play. Pissed me off, and I'm still pissed about it. Here's what happened, top of the 3rd, 1-1 ballgame. I'm on first, Jake Long at the plate, Jaron Long on the mound, full count, two outs. Looking to get a jump on the play I try to time the delivery and apparently, I'm off by a split second, and Long catches it, spins and picks me off. Inning over. Because of my mistake, Long has the bat taken out of his hands, and the inning ends. I need to be smarter than that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #12
All Star

orion523's Arena

Sunday April 17th, 2016

(4-7) Fightin' Phils - 2
(8-3) Senators - 4

Well, had a clunker today. My admittedly modest four game hit streak is in the tank, and we lost, 4-2, making it six losses in seven games. Afterwords, coach pulled no punches, told us no one was guaranteed playing time, and that if things don't start changing, he'll start making changes. I am completely paranoid now thinking he means me. We're off to Richmond now, gonna be a long bumpy night on the bus...

Quick note, I forgot to record the final sequence at the end of the game, nothing more happened, the video is just missing the wrap-up show.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
All Star

orion523's Arena

Tuesday April 19th, 2016

(6-7) Fightin' Phils - 5
(6-7) Flying Squirrels - 3

On the bench for yesterday's win, I was back out there today, and it was a mixed bag, at least I thought so. A few good AB's, a couple not so good, but at the end of the day I was 1 for 5 with a walk, and that's not good enough. I need to be better than this.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #14
All Star

orion523's Arena

Wednesday April 20th, 2016

(6-8) Fightin' Phils - 2
(7-7) Flying Squirrels - 7

Ugh. Hit the ball like a damn girl today, no patience, no discipline, nothing, a stinking o'fer. Afterwords, the coach ripped me pretty good on the bench, told me he'd ship my *** back to Seattle(I'm from Spokane but I didn't feel a correction was in order.) if I didn't pick it up. Started feeling sorry for myself so I called home from the hotel and my older brother just happened to be visiting my parents, said I was 1 for my last 14, that I had bad luck, the coach was on my ***, he told me to stop acting like a ***** and play. He told me I'm playing a man's game now, be a man. I think it was what I needed to hear. Packing up now for the long bus ride back to Reading.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #15
All Star

orion523's Arena

Friday April 22nd, 2016

(4-11) Fisher Cats - 3
(7-8) Fightin' Phils - 5

Demoted(in my mind) to DH, and dropped to 6th in the lineup, I managed to go 0 for 3 with a walk in a game that saw both clubs combine for 21 hits. After the game, coach pulled me aside, he told me to keep my head up, he said that slumps happen and that the only way to get out of one was to keep your head about you, and come to the ballpark each and every day with a positive attitude. I thanked him of course and (tried) to emphasize that under no circumstances would I throw in the towel. I felt good after our talk, well as good as I could considering that I'm 1 for my last 17.

Saturday April 23rd, 2016

(5-11) Fisher Cats - 4
(7-9) Fightin' Phils - 2

We lost, and that always sucks, but I finally had a pretty good day at the plate, and boy did I need it. I had four good AB's, finished 2 for 4 with two singles, and two fly outs to center. Funny, I'm still just 3 for my last 21, which is f'n awful(trying to keep this PG), but I feel so much better. Just wish we'd have won.

Highlights From The Ballgames

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #16
All Star

orion523's Arena

Sunday April 24th, 2016

(5-12) Fisher Cats - 2
(8-9) Fightin' Phils - 3

Is that a light I see? Finally had a productive day at the plate, went 1 for 3 with an RBI sac fly and a two run single to help us take the rubber match of the series over New Hampshire. After the game coach told me to keep at it, my AB's were getting better, my swing selection was better. Now I just need to get back in the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »