Home

Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Show)

This is a discussion on Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Show)

Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel:
The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy

Murphy chats it up with a scout at last year's Topps rookie showcase

Last edited by orion523; 04-28-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

Re: Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Sho

J.J. Murphy Career Almanac

Name: J.J. Murphy
DOB: January 27, 1997
Hometown: Spokane, Wa.
Height: 6'2
Weight: 201
POS: CF(RF, LF, Secondary)
Bats: Both
Throws: Left

Transactions

June 8th, 2015: Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 3rd round of the MLB Entry Draft

June 15, 2015: Signs minor league deal with the club, assigned to GCL Phillies(Rookie)

March 25, 2016: Assigned to Double A Reading Fightin' Phils

Statistics

2015 Gulf Coast League Phillies Stats - Hitting
NAMEABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSBAOBPSLG
J.J. Murphy(CF,DH)135244170722141422.304.377.511

Old 04-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

Re: Diary Of A Ballplayer, The Sequel: The RTTS Career Of J.J. Murphy (MLB 16:The Sho

April 6, 2016
It's the day before opening day, and I can't lie, I am nervous as hell. Mr. Klentak gave me the news a couple of weeks ago that I'd be starting the season at Double A Reading, and at the time man was I pumped! I called home to Spokane, everyone was thrilled, what a jump! Now though, reality is setting in. This is going to be the biggest challenge of my life and I am thousands of miles from home, living in a small apartment in Reading, Pennsylvania, alone. This is it. This is happening, and I need to hold it all together so that I can show the world what I can do. Tomorrow, it's on. Oh, check out my new profile card...

Profile Card - J.J. Murphy
J.J. Murphy | CF
Reading Fightin\' Phils
Height: 6\'2Bats/Throws: S/L
Weight: 201Age: 19 years old
SeasonGABAVGR2B3BHRRBISBOBP
Last 10ABHRRBIHRSOSBAEPO

Last edited by orion523; 04-28-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quick note before I get started. During this RTTS, I will be using Armor & Swords awesome slider set, on Hall Of Fame difficulty(at Double A) and All-Star difficulty at Triple A and MLB.
No perks will be used at all, nor will Showtime, except for the times it automatically triggers.
I will cap my Double A progress somewhere in the mid 60's(OVR), and Triple A probably in the low to mid 70's(OVR).
As far as equipment, only Bronze and silver in the minors, once in MLB it's all fair game.
Highlights from each game will be recorded and posted.
Thanks for watching, and I hope you enjoy!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
All Star

orion523's Arena

Thursday April 7th, 2016

(0-1) Sea Dogs - 1
(1-0) Fightin' Phils - 2
Opening day, and it was every bit as nerve racking as I'd expected. The game has been over now for just a few hours and, it's all a blur. Bottom line though is this, we won first and foremost, awesome! As for me? I was DH today, coach said Roman(Quinn) would be in center and that he'd try to get me in the field when he could. At the plate I was 0 for 3, with a pop-out and two fly outs. I hit the ball hard in my last two AB's, just right at someone. Time to rest up, got another one tomorrow.

Friday April 8th, 2016

(0-2) Sea Dogs - 3
(2-0) Fightin' Phils - 6
On cloud nine baby! Got my first Double A hit today, a three run bomb, that smashed way up off of the offices there in left, man it felt good. Back in the dugout the boys gave me the silent treatment, then they all jumped me, felt awesome! The homer also turned out to be the difference, we won 6-3 and yours truly was named player of the game! Mackin'
Batting 8th as the DH, I flew out to left, grounded out to short, homered, and reached on a throwing error.

Highlights From The Ballgames

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

Saturday April 9th, 2016

(1-2) Sea Dogs - 3
(2-1) Fightin' Phils - 2
Fell behind early today and never could quite get back into it, we eventually lost by the score of 3-2. As for me, I was once again the DH, going 1 for 4 on the day with a ground out to first, an RBI single, a ground out to second, and a pop out to short.

Sunday April 10th, 2016

(1-3) Sea Dogs - 1
(3-1) Fightin' Phils - 2
Let's get the business out of the way quickly. We won a tough hard fought game 2-1, but from the DH spot I went without a hit, going 0 for 3 with a line out to short, a strikeout(my first), and a ground out to third. Now to the important stuff.
I talked to my agent after the game, told him I'd love to be in the field, he then dropped the bomb on me, subtly of course. You see, all he did was show me the club's depth chart for center field, Odubel Hererra, Nick Williams, Roman Quinn, Will Venable, then little ol' me. He then told me I should think about a position change, I said I'd think about it, but with 2 hits in 14 AB's, I'm not saying a damn thing right now.

Highlights From The Ballgames

Old 05-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

Monday April 11th, 2016

(2-3) Flying Squirrels - 7
(3-2) Fightin' Phils - 4
Something's up. Overheard Quinn and coach Wathan going at each other pretty good after last night's game, and now today I'm making my first start in center field, Roman's not in the lineup.
On the field, we took one on the chin, but I had my first two hit game at this level, going 2 for 4 with a pair of singles and a pair of ground outs. In the field, I nearly, nearly missed one. Tracked it well, but then I lost it for a second in the light, luckily though I recovered just in time and made the catch at the last second.

Highlights From The Ballgame

Old 05-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

Tuesday April 12th, 2016

(3-3) Flying Squirrels - 4
(3-3) Fightin' Phils - 1
Coach Wathan gave me the day off today, so I had a chance to watch the game and relax, sucks that we lost though, that's three out of four and we've fallen back to .500
Hopefully we can snap out of it and avoid the sweep.

Wednesday April 13th, 2016

(4-3) Flying Squirrels - 4
(3-4) Fightin' Phils - 2
Swept at home by a club who came in here without a win. We were dead flat from the jump and never could get going. After the ballgame coach really let us have it, made us run and do push-ups, said we'd keep doing that until he was satisfied with the effort we were putting forth. He also made it quite clear that we were professional ballplayers, and when professionals didn't perform, they were canned. Between the yelling, and the throwing of chairs, and the running, and the push-ups, I think we got the message. Personally, the game started out horrendously for me, I grounded into a double play, and then I fouled out to the catcher. After that foul out, coach gave me the stink eye so the pressure was on. My next two AB's I bashed a solo homer, and a single. Took the heat off a little bit.

Highlights From The Ballgame

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »