Home

2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise

This is a discussion on 2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: 2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise

Game 8 - SD Padres (5-2) at Philadelphia Phillies (5-2)

San Diego's hot hitting continued in Game 2 of the 4 game series grabbing 6 runs on 12 hits, while also managing to take 7 walks in the 6-4 win. Ryan Flaherty got his first start of the year filling in at shortstop for Carlos Correa who was given the night off. Flaherty took full advantage of the start. He smashes a 404 ft HR into the second deck in right field in the 2nd inning to give the Padres a 1-0 lead. He homered again in the 4th inning going opposite field off of Taijuan Walker and finished the day 2 for 4 at the plate with 2 HR's and 2 RBI's.

"Great win for us tonight. Just glad I can contribute when I get my chance at some playing time. " -- Ryan Flaherty

Game 3 of the series features the Padres Bartolo Colon (0-1, 3.86) taking on Derek Holland (1-0, 4.05).

Notes: Jarrod Dyson is now 6 for 6 in stolen bases and is tied for the NL lead with Dee Gordon of SF (both with 6 SB's). Roberto Osuna is now 3 for 3 on save opportunities and is tied for the league lead with 3 others. Freddie Freeman extended his hitting streak to 6 games raising his batting average to .355 on the year.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #10
MVP

Game 9 - SD Padres (6-2) at Philadelphia Phillies (5-3)

Control problems continued to plague the Phillies in Game 3 of the series leading to a combined 7 walks for the pitching staff contributing to a 3-0 loss. On the other end of the spectrum Bartolo Colon pitched an absolute gem of a game for the Padres going the distance on a 6 hit complete game shutout. His last complete game shutout was Sept. 5, 2015 where he beat the Marlins 7-0.

"He had great control today. It was a joy to watch." -- Andy Green, Padres Manager

Kris Bryant continued torching the Phillies in the series finishing the day 3 for 5, with a 2B, a HR and an RBI, raising his team leading batting average to .457 on the year. His 2nd HR of the season came in the 5th off a hanging curve ball that he absolutely tattooed off the left field foul pole to increase San Diego's lead to 2-0.

"He (Holland) threw me a bit of a hanging curve in my first at-bat. I went up looking for the curve this time. I got a bit excited and jumped on it, luckily it stayed fair. -- Kris Byrant.

The final game of the 4 game set is an afternoon affair ("getaway day"), where Daniel Norris (0-1, 3.86) tries for the Padres sweep with the Phillies starting Anibal Sanchez (1-0, 1.29) looking to salvage at least one game for the home squad.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
MVP

Game 10 - SD Padres (7-2) at Philadelphia Phillies (5-4)

The Padres continue their strong play scoring 5 runs from 3 HR's mixed with a complete game 3 hit 1 run performance from young lefty Daniel Norris for a 5-1 win, and a 4-game series sweep in Philly. Ryan Flaherty stole player of the game honours from Daniel Norris. In at first base to give Freddie Freeman a day off and he again takes advantage of what little playing time he has gotten by hitting 2 HR's, a solo shot to RF in the 3rd off of Annibal Sanchez, and then a 3-run HR to RF off of rookie left-hander Andy Oliver. Flaherty finishes the day 2 for 4 with 2 HR's and 4 RBI's. He currently leads the Padres in HR's this season with 4, despite only appearing in 4 games (starting in 2 of them).

"What can i say? When you're hot, you're hot" -- Ryan Flaherty

The Padres complete the first road trip of the season going 5-2 and are currently riding a 5-game winning streak. The Padres are 8-2 on the season and sit in 1st place in the NL West with a 1.5 game lead on the Colorado Rockies. San Diego opens up a 9-game home stand tomorrow night against the NL West cellar dwellers in the Arizona Diamondbacks. It will be Padres ace Adam Wainwright (2-0, 1.13) taking on the D-Backs Sonny Gray (0-2, 4.50).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #12
MVP

Game 11 - Arizona Diamondbacks (3-7) at San Diego Padres (8-2)

The Padres are handed their first home loss and snap a 5-game winning streak as the visiting Arizona Diamondbacks sneak past San Diego 3-2. Red hot Padre Ryan Flaherty homered for the 3rd time in two days (his 5th of the year) in the bottom of the 3rd inning to tie the game at 1-1.

But it was rookie shortstop Trevor Story who was the difference on this day as he destroys an 2-2 fastball that caught too much of the plate and with a man on was deposited over the centerfield wall. The 2-run HR gave the D-Backs a 3-2 lead in the 7th. Arizona's pen shut the door the rest of the way and rookie Edwin Diaz managed a 1-2-3 ninth inning to grab his 2nd save of the year.

"I took advantage of a mistake pitch. When you get your chance you can't miss." -- Trevor Story

Game 2 of the 3 game series goes Saturday afternoon with Aaron Sanchez (1-0, 3.07) taking the mound for the Padres while the D-Backs will be marching out Jordan Zimmerman (1-1, 5.40).
Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
MVP

Game 12 - Arizona Diamondbacks (4-7) at San Diego Padres (8-3)

Jarrod Dyson provided all of the offense needed for the Padres as he scores in the 3rd inning on a wild-pitch after tripling to right center field. Then in the 5th inning he leads off with a solo homer to left center off of Jordan Zimmerman, giving San Diego a 2-0 lead through 5 innings of play.

Aaron Sanchez managed to put together another solid outing on the mound, shutting out the D-Backs through 8 innings, with only 1 walk and 8 strikeouts grabbing his 2nd win of the season. Roberto Osuna came in for his 4th save in 4 save opportunities with an uneventful 1-2-3 ninth inning.

"Aaron (Sanchez) set us up for a great result. I need to just come in and execute. I did that today." -- Roberto Osuna

The rubber match of the 3 game series goes Sunday afternoon with the Padres Brandon Finnegan (1-0, 3.27) taking on the Diamondbacks Jaime Garcia (0-0, 3.29).
Old 09-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #14
MVP

Game 13 - Arizona Diamondbacks (4-8) at San Diego Padres (9-3)

Padres let a game get away from them in a big way allowing 2-runs in the 9th and 5 runs in the 10th for a disappointing 8-3 loss at home on Sunday afternoon. Sand Diego wastes a great pitching performance from Brandon Finnegan as he took a no-hitter into the 7th inning but was forced to leave the game with a high pitch count, his line 6.0 IP 2H 1 R 0 ER 2 BB 9 K's in the no-decision.

Roberto Osuna blows his first save of the season giving up 2 runs in the 9th forcing the game into extra innings at 3-3. He then fails to record an out in the 8th getting tagged with 2 more runs when Jeremy Jeffress gives up a 3-run HR to Arizona shortstop Trevor Story solidifying the loss.

"It good we have an off-day to regroup and rest after that one. Those are losses we don't want to repeat." -- Andy Green, San Diego Padres Manager.

The Padres enjoy an off-day on Monday in preparation of hosting the Pittsburgh Pirates for a 3-game set. Game 1 will have the Padres Bartolo Colon (1-1, 1.69) take on the Pirates Jered Weaver (2-0, 1.62).

Last edited by Ruffy; 09-05-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #15
MVP

Game 14 - Pittsburgh Pirates (5-8) at San Diego Padres (9-4)

San Diego gets behind early as Bartolo Colon is roughed up for 3-runs in the first inning highlighted by a Chris Coghlan 2-run HR to left to give the Pirates the early 3-0 lead. The home squad would tie things up in the 6th inning off of a 2-run homer of their own off the bat of Freddie Freeman to tie the game at 3-3 after 6 innings of play.

Trouble arrives again for San Diego in the top of the 7th as the Pirates manage to load the bases on a walk and two singles. But with the base-loaded an no-out. The Padres dance out of trouble with Chasen Bradford getting a strikeout and then replaced by Phil Coke who strikes out Coglan and then gets Nick Hundley to lazily fly out to Ichiro in right field to dance out of the inning not allowing any runs.

"The adrenaline was pumping for sure. That is as fired up as I have been this season." -- Phil Coke, SD Padres.

The rest of the San Diego bullpen pitched masterfully with Jason Grilli going two scoreless innings followed by a 1-2-3 top of the 10th inning by Fernando Rodney. In the home half of the 10th Carlos Correa stepped up to the plate with 1-out and smashes a 2-0 slider just over the wall in right center for the walkoff 4-3 win.

"Once the count went 2-0, I was looking for a fastball away. I got a slider up and put a good swing on it." -- Carlos Correa, San Diego Padres.

Game 2 is set for Wednesday night with the Padres Daniel Norris (1-1, 2.25) taking on the Pirates Kyle Lohse (0-1, 2.77). The Padres now site tied for 1st in the NL West with the Colorado Rockies. Both teams have a 3 game lead over the LA Dodgers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #16
MVP

Game 15 - Pittsburgh Pirates (5-9) at San Diego Padres (10-4)

The Pirates grabbed an early lead in the first inning off a mammoth first pitch fastball HR to left off the bat of Paul Goldschmidt. Then after a Daniel Norris error on a nubber to 3rd base, Khris Davis smashed a 3-run HR into the 2nd deck of the Metal Supply Company building to give the Pirates a commanding 5-0 lead after 5 full innings of play.

"I was looking for something offspeed on the 3-2 pitch. He hung one, and I crushed it." -- Khris Davis, Pittsburgh Pirates.

Kyle Lohse proceeded to keep the Padres off the scoreboard through 8 innings but could not close the deal in the 9th inning. After getting the first out. Matt Wieters lined a single up the middle and the next batter, Ryan Flaherty hit a 2-2 slider over the wall in left center for a 2-run shot, ending the night for Lohse. Jake McGee records the final 2 outs of the game for the 6-2 Pittsburgh win.

"I have to credit our defense as much as the offense. Two double plays and two guys thrown out at the plate. A great team effort tonight" -- Kyle Lohse, Pittsburgh Pirates.

Game 3 is set for Thursday afternoon with the Padres sending Adam Wainwright (2-1, 1.96) to the mound in the rubber match to take on the Pirates undefeated ace lefthander Cole Hamels (2-0, 1.04).

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »